Not open for further replies.

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the case of this thread, the original poster doesn't actually believe it is a sin, so his comments stirred the conversation in that direction. He started off wanting to know people's views on whether or not it's a choice, and then used it as a spring board to promote his view that what's written in the bible about homosexuality was only relevant during the time it was written. Sort of a bait and switch if you ask me.

you are just as guilty as the poster of the thread. he doesnt believe homo is a sin.

you on the other hand , keep twisting God words to justify unloving treatment of gays.

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, you are mistaken. The argument here is "Is Homosexuality a choice" per the OP of the topic. A few of you have come in to try to deflect from the topic by blaming the church, or the christian for the sin of the world. To accuse us, to falsely accuse us. To try to twist the situation around to appear that because we agree with the judgments of God as written in His word that somehow that makes us hypocrites or whatever.

I've just been saved long enough that I don't buy it. I know who I am in Christ, I know what He did for me. I know my worth based on the word of God and I don't even allow other Christians to tear me down or make me doubt who I am in Christ. He redeemed me by his very own blood. He set my feet upon the rock to eternity. I'm saved by grace, and a joint heir with Him for the Kingdom of God.

A few accusations by people in a discussion forum who don't know me, don't know where I came from, what I was delivered from, or where I am headed isn't going to change that.

And what you think of me, won't change what the world of God says about the topic of this discussion. Homosexuality is a choice, to sin or not sin is a choice, and when you reject the word of God and choose sin, you choose to bring the judgment of God on yourself for eternity.

For the people of God to speak this is only to agree with the judgment of God. No mor no less. We line ourselves up with God and what He says as truth. You judge us for that. So be it. I'm sure God is not shocked.

well, you know, i just showed your and the other woman post to one of my gay friend. he would like to let you know whether or not he is going to hell is HIS business and strictly between God and HIM. He would like me to let you know that he think you need to start to mind your own business from now on.

he is not rejecting the possiblity of receiving gospel for ever.

but he does not want to hear from you or the other woman.

if he does end up in hell, then HE will be the one live the consequences\

hence agian he want me to let you know you need to mind your own business.

he's the one going to be punished by God. NOT YOU

Upvote 0

martyglo

Apr 17, 2012
✟15,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you are just as guilty as the poster of the thread. he doesnt believe homo is a sin.

you on the other hand , keep twisting God words to justify unloving treatment of gays.

No that is just one of the false accusations you continue to use to deflect from the topic.

She has proven time and time again that to show anyone, homosexual or otherwise their sin is to love them. Jesus used and spoke both of love and judgment to accomplish this. She agrees with the judgment of God. Not once have I seen her say that anyone should be mean to Gays or beat them up, or to do anything more than tell them the truth by the word of God.

That is not unloving. You want us to embrace the homsexual choice as not sin or to somehow find a way to tell them they won't go to hell for rejecting God's truth. And when we won't, then you falsely accuse us of being unloving.

But, you don't seem to have love for God's people in any of this. You have love for the sinner, in doing so, you believe you can't love the child of God also. Like you have to choose.

I've watched you over and over in this thread falsely accuse my sister of this "unloving" you speak of because she agrees with God's word. You are wrong. She can be firm and strong in faith and still be loving. I'm sorry you don't get that, or don't know anyone who is that way. But, I know many many Christians who love and who tell the truth.

Upvote 0

martyglo

Apr 17, 2012
✟15,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well, you know, i just showed your and the other woman post to one of my gay friend. he would like to let you know whether or not he is going to hell is HIS business and strictly between God and HIM. He would like me to let you know that he think you need to start to mind your own business from now on.

he is not rejecting the possiblity of receiving gospel for ever.

but he does not want to hear from you or the other woman.

if he does end up in hell, then HE will be the one live the consequences\

hence agian he want me to let you know you need to mind your own business.

he's the one going to be punished by God. NOT YOU

Tell him I am really sorry that he has a friend (you) who does not understand what a discussion forum is for. Tell him that it's really sad he was mislead by you when you misinterpreted what was said here. Tell him I truely apologize that his friend pulled him into a discussion he didn't ask to be in and used it to stir anger and discontent in his heart towards people he doens't know.

