Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Am I being too judgmental, why do I have issues with separated Christians dating and having sex with new girlfriends/boyfriends before their marriages are even dissolved?

I am seeing this more and more here, and it makes me sad every single time. Especially the ones who are SO mad at their exes that they seem to think that the new one is justified, because "she loves me SO MUCH BETTER!" Why are Christians finding it so easy to justify it? Have we lost that much of the love of God's righteousness?

PEOPLE!! It's ADULTERY!! While you are still legally and morally married to someone DON'T HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!! IT doesnt' matter that you're so much happier with this person, or that they're so much more understanding, or that they don't beat or mistreat you, or they do the funky sex with you that your first husband woulnd't, or they give you so much more love. It. Is. Sin.

Yannow what, nevermind the Scriptural issues with it, why not take this time to get your own emotional stability back? Spend some time BY yourself, be single for a while, let your heart heal! Running to a rebound love is NOT going to help you reconcile the hurts your ex caused you. Especially if you have kids! Let your KIDS heal over losing their mother/father first before you shove another one into their heads.

Ugh. Just had to vent.

BeforeTheFoundation

Jan 20, 2008
✟16,297.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so don't get me wrong, I am not at all arguing that this type of action would be alright. But, I have to admit, I don't know anyone that has done this. Perhaps it is just the community in which I live, but I don't think that it is nearly as widespread as you think.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is utterly not where I wanted it. This was not meant to be a debate on the relative virtues or lack thereof of it. Foundation, you're lucky then if you don't know anyone who is living this way. I have three people in my personal circle of friends who are doing/have done this. One in my immediate family. And countless people posting here on CF itself, most notably in the original forum this was meant to be in.

It just makes me so sad that Christians find it so easy to allow their selfish lusts to blind them to God's righteousness.

Reactions: GolfingMom
Upvote 0

GolfingMom

Is gone...
Mar 13, 2006
✟20,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is utterly not where I wanted it. This was not meant to be a debate on the relative virtues or lack thereof of it. Foundation, you're lucky then if you don't know anyone who is living this way. I have three people in my personal circle of friends who are doing/have done this. One in my immediate family. And countless people posting here on CF itself, most notably in the original forum this was meant to be in.

It just makes me so sad that Christians find it so easy to allow their selfish lusts to blind them to God's righteousness.

I agree with the bolded :)

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
million pieces, i admire you for your convictions. This could be a very deep subject. i've often wondered about the drastic change that's happened just in my own lifetime. But we have a clue as to what it was like just 50 years ago. Just look at the tv and compare that to tv 50 years ago.
I think some of the reasons why people "sleep around" are; First of all, they aren't told its SIN. No self discipline, or church discipline. We live in a society that promotes "if it feels good do it". "Just do it". Music is VERY persuasive. People who call theirselves 'pastors' whitewash the gospel. The promotion of abortion is seen as a green light. No proper sex education in school- quite the oposite, they hand out condoms.
DONT GET ME STARTED.
ABORTION IS PREMEDITATED MURDER.
SLEEPING OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE IS SIN. WHERE DO SINNERS GO?
I had to post that before the gov. makes it illegal. lol

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ok, so don't get me wrong, I am not at all arguing that this type of action would be alright. But, I have to admit, I don't know anyone that has done this. Perhaps it is just the community in which I live, but I don't think that it is nearly as widespread as you think.
Do you live in an urban area?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟35,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rural then. Okay, either you're incredibly lucky, sheltered, or maybe just a little naive. Not to be snarky, but you might really be one of the lucky ones to never see it face to face.

Regardless, whatever sin is going on, it's deplorable that it's becoming so easy for Christians to accept these kinds of behaviours. Christian musicians coming out of the closet, divorce and remarriage WITHIN Christian churches, the alarming number of young Christian girls having babies and/or abortions. Rob, Brother, I think you've hit on the very clear reasons for much of the decline of morality we used to hold so dearly.

