Is it possible to fall out of God the Father's love? What do you think?

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,730,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Can you not read?
“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? Lk 15:4

Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. Lk 15:7

Do the math. 100 - 1 = 99
The lost sheep was saved because he/she was originally part of the other NINETY-NINE RIGHTEOUS PERSONS who NEED NO REPENTANCE. Does "need no repentance" sound like saved or unsaved persons to you? The lost sheep was originally of the saved flock who need no repentance, thus he/she was a saved person.
100 righteous persons who are saved; who need no repentance minus 1 person who becomes lost and is now a sinner = 99 righteous persons.
Get it?
Wait!! Where does it say that the one was righteous before it wandered? You added that.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wait!! Where does it say that the one was righteous before it wandered? You added that.
What? It was PART OF THE 99 other sheep WHO NEEDED NO REPENTANCE. Need no repentance = RIGHTEOUS. The sheep who became lost was part of the flock of 100 sheep. They have already repented and thus are righteous/SAVED. Why is this so hard to understand?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,730,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What? It was PART OF THE 99 other sheep WHO NEEDED NO REPENTANCE. Need no repentance = RIGHTEOUS. The sheep who became lost was part of the flock of 100 sheep. They have already repented and thus are righteous/SAVED. Why is this so hard to understand?
We know about the 99. And the 1. But you keep insisting that the 1 was saved, and Jesus never says that. You are assuming facts not in evidence.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
God didn’t tell you that. God expects obedience from His children.
God didn’t tell you that. God expects obedience from His children.

It's God's love that changes us. But to fulfill all of the commandments, all we are commanded to do is love our neighbor as ourselves, love through our words and deeds, and in so, love God.
And this is far more important than believing one has obeyed simply because the did not steal, did not kill...

Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We know about the 99. And the 1. But you keep insisting that the 1 was saved, and Jesus never says that. You are assuming facts not in evidence.

He is not insisting that the 1 was saved, but is in the process of BEING saved. :) A good shepherd will go to the ends of the Earth to find the one lost sheep.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with most of what you said. God loved us and continues go love us so much that he sent Christ to die for us and to die for humanity. Everybody has the chance at salvation and the bible even says that God still loves the unrepentant sinners.

I can just imagine what Judgement day will be like for unbelievers. To hear God say "I loved you SO much. But you rejected my love."

Is... just so sad. I hope I wont have to witness it.

I believe many of those people are the sheep. I think the believers that don't follow the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself are the ones that should be concerned.

God loves us always. We do not earn it, so we cannot lose it. The hope is that by loving us first without the need to earn it, we in turn will love our neighbor, not because they have earned your love, but given to everyone as a thank you to God.

But talk about love, and someone will tell you it is about obedience. The Pharisees were chided for tithing their herbs rather than focusing on mercy, and forgiveness. Christ was chiding them for having shallow values rather than substantial ones.

But in my experience, many Christians do not preach loving your neighbor as yourself.

They will "love the sinner, hate the sin."
No one says to a friend, "I love you, but I hate your flaws." Will we point it out in love to a friend? Sure, and then we let it go, knowing we have flaws ourselves.

A rider in my Lyft said she was in an organization that was cross religions, Jewish, Muslim and Christian, and did charity work for the community. I said that was great, and at their core, the main point is to love one another. She quickly said, "yes, but you can't just love. If someone was an alcoholic, it wouldn't be very loving for me to say anything."

She immediately equates love with correction another's flaws.

I see it as "i was hungry, and you fed me."

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,730,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He is not insisting that the 1 was saved, but is in the process of BEING saved. :) A good shepherd will go to the ends of the Earth to find the one lost sheep.
His sheep. Just to be clear.

Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
His sheep. Just to be clear.
Are you saying that because the one sheep became lost from the pack, that sheep no longer belongs to Jesus?

If you lose your suitcase at the airport do all the items inside no longer belong to you?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,730,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that because the one sheep became lost from the pack, that sheep no longer belongs to Jesus?

If you lose your suitcase at the airport do all the items inside no longer belong to you?
I think I emphasized that it was His sheep. I even put it in italics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums