Is it okay for a christian to drink wine?

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much everyone for taking time to respond. I decided stop drinking wine because I found out I'm allergic. I would get cold symptoms every time and I went to the doctor and I was told that I was allergic to wine. When the doctor told me that I was like glory to God! ☺ No more alcohol for me.
Guess you have to stay away from churches who serve wine for communion.

Never knew there was such an allergy. Also never knew someone would thank God for an allergy....

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alcohol comes in different forms. Wine, beers, spirits etc.

Moderation is the key.

Water was not the healthiest thing to drink in past times.
This really is the truth of it.
To avoid bacterial infections from bad water, some alcoholic wine was mixed in that would kill the nasties.
So, in essence, a much needed substance also came with a stigma about consuming too much.
This the church understands in general, but they fail to see that it can also apply to food and "legal" and/or "moral" drugs like sugar and caffeine.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Angel dude

Feb 6, 2018
Clio
✟8,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I like to drink wine once in a while but I was wondering if it's bad? I don't get drunk but once in a blue moon I like to have wine in the evening.
No it is not bad. Even Martin Luther, father of the Lutheran church said something like. He who drinks is quick to sleep, he who sleeps does not get angry, he who does not get angry enters heaven, therefore let us drink.

Upvote 0