Is it possible that some of Gods chosen will not end up in heaven?

Will all of Gods chosen go to heaven. What do you think?

• yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • absolutely

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • other.....please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not sure right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BrotherDave

Sep 11, 2005
Bay Area, California
✟16,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Assuming the chosen are Christians that God has selected to go to heaven. If you don't think so what would be the reasons why they wouldn't?

Sorry, I originally left the don't out.
I think I left my brain in the bathroom again:)

All that God has predestined or elected to salvation He chose according to HIs divine wisdom (Eph 1: 4-13, Eph 2:8, 2 These 2:13) from before the foundation of the world. Their names have been recorded in the Lambs Book of Life (Rev 13:8, 21:27). Every one of them absolutely will end up in heaven because Jesus paid for every one of their sins (1 John1:7, Psalm 85:2). They have been given eternal life (John 10:27-28)

He tell us “all the father has given him will in no way be cast out (John 6:37)". What a wonderful thing. Imagine if our salvation was up to us. A single sin would be enough for us to be guilty. We can trust that when God says all His (elected, chosen, predestined) people will be saved; they will be.

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Assuming the chosen are Christians that God has selected to go to heaven. If you don't think so what would be the reasons why they wouldn't?

The Christian Jews had to endure a firey trial in the 1st century leading up to the 70AD Wrath and Destruction/Holocaust of Jerusalem.
Just as an example, did all the unbelieving non-Christian Jews who perished end up in "hell", or annihilated"?

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
Of the Jews destroyed during the siege, Josephus reckons not less than ONE MILLION AND ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND, to which must be added, above TWO-HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SEVEN THOUSAND who perished in other places, and innumerable multitudes who were swept away by famine, and pestilence, and of which no calculation could be made.
==============================
Some verses said before 70AD
Daniel was written to the JEWS concerning the time of the End in 70ad:

Dan 11:35
And some of them that are wise shall fall
, to refine them, and to purify, and to make them white,
even to the time of the end; because it is yet for the time appointed.

Mal 3:3
and he will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he will purify the sons of Levi, and refine them as gold and silver; and they shall offer unto Jehovah offerings in righteousness.
===============
1 Peter 4:12
Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;

James 1:12 Happy a man who is enduring trial
<3986> that approved becoming, he shall receive the Crown of the Life, which the Lord did promise to those loving Him.
=========
Here in Revelation 2:10 Jesus is talking to Christian Assemblies, believers:
Look what He says concerning those who stand fast in the Faith even unto death.
I would think they would be in danger of the "2 death" if they did not standfast until death?

REVELATION 2:10 "....YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION 10 DAYS..."

Revelation 2:
10 No yet one thou be fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering. Behold! the Devil is being about to be casting ye into a prison<5438>, that ye may be being tried<3985>,and ye shall be having tribulation<2347> of ten days
Be thou becoming! faithful until death! and I shall be giving to thee the Crown of the Life.
11 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.” '

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was pre. New Covenant to random 'followers' before the Resurrection before folks were born again.
Jesus' followers were not born again? that make no sense... wasn't Jesus the one to coin the phrase "born again" while talking to a Pharisee?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So then at least 19 of us believe OSAS.:)
I would suggest to the OP that he add the options "I am not sure at this time" and "other"
That can be done thru the edit poll options.......

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus' followers were not born again? that make no sense... wasn't Jesus the one to coin the phrase "born again" while talking to a Pharisee?

He was not talking to the 'born Again' the spirit was not yet given to indwell the believer and the New Covenant not inaugurated until the Resurrection. This was a reference to what was to come at that time.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was not talking to the 'born Again' the spirit was not yet given to indwell the believer and the New Covenant not inaugurated until the Resurrection. This was a reference to what was to come at that time.
Abraham and others were justified by faith in the OT by believing, how is that not "Born again" ?
Jesus didn't say "You must wait until I'm risen to believe on me."
He said:
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
At the time that he told Nicodemus that, it would have meant believing that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes we are saved by faith - always have been.

That is not the issue.

Being Born again is a different issue.

Jeremiah predicted a New Covenant in which believers would receive His presence within.

Not like the Old Covenant.

The Law was to be written on their hearts.

This was given after the resurrection when He breathed on them.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes we are saved by faith - always have been.

That is not the issue.

Being Born again is a different issue.

Jeremiah predicted a New Covenant in which believers would receive His presence within.

Not like the Old Covenant.

The Law was to be written on their hearts.

This was given after the resurrection when He breathed on them.
But, how does that have any bearing on this topic? Again, Jesus didn't specify a time limit on the need to stay in the vine. Plus, there are all the other scriptures that speak of apostasy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Hebrews 6:4-5
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

This is referring to Jews who had left Judaism and excepted Christ, now they have left Christ and gone back to Judaism. They have committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and have lost their souls.

This is not the same as someone backsliding for a period of in which they can come back to Christ. These Jews decided they will never return to Christ and have openly insulted the Holy Spirit, they are doomed.

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
17 ¶ Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, [that they are] the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end [is] destruction, whose God [is their] belly, and [whose] glory [is] in their shame, who mind earthly things.)...

18 ¶ Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

gospel directives..acts 2v4..2v38..romans 8v9..
Joh 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

Mark16v17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

This is what Jesus said to alert his disciples to real vs religious types..
All..the signs not just one or two .. if you Love him do it !

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does Jesus want us to be constantly worrying about loosing our salvation.

This seems to be an obsession for some.

Maybe it relates to not experiencing the peace that passes all understanding.

My God is not sitting on a cloud giving giving life and snatching it away.

Eternal life, once given, cannot be taken away or it would not have been eternal in the first place.

As for suggesting that those who hold to "believing He saved them and it is done" are destined for destruction - if this is what you meant - I am hearing condemnation not conviction. This is not the voice of the Holy Spirit.

This is what the poster said... "Don't worry, OSAS has many followers. It is already fated. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and MANY enter through it. So I am glad MANY follow the OSAS doctrine."

I think pronouncing condemnation on others is against the rules of CF.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does Jesus want us to be constantly worrying about loosing our salvation.

This seems to be an obsession for some.

Maybe it relates to not experiencing the peace that passes all understanding.

My God is not sitting on a cloud giving giving life and snatching it away.

Eternal life, once given, cannot be taken away or it would not have been eternal in the first place.

As for suggesting that those who hold to "believing He saved them and it is done" are destined for destruction - if this is what you meant - I am hearing condemnation not conviction. This is not the voice of the Holy Spirit.

This is what the poster said... "Don't worry, OSAS has many followers. It is already fated. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and MANY enter through it. So I am glad MANY follow the OSAS doctrine."

I think pronouncing condemnation on others is against the rules of CF.
Not sure if you were referring to my post or not, anyway.

The author of Hebrews is not speaking of God taking away salvation from anyone, he is peaking of those who take it from themselves through unbelief.

It's right there in scripture for all of us to see.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They never had it...

To undo what God has done - you have to be bigger than Him.

New Covenant salvation is permanent because the fear of God within us prevents us from sinning to the point of loosing salvation. Jeremiah made this very clear.

• Winner
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0