As for me minding my own business... I am minding my own business and I was minding my own businees. You took the comments here to him. I did not. I will not betray my God to appease a trouble maker who takes what is said on a Christian forum to use against the posters to start trouble. God word is true and I will continue to speak it when I know God would have me to.

Tell him he probably never would have heard from me or the other woman had his friend done the right thing and left the discussion in the discussion forum like an adult. And tell him if he doesn't want to know what we say, he should tell you, his friend, to stop bringing the discussion he is not in to him and stirring up trouble.

Tell your friend, if he really cared about you, He'd tell you to grow up. How old are you anyway? How old in the LORD are you? I've been saved for 30 years, I've raised 7 kids who are all raised now, and I would have spanked their fanny's for doing what you are doing. It's shameful. You need to repent of your distain for the body of Christ, and your stirring trouble up between people who do not know one another, your gossip, and your childish behaviors. I won't speak to you or what you say again. You cannot be trusted, you came here to stir up discontent. It's a sin what you are doing.

But, surely tell him the truth, that if he continues to rejects God call to repentance as he is doing. Knowing by his own statements that God will judge him, and punish him, not me. But, it will happen. He plainly said he is not rejecting the possibility of the gospel forever... just for now for his sin. (So he does know the truth) But, should the Lord return tonight... Then what good have you done your friend. I have done nothing to him, infact, you took the truth I spoke to him, and I thank you for that. I know God would not have me to shirk back in trying to help others see the need for repentance. Yes, he is correct, should he continue to reject God, God will indeed punish him. But, it will be because he chose it, not because God wanted to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

martyglo

Apr 17, 2012
✟15,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In light of what Grace 51 has done by taking this conversation to someone not involved who plainly rejects the Gospel of truth, and then comes back to tell us what he has to say to us about it. I submit to my brothers and sisters in Christ...

Proverbs 6:6-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Romans 16:17-18
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

James 4:11

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

Proverbs 17:9
Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.

Proverbs 6:19
A false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tell him I am really sorry that he has a friend (you) who does not understand what a discussion forum is for. Tell him that it's really sad he was mislead by you when you misinterpreted what was said here. Tell him I truely apologize that his friend pulled him into a discussion he didn't ask to be in and used it to stir anger and discontent in his heart towards people he doens't know.

As for me minding my own business... I am minding my own business and I was minding my own businees. You took the comments here to him. I did not. I will not betray my God to appease a trouble maker who takes what is said on a Christian forum to use against the posters to start trouble. God word is true and I will continue to speak it when I know God would have me to.

Tell him he probably never would have heard from me or the other woman had his friend done the right thing and left the discussion in the discussion forum like an adult. And tell him if he doesn't want to know what we say, he should tell you, his friend, to stop bringing the discussion he is not in to him and stirring up trouble.

Tell your friend, if he really cared about you, He'd tell you to grow up. How old are you anyway? How old in the LORD are you? I've been saved for 30 years, I've raised 7 kids who are all raised now, and I would have spanked their fanny's for doing what you are doing. It's shameful. You need to repent of your distain for the body of Christ, and your stirring trouble up between people who do not know one another, your gossip, and your childish behaviors. I won't speak to you or what you say again. You cannot be trusted, you came here to stir up discontent. It's a sin what you are doing.

But, surely tell him the truth, that if he continues to rejects God call to repentance as he is doing. Knowing by his own statements that God will judge him, and punish him, not me. But, it will happen. He plainly said he is not rejecting the possibility of the gospel forever... just for now for his sin. (So he does know the truth) But, should the Lord return tonight... Then what good have you done your friend. I have done nothing to him, infact, you took the truth I spoke to him, and I thank you for that. I know God would not have me to shirk back in trying to help others see the need for repentance. Yes, he is correct, should he continue to reject God, God will indeed punish him. But, it will be because he chose it, not because God wanted to.

again, i just showed my friend your post just now

he tell you the same thing.

