Is it possible to walk without willfully sinning? It better be....

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And here again, it goes back to the question.

Can you produce for us, one person other than Jesus, that has attained that mark?

And here once again, there is this rule:

Link to this rule for GT.

Sorry

Like I said, I may try, I may desire it, I may want it, but the fact remains, as long as we live in the body of flesh, it will trip us up even in our best attempts. And, it, as far as this area is concerned, an unattainable mark.

Sorry

God Bless

Till all are one.
Hi my brother. I appreciate your comments. However, as this OP dealt with willful sin, I would like to know if that is your stance as well. Is it not only possible, but requored that we flee all willful sin?

It is one thing to be caught in a sin thst we have battlecand continue to battle, but find no victory. To will is present, but how to actually obey, we cannot at present find. But would you agree it is quite another if a man is committing a sin that God has convicted him of, and simply is unwilling to give it up?

Thanks,

Gideon

Upvote 0

CleanSoul

Jan 20, 2019
Midwest
✟15,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

No need to be sorry to me.

I feel we are being disrespectful to the OP. I want to hear more from the guy with the adorable baby on his shoulder because it is interesting. Again, post #28.

And, do not for a moment take the above response to mean I have run out of things to say.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi my brother. I appreciate your comments. However, as this OP dealt with willful sin, I would like to know if that is your stance as well. Is it not only possible, but requored that we flee all willful sin?

It is one thing to be caught in a sin thst we have battlecand continue to battle, but find no victory. To will is present, but how to actually obey, we cannot at present find. But would you agree it is quite another if a man is committing a sin that God has convicted him of, and simply is unwilling to give it up?

Thanks,

Gideon

All sin is "willful".

Even in the OT there were provisions made for sin committed out of "ignorance".

Ever heard the phrase "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse"?

That comes from Num. 15:22-31.

"Observe How THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN GREATER AND LESSER SINS IS HERE STATED.

1. Some sins are described as sins of ignorance. The reference is to faults that are due to error or inadvertence. We all know, to our cost, how liable we are to these. Never a day passes but we omit duty and commit faults, either because we knew no better, or because we were "off our guard" and stumbled before we were aware. These are sins of infirmity, such as cleave to the best of men in the present life.

Observe THE LAW WHICH IS LAID DOWN WITH REFERENCE TO THE TWO KINDS OF SIN.

1. When the party - whether it be the congregation or an individual Israelite - who has sinned inadvertently becomes aware of the sin, a sin-offering is to be presented with the accustomed rites, and the sin will be forgiven (verses 24, 25, 27, 28). The point to be noted here is, that however much the sin may have been due to mere ignorance or inadvertence, the law demanded satisfaction; that is to say, Transgression of God's law is transgression still, though done through mere heedlessness or error. Ignorance and heedlessness may extenuate, but they do not justify; nor do they exempt from suffering the consequences of evil doing. Nor ought this to be deemed strange or harsh. The same principle prevails in human governments. A transgressor does not escape the penalties annexed to his acts because he did not know they were forbidden, or because he acted recklessly."

Source

And still, you both miss what is being said.

I may desire to sin no more, I may try to follow the Spirit as best as I can, I may have the heartfelt desire inward to Obey God always. But the fact remains that from the day I was born, until the day I die, and Jesus returns and I am made like Him, we, even Christians, are going to sin, whether willfully or out of ignorance.

John knew this when he wrote 1 Jn. 1:8-10.

Walking in this life, "sinless" as you say, even when directed by the Holy Spirit, was a mark nobody has met. Peter couldn't do it. Paul couldn't do it.

Has the Christ event in your life so eradicated sin in your life that it is impossible to sin?

No. Even Paul wrote:

"For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." -Rom. 7:14-23 (KJV)

It is written there for you to see. Twice in those verse we see that Paul desired to every fiber within him, to do what God wanted him to do, but sin was still present in him causing him to stumble and sin.

To walk in this life without sing is a worthy goal, but because we live in this flesh, because sin is still a part of us, we cannot, will not achieve that mark.

I'm so sorry you ignore scripture, or just won't admit it.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All sin is "willful".

1. Some sins are described as sins of ignorance. The reference is to faults that are due to error or inadvertence. We all know, to our cost, how liable we are to these. Never a day passes but we omit duty and commit faults, either because we knew no better, or because we were "off our guard" and stumbled before we were aware. These are sins of infirmity, such as cleave to the best of men in the present life.

