Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it wrong that I support Iran despite my faith, don’t get me wrong here, I don’t agree with Iran’s Islamic policies, but I’m not on the US’s side on this, and I personally was saddened by the death of Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis both men who got rid of Isis in Iraq and Syria and allowed the what was left of the Iraqi Christian community to enter Mosul again. I admire Iran’s culture, it’s language and it’s people greatly, I even considered converting to Shi’a Islam from Sunni Islam during my early days of rejecting my family’s religion and for a while tried following Zoroastrianism. Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis weren't probably nice people, but I’m sure they weren't terrorists, these were two men loved by by their people (or atleast most of their people) and were men responsible for the destruction of Isis in Iraq and Syria, not the US, that’s an unfortunate fact. The US needs to take a hike in my opinion outside of the Middle East, Iran has so far helped us even more then they did.

Last edited:

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I think the people of Iran need support & compassion now more than ever. You have your reasons for being sympathetic to the political side of things. You can recognize that someone is a terrible person who has done terrible things & also recognize that the way Trump handled matters regarding him was unethical.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it wrong that I support Iran despite my faith, don’t get me wrong here, I don’t agree with Iran’s Islamic policies, but I’m not on the US’s side on this, and I personally was saddened by the death of Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis both men who got rid of Isis in Iraq and Syria and allowed the what was left of the Iraqi Christian community to enter Mosul again. I admire Iran’s culture, it’s language and it’s people greatly, I even considered converting to Shi’a Islam from Sunni Islam during my early days of rejecting my family’s religion and for a while tried following Zoroastrianism. Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis weren't probably nice people, but I’m sure they weren't terrorists, these were two men loved by by their people (or atleast most of their people) and were men responsible for the destruction of Isis in Iraq and Syria, not the US, that’s an unfortunate fact. The US needs to take a hike in my opinion outside of the Middle East, Iran has so far helped us even more then they did.
One of the commands from Jesus Christ of Nazareth is to Love one another.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I’m not on the US’s side on this,

the way Trump handled matters regarding him was unethical.
The current crisis started after a rocket attack on an Iraqi airbase in Kirkuk province on 12/27/19. The attack killed an American civilian contractor. Iran denied involvement.

Netanyahu and Salman have been pushing the US into confrontation with Iran for a long time.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

With your background in the Mid-East I can understand your OP.

Being an American I understand that if we stay out of the affairs of the Mid-East, Israel would cease to exist. Isn't that the ultimate goal of the leaders in Iran?

What is that they chant in the streets over there, the little Satan and the big Satan?

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would advise against it, considering Iran dislikes Saudi Arabia in addition to the US. Obviously there is always a bit of nuance to these issues, but Soleimani was still not a good person, nor would he be someone I think the Christians in Iraq could look to long-term for support. As a Shia he probably just wanted Isis gone because it represented an unstable (and Sunni) force that would kill everyone in the Middle East who wasn’t Sunni. Not saying you should side with the US on this, but I think it was a ultimately a good thing that Soleimani was eliminated. The Christians in Iraq deserve a better protector, although I doubt they’ll get one. I don’t like saying that about someone’s death, and I don’t like leaving the fact that most of us Christians are powerless to help our brothers and sisters in the Middle East (because, quite frankly, we in the West didn’t know they existed until Isis) but ultimately I don’t think that this will lead to a US-Iran war. Right now it’s just typical posturing and rhetoric.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure you are no fan of the Mullahs there and not a fan of the Quds Force and the thousands of innocent Muslims, Jews and Christians they have killed.

Other than that I guess like all of us we can support and pray for the people of Iran by hoping the Mullahs and their murderous storm trooper arm the Quds Force completely fail.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear you. I sympathize with Iran, too. Something about Shia culture and beliefs feels similar, in some ways, to Catholic Christian culture. Farsi is a beautiful language. Persia is an amazing region. The Shia have treated Apostolic Christians better than many Sunni, yet they crack down on Evangelicals, and converts from Islam. Still, I hear you.

I think it's ok. We don't have to feel obligated to hate those our leaders may go to war with, in fact we are called to love our neighbors and enemies alike, as @Maria Billingsley said. So, yeah, you're ok.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No it's not wrong to feel the way you do. Everyone is entitled to feel or support anyone they like.