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. if he go to hell tonight, that is HIM going to hell.

he does not need to hear anything from someone like you who insist that being loving while you are sharing God truth is wrong

in fact it is you who keep twisting my words. i have said thousands of times i think homo lifestyle is a sin and i tell them that too.

but i do so lovingly. in a christlike manner.

you know you cant argue with me on that one. so you keep twisting my word my false accuse me of trying to tell you and the other women not to say it is a sin.

where i have never said that. all i said was you need to do it lovingly and with the other person best interest at heart.

you just stated again there is nothing wrong with stating the truth in ( just) itself.

but what i am keep advocating is to tell them truth in love, not in a judgemental manner that make them want to turn away from the Lord because His followers are behaving like bunch of self righteous pharisees.

again you consistently twist my words by saying me saying loving = i do not tell them truth or i do not agree with God words. i said neither. i just said there is a season for everything. and i only tell them truth in order for their salvation only. hence i always think about how i deliver it to best achieve that.

bottom line, you and the other woman just want to use God truth as excuse to point fingers at them that is why you consistently twist my words to take away your resp of being kind and loving to them at the same time

also to take away your resp of spreading the false idea that gay + pado

a human being that judge others in hate is already really wrong. but the fact you do not have the guts to admit it, but rather hide behind God words, just shows what kind of coward you are.

as for a human being who insist on the false notion someone = pado and consistently refuse to apologise or even have the guts to tackle to counter assertion that there are many evidences out there point to contrary.

i said it once and i will say it again. that is DESPICABLE.

as for a woman who is a mother, but do not have any consideration for the fact gay are someone elses child and insisting on hurthing others children.

well, what can say?.....

you may been christian for 30 years. but your judemental self righteous attitude clearly shows that not only you are not loving, you are a hateful person for keep using ways to justify non loving and slander of others your fruits clearly shows you do not know what love is.

if fact, someone like you is not worthy to tie the shoe laces for one of my gay friends. they may not be christian. but they are FAR more decent human beings than you EVER WILL BE.

i thank God everyday i am not hateful like you.

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In light of what Grace 51 has done by taking this conversation to someone not involved who plainly rejects the Gospel of truth, and then comes back to tell us what he has to say to us about it. I submit to my brothers and sisters in Christ...

Proverbs 6:6-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Romans 16:17-18
I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.

James 4:11

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

Proverbs 17:9
Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.

Proverbs 6:19
A false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers

Appeal all you want. i have consistently said that i agree with gay lifestyle is a sin

but we need to spread gospel with their slavation in mind and we need to spread gospel lovingly.

most REAL christians would agree with me

i am not the one who is spreading dissention

you just want to falsely accuse me of them while twisting my words at every turn.

it is you who are spread false gospel of juddgment and hate. + your buddy the notion on this thread that gay + pado.

and i have and will always stand up to people like you.

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No that is just one of the false accusations you continue to use to deflect from the topic.

She has proven time and time again that to show anyone, homosexual or otherwise their sin is to love them. Jesus used and spoke both of love and judgment to accomplish this. She agrees with the judgment of God. Not once have I seen her say that anyone should be mean to Gays or beat them up, or to do anything more than tell them the truth by the word of God.

That is not unloving. You want us to embrace the homsexual choice as not sin or to somehow find a way to tell them they won't go to hell for rejecting God's truth. And when we won't, then you falsely accuse us of being unloving.

But, you don't seem to have love for God's people in any of this. You have love for the sinner, in doing so, you believe you can't love the child of God also. Like you have to choose.

I've watched you over and over in this thread falsely accuse my sister of this "unloving" you speak of because she agrees with God's word. You are wrong. She can be firm and strong in faith and still be loving. I'm sorry you don't get that, or don't know anyone who is that way. But, I know many many Christians who love and who tell the truth.

i have consistently said i tell them they will go to hell for that. but i do so with wisdom with sole goal of having them turn to christ in mind

that other woman may claim that we should treat them lovingly

but she is also the one who insist gay = pado.

despite i have reminded her tons of times it is a serious accusation and there are evidence to the contrary.

to this date, i have yet to see her or YOU address that head on. or even apologise and repent for them

the behaviours you have shown are anything but loving.