Upvote 0

dayknee

Mar 13, 2007
Indiana
✟16,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I, for one and glad you posted this. Im sad that it got moved to. I wouldnt have as much impact here maybe, as where it was intended to be.

I had to complain about the person on CF, sadly becuase of his overly flaunting of his adultery and his disregard for doing things God's way, becuase he tried that and it didnt work. It could have been a great discussion.

But in either case. I know people struggle with this. I know people have been hurt in the past and are feeling like they are owed. this..Take it from me..it is NOT WORTH THE PAIN YOU CAUSE YOURSELF INSIDE. IT IS NOT WORTH THE CONSTANT NAGGING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE IN SIN AND YOU ARE WRONG!!
For those you are saved..this will happen in these types of situations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
million pieces, i admire you for your convictions. This could be a very deep subject. i've often wondered about the drastic change that's happened just in my own lifetime. But we have a clue as to what it was like just 50 years ago. Just look at the tv and compare that to tv 50 years ago.
I think some of the reasons why people "sleep around" are; First of all, they aren't told its SIN. No self discipline, or church discipline. We live in a society that promotes "if it feels good do it". "Just do it". Music is VERY persuasive. People who call theirselves 'pastors' whitewash the gospel. The promotion of abortion is seen as a green light. No proper sex education in school- quite the oposite, they hand out condoms.
DONT GET ME STARTED.
ABORTION IS PREMEDITATED MURDER.
SLEEPING OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE IS SIN. WHERE DO SINNERS GO?
I had to post that before the gov. makes it illegal. lol

I would like to know where Sinners go since I was under the impression that a sinner like me was going to the arms of God when she died.

Your statement encompasses the ENTIRE human race, including Christians since we are all sinners, and we all sin, every day, continually in our thoughts, words and deeds.

It's also crucial that people understand that Abortion, Promiscuity, and (insert favorite vice here) are not the worst sins (if there is such a thing as a worse sin. A stain is a stain whether it's washable paint or grease).

I believe that God jumped down Israels throat (and any other nations throat for that matter) for injustices committed towards other people, and because they were unfaithful to GOD.

I saw this so many times in my fundamental Bible believing community church while I was growing up. A young girl got pregnant outside of marriage, and wanted to get married. The pastor refused to marry her because she had sex outside of marriage (even though she wanted to do the right thing). The same man allowed gossip to run rampant in the congregation about anyone and everybody. I'm sorry but Gossip ruins more lives than an unplanned teen pregnancy, and because of that church's inability to confront the real issues they began to founder, and fail.

I'm sorry, but I believe the degregation of the church that we're seeing are symptoms of a much deeper issue. It's too obvious if I say sin, no I believe the sin committed by the church is simple inability to Love without condemnation. It's been happening since the Victorian era, perhaps earlier. We are not called to condemn others, and are called to call a person on their sin ONLY if we see a sibling in Christ sinning, and ONLY after we've examined ourselves, and there are measures to be taken so that sort of thing is done properly with as little pain on both parties sides.

If maintaining a relationship with a person in sin wasn't important then Jesus would've said "Go for the throat when confronting your brother the first time around". Unbiblical judgement, and condemnation is just as much a sin as the sin such a one is trying to stop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Then of course you're not going to see it happening. I've only even heard of it happening near large cities and rarely ever in small communities.
See and since I've moved to the city I've seen less of it, and I grew up in the country in a small church of about 50 people or less.

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
See and since I've moved to the city I've seen less of it, and I grew up in the country in a small church of about 50 people or less.
Yes, because the word of two people negates the observations of many.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Church predicted this would happen with the advent of modernism and social liberalism.

Now we have people who say re-marriage isn't a sin, homosexuality is a gift from God, 2 men or women can get married, motherhood is a curse, and the murder of the unborn is a human right. What you talk about is an after-effect of all these heresies that have come into play. It began all the way 2000 years ago beginning with Gnosticism and it continues on till this day(and probably till the end when the Day of Judgment comes)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.