I am against the U.S. in the protracted generational wars in the middle east. I would personally prefer going back to our founding roots of isolationism. It's not like we know what we are doing, and I feel have done more damage than good.

But I do think so long as we are there, by congressional decree, then if we are attacked (and we have spent over a decade being attacked by Iran) then we should respond. I don't think our congress can have it both ways, both be in the middle east and not respond to Iranian aggression.

Due to Suleimani and his forces and operations in Iraq we have lost over 600 military personnel - caused directly by Him and with proof - Congress is critical every single time we (citizens over here) ask to withdraw and won't allow a full withdrawal, but at the same time don't want us to respond when Iranian forces attack us.

They simply can't have it both ways. If we are there we must work to defend ourselves and prevent further loss of life, or we have to leave.

My preference is to leave..

But that's my opinion... yours is slightly different, because loss of American forces mean little to you over there, but my brother served in the U.S. military, and so did my adopted son - He died in Afghanistan while serving in the military there (although my blood son never served because we didn't think it was right as the Iraqi war was just heating up and we didn't feel we could take a chance of him fighting in a conflict we didn't believe was morally right.)

So I do think I see our service men and women as more precious, and think we should act to protect them since our congress wants them there.

But other than that, I probably don't see it very much differently than you. We all have our own opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The current crisis started after a rocket attack on an Iraqi airbase in Kirkuk province on 12/27/19. The attack killed an American civilian contractor. Iran denied involvement.

Netanyahu and Salman have been pushing the US into confrontation with Iran for a long time.

Nope, that was part of the escalation of the crisis. Trump has been pushing for a confrontation with Iran for a long time.

I can understand the OP's POV.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it wrong that I support Iran despite my faith, don’t get me wrong here, I don’t agree with Iran’s Islamic policies, but I’m not on the US’s side on this, and I personally was saddened by the death of Qassem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis both men who got rid of Isis in Iraq and Syria and allowed the what was left of the Iraqi Christian community to enter Mosul again.

I'm so sorry that you are in a difficult position now, which you certainly did not bring upon yourself. I hope you still feel connected to U.S. Christians as brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry that you are in a difficult position now, which you certainly did not bring upon yourself. I hope you still feel connected to U.S. Christians as brothers and sisters in Christ.
I have nothing against Americans, especially not with fellow Christians, but no offense I have no love for the US, and I wouldn’t mind being with all the Iranians you see on the news on the streets saying you know what to America and doing you know what to its flag. The US has done close to nothing for us, they’ve harmed us greatly, and it’s come to a point where I believe they should either leave the Middle East peacefully or forcefully, their presence only further causes more insugency from Islamic jihadists who get funded by the US’s friends in the Gulf whom are pretty much responsible for ruining my life and many other Christians in Syria and Iraq.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m sure you are no fan of the Mullahs there and not a fan of the Quds Force and the thousands of innocent Muslims, Jews and Christians they have killed.

