Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” ~ Genesis 1:26

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” ~ Genesis 1:26
but He also expects us to be responsiable with that.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I'm always baffled by those who decry the hunting of animals and then in the same breath defend abortion. (Not referring to anyone here; just an observation.)
I´m always baffled by those who are determined to make each and every thread - no matter what the topic - an abortion thread, if possible already on the first page.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I´m always baffled by those who are determined to make each and every thread - no matter what the topic - an abortion thread, if possible already on the first page.
I myself have actually not participated much at all in the various abortion threads. What I posted has been my thoughts for 30-odd years; and I think it's true.

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As long as you obey the law you are fine. If you do not, then you need to be incarcerated.

Sorta. You are probably not thinking of hillbillies, whose subsistence needs are often out-of-season. I have taken a deer out of season, a month out in the deep woods... A guy's gotta eat.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm with Farmer McGregor.
peter-rabbit-mr-mcgregor.jpg

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorta. You are probably not thinking of hillbillies, whose subsistence needs are often out-of-season. I have taken a deer out of season, a month out in the deep woods... A guy's gotta eat.
The trouble is, townie politicians full of political ideology who just don't get what it is like to live in country areas.

Take France, for example, which has been spouting political ideology for centuries. It's politicians have made wolves a protected species, so if a mountain shepherd tries to protect his or her sheep by shooting the wolf, the politicians go after the shepherd, not the predator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As a hunter I believe it's moral so long as the laws are followed. Hunting is an important piece of conservation because it provides great incentive to keep animals and their habitat wild and pristine.

"Trophy" hunting has gotten a bad wrap as of yet. But think of it like this, a trophy hunter is one holding out for a larger, mature animal and passing up shots at younger, immature animals. That old guy is often the wariest and hardest to get (he didn't get to be old and mature by being a dummy). He's often past his breeding age too. In the wild there's no retirement home for old animals, they usually either subcomb to predation (i.e. are eaten alive by wolves, mountain lions etc) or starve to death as their teeth wear out.

Hunting, regardless of the motivation, provides billions of dollars for conservation, money to the economies of rural areas and sustainable conservation of game species.

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The trouble is, townie politicians full of political ideology who just don't get what it is like to live in country areas.

I think it quite reasonable to take game with aboriginal tools according to need - Common moral exceptions applying (don't take a doe with a fawn as an instance). no firearms out of season, no factory made bows or arrows... All that only in season...

Try to pack in a month's worth of food. Two weeks, maybe, but you'll be foraging after that. And the fish ain't always biting. Pretty silly to be eating packrats when there's deer, grouse, turkeys...

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's neither moral nor immoral.

Whether it be hunting for your meat or farming it for yourself or others, it's just what we have to do if we want to eat meant. I enjoyed the hunt/the accomplishment, and the eating when I did hunt years ago, but didn't enjoy the killing by any means.

Of course it is legal by both secular and biblical standards, and there are certainly some, as mentioned, that will call it immoral. I can at least understand how some can call it immoral, but moral?...no, it's just not a matter of that.

Upvote 0