Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Again, no substance. Where's the beef? (a chip on your shoulder)?
Don't flame. Stick to facts. You're warned. The substance is the OP and the subjects follow up that gays and abortion caused Australian bushfires. That's concrete

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Don't flame. Stick to facts. You're warned. The substance is the OP and the subjects follow up that gays and abortion caused Australian bushfires. That's concrete
You are the one in the last few posts that seemed to be stirring up things awkwardly.

I have no idea at this point if the OP or the subjects that followed stated anything as you now claim.
You would have to quote what you are referring to,
and yes, you might be right - you just did not show it in your posts yet , that I have seen.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are the one in the last few posts that seemed to be stirring up things awkwardly.

I have no idea at this point if the OP or the subjects that followed stated anything as you now claim.
You would have to quote what you are referring to,
and yes, you might be right - you just did not show it in your posts yet , that I have seen.
Yes I did show it and posted links

I suggest you read the OP and watch the video posted on the follow up statement he made. If you want further information Im sure you can google. That you claim not to know the facts makes me wonder why you post if you are in ignorance of the issues as you claim. Google Israel Folau and Australian Bushfires.... Read.... Then try posting

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

I suggest you read the OP and watch the video posted on the follow up statement he made. If you want further information Im sure you can google. That you claim not to know the facts makes me wonder why you post if you are in ignorance of the issues as you claim. Google Israel Folau and Australian Bushfires.... Read.... Then try posting
Mostly I was answering your questions. That you asked.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Mostly I was answering your questions. That you asked.
It's always useful to know the context of posts within a thread. Just try googling Jeff. There's lots on this fellow and then you'll understand better the nature of the controversy

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

I searched enough to see that it does not look like what you claimed - I thought you said someone said that gays or other sinners had started/ caused the fires ... I don't see that in any reference, including the OP.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I searched enough to see that it does not look like what you claimed - I thought you said someone said that gays or other sinners had started/ caused the fires ... I don't see that in any reference, including the OP.
The OP was a previous issue with Israel Folau. Jeff... Just google as I suggested so you understand the context of this thread that you've been posting to.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The OP was a previous issue with Israel Folau. Jeff... Just google as I suggested so you understand the context of this thread that you've been posting to.
It appears you don't like the exposure of idolatry and other sin , is that the problem ?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jeff, as I said before. Don't flame and stay on track. If you have no idea of the context under discussion, then make an effort to find out. Post 820 has a link but you could just have easily googled.

But to answer your question, the reason why he was sacked was because he chose to say what he said in a public forum while under a sporting contract.

We are now talking about the publication of his sermon that gays and women who had an abortion, were the cause of Australian bush fires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As in the NT, no society has a say so in what the men of Yahweh speak, preach, or practice, when Yahweh directs the men .....Remember: "We must obey Yahweh, rather than man", when it comes to a choice of the two.

That passage is not apposed to local government,
but rather opposed to religious intervention.
Thanks for bringing it up again!

Exodus 22:28
“You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

1 Peter 2:13-17
2 Peter 2 - 10 and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. Bold and willful, they do not tremble as they blaspheme the glorious ones
Titus 3
1 Timothy 2
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21
Romans 13:7
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1
Romans 13
Proverbs 21
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28
Daniel 2:21
John 19:10-11
Jude 1:8
Colossians 1:15-17
Ecclesiastes 10:20
Acts 8:32
Acts 5 - 28“We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name,” he said. “Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us responsible for this man’s blood.” 29 But Peter and the other apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than men. (Church leaders)
Acts 23:5
Matthew 10:38

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm picking up on @yeshuaslavejeff comment that it is the Christian belief (or his at least) that the Sins of the World have caused the bush fires (or presumably any disaster).

I'd like to explore that a little. (lets please take it away from Folau's targets as I don't want to turn this into yet another CF Gay -Bashing or attack on women who chose to abort.)

If the sins of a particular cohort result in disasters that befall our world, why are those disasters indiscriminate. Why do they kill or harm those who are good or pious in God's eye. Those brushfires did not discriminate whose house they destroyed or who they killed. It didn't question religion or moral conviction. Why would some Christians believe that the sins of one cohort will be visited upon everyone. And if you do believe that, then which cohort would we know was the causative agent.... how can we single out the culprit cohort. Because if we can't, isn't that just scapegoating?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm picking up on @yeshuaslavejeff comment that it is the Christian belief (or his at least) that the Sin of the World has caused the bush fires (or presumably and disaster).

I'd like to explore that a little. (lets please take it away from Folau's targets as I don't want to turn this into yet another CF Gay -Bashing or attack on women who chose to abort.)

If the sins of a particular cohort result in disasters that befall our world, why are those disasters indiscriminate. Why do they kill or harm those who are good or pious in God's eye. Those brushfires did not discriminate whose house they destroyed or who they killed. It didn't question religion or moral conviction. Why would some Christians believe that the sins of one cohort will be visited upon everyone. And if you do believe that, then which cohort would we know was the causative agent.... how can we single out the culprit cohort. Because if we can't, isn't that just scapegoating?
Cool, and Gracious!? It is difficult here, (not your posts), because other(s) who are not convinced of the truth of God's Word, rather they oppose Jesus and God's Word every time , every day, and there's no way to silence them (ignore works, but still their posts mislead along with others knowingly or unknowingly) ... so Yahweh Willing, I'll 'try' to start a thread in the Anabaptist section (not that likewise here, or in any other section this cannot be done also), and continue there , hopefully with less distraction of and from the ones who do not believe Scripture is truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm picking up on @yeshuaslavejeff comment that it is the Christian belief (or his at least) that the Sin of the World has caused the bush fires (or presumably and disaster).

It's called Original Sin and it's common to western Christianity. Adam's sin was passed on or imputed to all human beings, all are guilty and deserve punishment. In this case, sin isn't merely a moral wrong but represents an inner depravity that rebels against what is good.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If Israel Folau is not a Christian according to the standards of CF, then it's unrealistic to expect the Christian community here to speak for him.
Israel and his community hold very strongly to Christian beliefs. When his contract was cancelled, it was the Christian community who gifted him 14 million dollars to fight his sacking.

I am not arguing his Christian credentials, merely his statements that vilify other cohorts.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's called Original Sin and it's common to western Christianity. Adam's sin was passed on or imputed to all human beings, all are guilty and deserve punishment. In this case, sin isn't merely a moral wrong but represents an inner depravity that rebels against what is good.
So - is your stance that the sin of Adam falls onto the shoulders of everyone, and consequently is causing the bushfires?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,166.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Israel and his community hold very strongly to Christian beliefs.

Actually, they don't. They deny the Trinity.

Their stance on this issue might be a convenient moment of common cause with other conservative groups, but they are not orthodox Christians.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Actually, they don't. They deny the Trinity.

Their stance on this issue might be a convenient moment of common cause with other conservative groups, but they are not orthodox Christians.
I don't have the knowledge level to argue - I can only state that he and his community declare themselves as Christian (indeed he and his father are pastors of their church), and that the Christian lobby supported him in his unlawful dismissal claim.

Upvote 0