Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorta. You are probably not thinking of hillbillies, whose subsistence needs are often out-of-season. I have taken a deer out of season, a month out in the deep woods... A guy's gotta eat.
You choose to do it out of season they feed you while incarcerated, you know?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
yes -
the deer now know where to go to be safe -
way too many deer
because we have few to no natural prodadors to keep the population down. There IS a deer season . There ARE limits choose to go above them you can lose your right to hunt for life.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a hunter I believe it's moral so long as the laws are followed. Hunting is an important piece of conservation because it provides great incentive to keep animals and their habitat wild and pristine.

"Trophy" hunting has gotten a bad wrap as of yet. But think of it like this, a trophy hunter is one holding out for a larger, mature animal and passing up shots at younger, immature animals. That old guy is often the wariest and hardest to get (he didn't get to be old and mature by being a dummy). He's often past his breeding age too. In the wild there's no retirement home for old animals, they usually either subcomb to predation (i.e. are eaten alive by wolves, mountain lions etc) or starve to death as their teeth wear out.

Hunting, regardless of the motivation, provides billions of dollars for conservation, money to the economies of rural areas and sustainable conservation of game species.
Well, and it also depends I have no problem with people who hang deer heads on the wall IF they also ate the meat, but hunting for the heck or joy of hunting is something that just should not happen.

• Agree
Reactions: angela4God
Upvote 0

victorinus

catholic
May 15, 2016
usa
✟42,422.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
because we have few to no natural prodadors to keep the population down. There IS a deer season . There ARE limits choose to go above them you can lose your right to hunt for life.
the automobile is now the natural predator for deer -
just take a road trip in wisconsin and count the dead ones

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
the automobile is now the natural predator for deer -
just take a road trip in wisconsin and count the dead ones
That is not natural, moreover that can injure and even kill the humans in the car.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
thanks for making my point -
they are trying to get to illinois where they know they will be safe
I doubt that deer have any concept of gun laws.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟84,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of any passage in the Bible that forbids hunting for Christians today. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

That means it is an adiaphoron. If you feel it is wrong, than you should not hunt. If you feel it is right, then you can hunt. If you choose one side or the other, and you have a brother in Christ who is of a view that is opposing yours, you should not do it, so as to not cause a stumbling block for your brother, where you may have no problem with it.

God made man to be stewards of the earth. In my opinion, if you are shooting animal for food, then that is ok. If you are shooting an animal for the fun of it, then I don't see that as a wise thing to do. If you are doing it to help control the population of the given animal, I don't have a problem with it (I may not get involved in doing that, but it is your choice to do so). If you are doing it out of cruelty, I don't understand that at all, and it is perhaps foolish. All that being said, these here are simply my opinion, and is not a moral law of God.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
have you ever heard of lyme disease?
deer are not so cute once you know about that
Deer are animals they understand nothing of disease NOR hunting laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know of any passage in the Bible that forbids hunting for Christians today. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

That means it is an adiaphoron. If you feel it is wrong, than you should not hunt. If you feel it is right, then you can hunt. If you choose one side or the other, and you have a brother in Christ who is of a view that is opposing yours, you should not do it, so as to not cause a stumbling block for your brother, where you may have no problem with it.

God made man to be stewards of the earth. In my opinion, if you are shooting animal for food, then that is ok. If you are shooting an animal for the fun of it, then I don't see that as a wise thing to do. If you are doing it to help control the population of the given animal, I don't have a problem with it (I may not get involved in doing that, but it is your choice to do so). If you are doing it out of cruelty, I don't understand that at all, and it is perhaps foolish. All that being said, these here are simply my opinion, and is not a moral law of God.
I would not say you should not do it.Maybe not offer to take him with you or do not talk about hunting around him, but there is nothing wrong with doing it just because someone else opposes it. Just like drinking, I drink VERY rarely, however, I would not drink around my Uncle R. who I know has a history of drinking problems.

Upvote 0

angela4God

Child of God
Nov 13, 2014
USA
✟19,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to participate in the survey, but my outlook doesn't solely fit into any of the choices. So I'm posting...

My outlook: As far as I know, and imho, we are to eat animals. Therefore, hunting is fine, as long as it's not an endangered species and it's utilized... eaten and used, as is intended for us to do.

Just because my chicken comes in plastic wrap, lined up in a nice cooler at the supermarket, it's still a killed/slaughtered, if not a specifically hunted animal. In the same way some people, especially people in Alaska hunt... they love to eat caribou. Hopefully the other parts of the chicken that I buy, are used. As those people who hunt their animals use all parts of them.

Vegetarians would probably not agree with me, so I guess with them I'll have to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wanted to participate in the survey, but my outlook doesn't solely fit into any of the choices. So I'm posting...

My outlook: As far as I know, and imho, we are to eat animals. Therefore, hunting is fine, as long as it's not an endangered species and it's utilized... eaten and used, as is intended for us to do.

Just because my chicken comes in plastic wrap, lined up in a nice cooler at the supermarket, it's still a killed/slaughtered, if not a specifically hunted animal. In the same way some people, especially people in Alaska hunt... they love to eat caribou. Hopefully the other parts of the chicken that I buy, are used. As those people who hunt their animals use all parts of them.

Vegetarians would probably not agree with me, so I guess with them I'll have to agree to disagree.
Well, it depends on the vegetarian and why they choose to not eat meat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angela4God

Child of God
Nov 13, 2014
USA
✟19,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it depends on the vegetarian and why they choose to not eat meat.

Hi dogs4thewin.

Nice to chat with another dog lover :)

Are you saying that some vegetarians would agree with me? Or... ?

I don't understand what you mean. Please explain.

Upvote 0

angela4God

Child of God
Nov 13, 2014
USA
✟19,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got 99 problems, but hunting (and whether it's moral or not) ain't one.

You're funny... lol. Thanks for making me laugh. :)

Gorgeous dog!!! And smart too, you can tell. It's my favorite breed. Is that your dog?

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're funny... lol. Thanks for making me laugh. :)

Gorgeous dog!!! And smart too, you can tell. It's my favorite breed. Is that your dog?

I'm protecting my dog's privacy (lol), so this isn't her, but she did look like this as a puppy. Shepherds are my favorite breed too, so loyal!

• Haha
Reactions: angela4God
Upvote 0