Upvote 0

martyglo

Apr 17, 2012
✟15,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your friend does not want to know what I have to say, stop showing him. It's just that simple. I am not going to stop posting, and it's not up to you to tell me to. I've minded my own business, I have not put forth my words into his business, you did that. I came on a posting forum and posted. You are the busy body who is taking comments back and forth.

It seems to me that if you are doing what you know is right concerning homosexual people, then that should be enough for you. Rather you should mind your own business and leave the rest of us alone.

Why don't you try that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
In the case of this thread, the original poster doesn't actually believe it is a sin, so his comments stirred the conversation in that direction. He started off wanting to know people's views on whether or not it's a choice, and then used it as a spring board to promote his view that what's written in the bible about homosexuality was only relevant during the time it was written. Sort of a bait and switch if you ask me.

Ah I see. The all my friends are jumping off the bridge! excuse. Pure humour.

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2011
✟15,492.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i have consistently said i tell them they will go to hell for that. but i do so with wisdom with sole goal of having them turn to christ in mind

that other woman may claim that we should treat them lovingly

but she is also the one who insist gay = pado.

despite i have reminded her tons of times it is a serious accusation and there are evidence to the contrary.

to this date, i have yet to see her or YOU address that head on. or even apologise and repent for them

the behaviours you have shown are anything but loving.

I asked 'how have I mistreated gays?' Your one example of how I have mistreated gays is that I said gay = pedophile? First, I never said gays are pedophiles. You started your own thread asking people a series of questions on the topic of homosexuality, to gain their opinion on the matter. You asked people if they thought homosexuals were more likely to be pedophiles.

In this thread I have stated that since engaging in one sexual sin can lead a person down the path of committing other sexual sins (like the concept of a gateway drug leading to other drugs), I merely said it is possible that a person who is homosexual may be more tempted to go into pedophilia.

That is my opinion. It is an educated guess, that is based on what scripture teaches about the nature of sin in general.

The reason homosexuals don't want to be compared with or even mentioned in the same sentence with pedophilia is because they don't see homosexuality as being sexual sin. An apple doesn't mind being compared to another apple, but they do mind being compared to an orange. Homosexuals don't see that their actions are sinful. That both they and pedophiles are different types of apples. They just think pedophiles are evil. So they are offended when someone even suggests that their lifestyle could lead them down that road. But that is life according to the homosexual world view. Life from God's perspective is that one sin can lead to other sins. Where you find one sexual sin, you will often find another, because as the gentleman who responded to your thread said in his comment (that I said Amen to), homosexuals believe in moral relativism.

You may not have a problem telling them that they are sinful, but they have a problem seeing themselves that way.

There is nothing unloving or mean about what I have said. Doing one drug can lead to doing other drugs. Stealing cars can lead to robbing houses. Again, I am not saying that this is always the case. I am merely saying it is possible based on observing life.

If this is your only example of my being unloving, then you have made a very poor case.

Secondly, I have already told you that I agree that teaching the gospel must be done in love. It is important that the gospel be shared in a loving way. We already agreed several comments ago that we were on the same page about this.

You accusations are ridiculous, slanderous, and immature. You need to grow up, and learn to understand the difference between speaking the truth and being hateful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I

ivanthegood

that is EXACTLY what i was trying to say. of course when i say 'turn to Christ' i meant repentance.

what makes you think i state over and over again that i do tell them it is a sin.

my point is not about them having no need for repentance

but i have consistently emphasize on the way we do it

being Christlike is central to when we spread the gospel

and from what i have seen here, many posters consistently tried to get around that by going round and round on the issue that gay lifestyle is a sin and they need to repent.

if you keep ignoring my Christlike message and trying to use the concept of repentance to justify your judgemental attitude towards gays.

then you are trying to abuse the scripture to justify you judgemental behaviours towards people you do not like.

and that is pure dispacable coming from a Christian.

how DARE you try to use scriputre as a weapon as a way to vent your dislike.

given your judgemental attitude, it is quite clear it is not gays eternal salvatioin that you care about. but the fact is you are ANGRY that they refuse to repent the moment you spread gospel with them.