1. When the party - whether it be the congregation or an individual Israelite - who has sinned inadvertently becomes aware of the sin, a sin-offering is to be presented with the accustomed rites, and the sin will be forgiven (verses 24, 25, 27, 28). The point to be noted here is, that however much the sin may have been due to mere ignorance or inadvertence, the law demanded satisfaction; that is to say, Transgression of God's law is transgression still, though done through mere heedlessness or error. Ignorance and heedlessness may extenuate, but they do not justify; nor do they exempt from suffering the consequences of evil doing. Nor ought this to be deemed strange or harsh. The same principle prevails in human governments. A transgressor does not escape the penalties annexed to his acts because he did not know they were forbidden, or because he acted recklessly."

Source

I may desire to sin no more, I may try to follow the Spirit as best as I can, I may have the heartfelt desire inward to Obey God always. But the fact remains that from the day I was born, until the day I die, and Jesus returns and I am made like Him, we, even Christians, are going to sin, whether willfully or out of ignorance.

Walking in this life, "sinless" as you say, even when directed by the Holy Spirit, was a mark nobody has met. Peter couldn't do it. Paul couldn't do it.

Has the Christ event in your life so eradicated sin in your life that it is impossible to sin?

No. Even Paul wrote:

"For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members." -Rom. 7:14-23 (KJV)

It is written there for you to see. Twice in those verse we see that Paul desired to every fiber within him, to do what God wanted him to do, but sin was still present in him causing him to stumble and sin.

To walk in this life without sing is a worthy goal, but because we live in this flesh, because sin is still a part of us, we cannot, will not achieve that mark.

God Bless

Till all are one.
Brother, I need to disagree with you here. All sin is not willful sin. In Romans 7, we read that Paul said that to will to obey was there, but how to perform it, he found not. This was a man caught by sin who desperately wanted to walk in obedience but sin had him. He needed a deliverer to free him from his bondage to sin. Yes, we all have fleshly bodies until the day we die, but we no longer have fleshly csrnal natures, and God has promised to cause us both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure.

I would like to ask you a direct question and whether or not you answer is totally up to you. the truth is, I do not need to know, Yuorcown heart needs to answer. I do not mean to pry or to put you on the spot. Are there sins you commit that are most definotely things that you know are wrong, the Spirit has convicted you of such, and you still, knowing this, proceed to do them anyway, thinking you will be forgoven of auch acts, repeated once or repeated hundrens of time? if so, that is willful sin, a far crycfrom a man who is an alcoholic for instance, who hates his sin but cannpt find the power to quit. Such a man, when he fwlls, feels terrible, is loaded down with guilt and remorse but like Paul, does not possess the power to stop.

You see, there is a battle in the man's heart. Not so in the heart of the willful sinner. No battle, No remorse. He builds up the grace of God as his excuse, and that is just what it is, an excuse. This man, whoever he may be. is deceived and in great danger. And scripture backs this up .

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

Hebrews 10:26-29

Will we try to explain away this clear cut warning, plowing ahead in our rebellion? if so, it is to judgment. I pray any who read this examine rhemselves whether they be in the faith, for many walk deceived by the enemy of our souls.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All sin is "willful".

Source

No. Even Paul wrote:

God Bless

Till all are one.
As to your last comment, Paul os clear in Romans 8. We have been made new creatures, and are no longer in the flesh (nature). Paul tells us clearly that we owe it NOTHING.

I am not sharing sinless perfectionism, but being kept from sinning by the Spirit inside causing is to walk in obedience. We are told to count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations. How would that be possible if we still believe that we cannot take the way of escape the alord promises to provide each one of us, and every time?

I am not talk bodily perfection. There is still a sanctification process thst must happen once we put on our new natures by faith. But we must be aware, we do not grpw from old natured being to new natured being by effort, or by simply the passing of time. The process truly does not begin until we stand on the promise that sin no longer has dominion over us. He makes us totally pure on the insode, and as we stand on the promises and believe we are now are and who we no longer are.... whom we WERE....... our faith grows, our purity grows, and our perfect core grows outward.

Can a man or woman walk perfectly outwardly God says yes. Am I there? No. But forgetting where I was yesterday, I am not dismayed that His work in me is not finished. I press in through Him, walking in all the light I possess, fervently seeking for more of Christ to be manifested in me.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One word comes to mind in regards to this thread:

"Ichabod"!

God said that.

Say what you will, scriptures agree with everything I said.

I might want it, I might desire it, but try as I may, I'll NEVER attain what you preach, as long as I am in this body of "flesh".

It is obvious scripture don't mean a thing, so the best thing for me to do is bow out.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

CleanSoul

Jan 20, 2019
Midwest
✟15,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We still can sin, but we simply have been changed so much that we do not want to and thus God keeps us totally safe.

Which is what happened with me, (see post 29) through the process I have explained. How does it happen with someone who is not Catholic? How do they stop committing the sins to which they are enslaved?

Upvote 0