Other than that I guess like all of us we can support and pray for the people of Iran by hoping the Mullahs and their murderous storm trooper arm the Quds Force completely fail.
I wouldn’t pray with a Mullah, but I wouldn’t mind dining with them (if you know what I mean). The Quds Force has never targeted Christians in Syria or Iraq, never heard or seen that happening, from Muslims they only target Sunnis,and when they targets Sunnis they targets Sunni insurgency groups like Isis or Al Nusra or Tahrir Al Sham or anyone of the Sunni militia groups, regular Sunni citizens aren’t targeted, but either way I have very little sympathy for the Sunnis, as they’re the most oppressive and barbaric group in the Middle East that murder Christians and Shiites, so I can understand why the Shiites in Iraq and Syria would want to retaliate for so many years of oppression from the Sunnis, many Christians would want too as well and probably would had they gotten the chance. As for Jews, Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East after Israel who have synagogues, also Iraq and Syria have no more antics Jewish populations, I think Iraq has a few individuals left, but I heard none killed by the Quds Force, the Quds Force targets Israel as a country not Jews as a people or a religion. I pray that the government loosens its Islamic policies which I’m sure it eventually will, but other then it’s Islamic policies which I absolutely detest, I hope Iran is victorious in this conflict and doesn’t loose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would advise against it, considering Iran dislikes Saudi Arabia in addition to the US. Obviously there is always a bit of nuance to these issues, but Soleimani was still not a good person, nor would he be someone I think the Christians in Iraq could look to long-term for support. As a Shia he probably just wanted Isis gone because it represented an unstable (and Sunni) force that would kill everyone in the Middle East who wasn’t Sunni. Not saying you should side with the US on this, but I think it was a ultimately a good thing that Soleimani was eliminated. The Christians in Iraq deserve a better protector, although I doubt they’ll get one. I don’t like saying that about someone’s death, and I don’t like leaving the fact that most of us Christians are powerless to help our brothers and sisters in the Middle East (because, quite frankly, we in the West didn’t know they existed until Isis) but ultimately I don’t think that this will lead to a US-Iran war. Right now it’s just typical posturing and rhetoric.
I did admire Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis as a leaders, so I did take their deaths as some what personal. There was a time when I actually rejected the Shias and though of taking Israel as a protector, I used to tell that to Shias that kept telling me that your only hear because we protect you from Isis, Israel and the US don’t care about you. I used to laugh at that thought, but they were absolutely right. I don’t like relying on heretics for support, but atleast Shi’as are closer doctrinally to us and we have much better social and political relations with them then with the Sunnis. Iran probably applies more Biblical moral then the West does today, if we went from a moral standard, despite being heretics. I think we should start looking to Iran and start throwing the West behind our backs, if most middle eastern Christians though that way then we’d be better off.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I did admire Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis as a leaders, so I did take their deaths as some what personal. There was a time when I actually rejected the Shias and though of taking Israel as a protector, I used to tell that to Shias that kept telling me that your only hear because we protect you from Isis, Israel and the US don’t care about you. I used to laugh at that thought, but they were absolutely right. I don’t like relying on heretics for support, but atleast Shi’as are closer doctrinally to us and we have much better social and political relations with them then with the Sunnis. Iran probably applies more Biblical moral then the West does today, if we went from a moral standard, despite being heretics. I think we should start looking to Iran and start throwing the West behind our backs, if most middle eastern Christians though that way then we’d be better off.
Just because Iran seems less hostile to Christianity doesn’t mean they aren’t. In geopolitical conflicts like this, there usually isn’t a “good” or “bad” side. So I personally don’t think Christians in the region can expect to rely on any leader or regime, since for the most part they aren’t tolerated. Iran imprisons people who try to convert anyone to Christianity, gives forced sex-change operations to homosexuals, and punishes dissident against the government. They certainly aren’t as harsh as Saudi Arabia—they tolerate pre-existing communities of non-Muslims—but Suleimani, like many others in the Middle East, want to exert dominance beyond their borders. None of their ambitions are anywhere near “Biblical morality”. And speaking from personal experience as someone who’s gotten wrapped up in my own country’s politics, it’s never a good idea to rely on any earthly leader. They will always let you down and in some cases betray you to further themselves.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just because Iran seems less hostile to Christianity doesn’t mean they aren’t. In geopolitical conflicts like this, there usually isn’t a “good” or “bad” side. So I personally don’t think Christians in the region can expect to rely on any leader or regime, since for the most part they aren’t tolerated. Iran imprisons people who try to convert anyone to Christianity, gives forced sex-change operations to homosexuals, and punishes dissident against the government. They certainly aren’t as harsh as Saudi Arabia—they tolerate pre-existing communities of non-Muslims—but Suleimani, like many others in the Middle East, want to exert dominance beyond their borders. None of their ambitions are anywhere near “Biblical morality”. And speaking from personal experience as someone who’s gotten wrapped up in my own country’s politics, it’s never a good idea to rely on any earthly leader. They will always let you down and in some cases betray you to further themselves.
I would agree that Iran’s Islamic policies are bad and yes they aren’t exactly a good regime. My view of Iran is just like how Israel viewed Cyrus the Great, they may be heretics and pagans, but atleast God is using them for our betterment. I don’t like their Islamic policies, but so far their foreign interventions have been good for us. Iran to me is the best of the worst, I don’t and won’t rely on it.

Upvote 0