Is it okay to date another Christian whose been divorced?

Is it okay to date another Christian whose been divorced?

• Yes

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters

PeterDona

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Denmark
✟348,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Didn't Erasmus use Tyndale's Bible to help write the KJV? Or am I mistaken?
Erasmus - Wikipedia
It seems you are right. He seems to have played part in the Tyndale translation. The article mentions nothing about the 7:15 controversy, but this must be the man.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
We celebrate the birth of the Savior of the world on a day which was in the West originally called "Christ's Mass" and was shortened to Christmas. We also celebrate the Resurrection from the dead of Christ, who by His death conquered death.

Do you not celebrate these days? Do they not mean anything to you at all? If not, then why, seeing that they have to do with the salvation of the world.

I wasn't asking you - I know you do. So do I. I was asking "I'm Sorry"

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Erasmus - Wikipedia
It seems you are right. He seems to have played part in the Tyndale translation. The article mentions nothing about the 7:15 controversy, but this must be the man.
I think Erasmus contributed greatly to the development of ideas and sources that influenced the making of the KJV... however the KJV was translated long after Erasmus was gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I think Erasmus contributed greatly to the development of ideas and sources that influenced the making of the KJV... however the KJV was translated long after Erasmus was gone.

I like reading my Tyndale New Testament to see what survived. It's pretty hard to read because it is in very old English, but at least it's English. LOL

Upvote 0