• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Is it a sin for a single Christian to have sexual dreams?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by frenchbread101, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+1,207
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Why would making love to someone you are married to, be evil or dirty?

Ready the book Song of Solomon. Some of that book is clearly dream like. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Find your husband, and get married, and make love. Nothing wrong with this.

Read Song of Solomon. Sex is not evil, bad, or dirty. It's a good thing. You realize who made our bodies right? It wasn't the Devil, it was G-d. Pretty sure G-d didn't get drunk when he added the final touches, and was shocked at what happened....

"Oh myself! How did that get there on him? What are those things on her?"

Pretty sure that didn't happen..... could be wrong... could be.... doubt it.

<3

2. Divide

Divide Well-Known Member

+751
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What color was his hair? Blond, brunette, or red head?

3. SolomonVII

SolomonVII Well-Known Member

+4,705
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Marriage is a sacrament from God. God has made the marriage bed clean and pure

Acts10:15
    The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

In that verse God helps Peter in his struggle to accept Gentiles, and Gentile dietary concerns, as being godly. Like you (in terms of sexual love, that is), he was of the belief that engaging with the Gentiles, especially at their tables, was dirty stuff.

It is apparent in this verse that God thirsts for you. He is encouraging you to venture forth and to live your life more fully that you are now.

Through the redemption of Jesus, God has created a new heaven and a new earth, and in this new earth, the marriage bed is sacramental. It is a sacred place too.

4. Valor&virtue

Valor&virtue New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Sir, be careful of what you are telling this young lady. It is absolutely NOT okay to indulge in sexual fantasies. Especially if we are unmarried and not thinking about our spouse. To even look on someone and think lustlful thoughts is to commit adultery in your heart.

5. Valor&virtue

Valor&virtue New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I’m dealing with the same thing chronically. Dreaming I was having sex with my “husband”. It even told me we were married. Sex dreams aren’t from God. They aren’t always a cause for concern but sometime they are. There are certain spirits called Imcubus and succumbus who believe they are married to you. Not saying that this is a spirit but be vigilant to the devices of satan

6. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,478
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Those dreams come from our own hormonal desires and are completely organic. Just like dreaming of eating your favorite meal when you are hungry.

Read Song of Solomon chapter 5 verses 2-5. And wade thru the poetic imagery to get to the actual story. Shulamite was having either a sexual dream or fantasy of what was going on in a previous chapter:

Song of Solomon 2:6 (NET)
    His left hand caresses my head, and his right hand stimulates me.

BTW, she is called "undefiled" in the chapter 5 section.

ETA: the supposed sex demons incubus (male) and succubus (female) are from pagan mythology and have nothing to do with Christianity. Being concerned about them is the same as being scared of the boogy man.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. Valor&virtue

Valor&virtue New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It’s important to remember they have been wed or are to be wed. And dreams cannot be controlled anyhow. That’s not what I’m speaking of. But DAYTIME waking fantasies should never be indulged, especially if they aren’t about your spouse. Be careful not to lead someone to sin. You told her that the hunger for food and sex are really the same thing and the Bible quotes the exact opposite. 1 Corinthians 6:13. Be careful and vigilant to tell someone biblical truth. Not opinions.

8. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,478
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    V&V, welcome to the forums. (just realized these were your first 2 posts)

Please give us a brief intro to yourself in the "Introduce yourself" folder.

9. Valor&virtue

Valor&virtue New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you for welcoming me