guess what, God is patient with them, like He was patient with you and i in our non believers days when we resist His words.

like i said, if you are going to point fingers, than keep it to yourself. someone who is unrepentant about their own sins have no place point finger at other.

you need to mind your own business.

i can only tell you its not us that does the saving, its not your delivery of the gospel that will cause a man to drop to his knees and repent, the prophets were known to be the poorest at delivering the loving word of God, which is probably why they were all killed. but i'm guessing you would of lambasted them with your judgemental retoric, telling them they could catch more flys with honey than vineger, all the while they were prophets of God fulfilling the desire of God, delivering His word the way He wanted it delivered......you do understand that the words they spoke were not their own...they were God's words

the message is from God, you very well may not like the delivery, not every worker sent from God is an Evangelist with a soothing message of salvation, or a good teacher who can debate and rightly teach the word of God, causing men to redefine what they thought was truth, or the healing ministry that first approaches the external health, and then inner, or the the ministry of helps, where friendship and helping work together in displaying the love of God,

reconize the fact that not all are hands and feet, there are many facets to the body of Christ, some of them are going to rub you the wrong way, because your under the impression that every word spoken by Jesus was kind and loving, and you are missing the fact that not everything Jesus said and did appears to be kind and loving

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Out of 213 post (now 214) only 10 are from the OP. What a hornets nest has been let loose. Disention, disention, disention among such well intentioned Christians. Picking at each other, taking what's stated out of context, reading into what Christians are posting, accusing each other of saying things they are not, pulling out only parts of what is said to make their point, nit picking, hairsplitting. Everyone with their own perspective lashing out at others...do any of you really believe this is what God wants from us? All of this bickering back and forth just to be right. What a mess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lying is never right, that isn't biblical.

So you would reveal the truth as to the location of your loved ones so that a murdering/ rapist could get to them to avoid lying? OK. glad we're not related. You are painting a broad brush with, "thou shalt not bare false witness against thy neighbor,". Your enemy who threatens your life is not your brother or sister in Christ, nor are they your neighbor. On the lighter side, go and tell your girlfriend or wife that her newdress is ugly or her new hair style if it's the truth. Yeah, I'm sure you always tell the truth!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you would reveal the truth as to the location of your loved ones so that a murdering/ rapist could get to them to avoid lying? OK. glad we're not related. You are painting a broad brush with, "thou shalt not bare false witness against they neighbor,". Your enemy who threatens your life is not your brother or sister in Christ, nor are they your neighbor. On the lighter side, go and tell your girlfriend or wife that her newdress is ugly or her new hair style if it's the truth. Yeah, I'm sure you always tell the truth!

It's not okay to lie about such small things like hair style. It's sin.

Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
The reason homosexuals don't want to be compared with or even mentioned in the same sentence with pedophilia is because they don't see homosexuality as being sexual sin. An apple doesn't mind being compared to another apple, but they do mind being compared to an orange. Homosexuals don't see that their actions are sinful. That both they and pedophiles are different types of apples. They just think pedophiles are evil. So they are offended when someone even suggests that their lifestyle could lead them down that road. But that is life according to the homosexual world view. Life from God's perspective is that one sin can lead to other sins. Where you find one sexual sin, you will often find another, because as the gentleman who responded to your thread said in his comment (that I said Amen to), homosexuals believe in moral relativism.

Much as CDC people would absolutely cringe at some of the AIDS related commentary, likewise would the appropriate psychologist cringe at this absolutely horrid comparison. What makes these comparisons so bad has absolutely nothing to do with the religious aspect of the conversation. But with the non religious factors. In particularly such comparisons shouldn't be spread ,as disinformation is itself dangerous.

Upvote 0

Cotjones

Feb 7, 2012
✟8,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Much as CDC people would absolutely cringe at some of the AIDS related commentary, likewise would the appropriate psychologist cringe at this absolutely horrid comparison. What makes these comparisons so bad has absolutely nothing to do with the religious aspect of the conversation. But with the non religious factors. In particularly such comparisons shouldn't be spread ,as disinformation is itself dangerous.

:amen:

Reactions: SonOfTheWest
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.