USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because hell is real doesn't mean it's a "fear tactic". Alright? It's a real place to avoid. If a doctor tells you to stop eating fatty foods or you will have a heart attack, it's just reality and not a "fear tactic".

Revelations 20

"9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
I already explained that I believe you and no one should try to convince you that it was not real.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should be afraid of hell, we should be afraid of the damnation, and the lack of the Lord's presence. And it is a very terrifying thought to be without the Lord at all and in the hands of the enemy, tormented forever more.
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fearhath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

I would suggest using your fear to pursue the truth, which shall set you free....as oppose to just waiting till a future date to see if you are correct or not....as there is no repentance in the Grave.

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that many Christians do not believe that hell is real.

Anyone who denies the reality of Hell is simply not a Christian. It is a foundational doctrine of the Christian faith to demonstrate God's justice and righteous wrath on unrepentant rebel sinners.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who denies the reality of Hell is simply not a Christian. It is a foundational doctrine of the Christian faith to demonstrate God's justice and righteous wrath on unrepentant rebel sinners.
One is required to believe that others, who dont believe what they believe, will burn in hell? And if we dont believe that, we will burn in hell too?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that many Christians do not believe that hell is real. I found this to be absurd, but I am open to hearing both sides of the argument. So that is what has lead me to proposing this question, is Hell real?
If it is or is not please explain.

P.S. I for one do believe it exist. Sorry for the pun in the poll but is just too much for me to resist.

Please see this blog article that I wrote on this question:

In Defense Of The Doctrine Of Eternal, Conscious Torment In Hell. | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That sounds scary and alarming. Now I am likely to believe and follow any method you propose to avoid this fate.

I know of IRS scammers who call the young and elderly, telling them they are in trouble with the law, defrauded the government, and are about to get arrested. After they get the person alarmed and scared, they proceed to give them a way out: pay us 3k now and avoid all of the bad stuff mentioned at the beginning of the call. These scammer are very successful.

The Gospel should be different......

Since GOD is eternal, shouldn't the punishment for NOT loving Him be eternal punishment.
Makes logical sense.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have heard that many Christians do not believe that hell is real. I found this to be absurd, but I am open to hearing both sides of the argument. So that is what has lead me to proposing this question, is Hell real?
If it is or is not please explain.

P.S. I for one do believe it exist. Sorry for the pun in the poll but is just too much for me to resist.
Yes, but Hell is jail, not the punishment of the Lake of Fire.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, There are some who believe that the wages of sin is permanent death. You close your eyes, never to open them again. Isnt this a fate you would like to avoid as well? Wouldnt you still chose life to avoid death? Or would you only choose life to avoid burning?

That's not what the Bible says the Bible clearly says that you will be cast out where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. There is punishment and torment for those that do not repent.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Salvation and the cross is completely unnecessary if there is no hell.

So no hell = no gospel. No reason for anyone to be saved.
God came to save humanity ,not just individuals .It is because of Christ that we are able to communicate across océans ,through space,have labour saving devices ,fly from one end of the globe to the other ,and even beyond to planets .

Much has already happened ,but the blind do not see that All have been given the possiblility to participate in this new world, but not all will take it .Many are people who say they are christians ,but they are too busy condemning others to hell, to enjoy their freedom .
Let God decide, as Ernest Hemingway said , "ask not for whom the bell tolls ,it tolls for thee "
Oh I forgot ,all literature outside of the bible must be off the devil .

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have spoken to a few people who had Near Death experiences, and what two of them saw was hell. The first one died of a heart attack, and flew over hell, seeing all of it horrors. The second one was in and out of jail, died in hospital, and went down to hell where he felt heat on rocks as he approached the place. He then saw an angle with a sword in its hand and was returned to his body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The concept of Hell is man made. It's a church doctrine, not the doctrine of Christ. The Eternal torment doctrine is what you come up with, when you don't understand the scriptures, so you either take things literally, or you take a verse as it's own interpretation.
Some people need it. There is one here who said blatantly that they wouldnt need a savior if it wasn't for hell. Maybe we should not remove their only reason for serving God......

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obviously it was very important to Jesus to because he talked about it. And to each of the writers of the Bible. God is merciful yes but he is also a just God. Everything has exact same price eternity without God in the Lake of Fire, this is an undeniable fact, and every sin will be paid for. The Bible is not affected by PC culture or the whims of a few insane people, it is undeniable unchanging word of God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people need it. There is one here who said blatantly that they wouldnt need a savior if it wasn't for hell. Maybe we should not remove their only reason for serving God......
If there's no hell, no repercussions then there is no need to be saved from hell. And that is what undeniably Jesus did, he saved us from our sins which were leading us to hell. This is an undeniable fact, at least if you're Christian.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God is not interested in those people "worshipping" him. God is not real big on numbers.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0