California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, I'm no physicist and have no idea what E=MC^2 actually does in relation to the world around us, but sure. It sounds good. ^_^

Oh sorry, I'm no physicist either, but basically:

E (energy) is m (matter) times (x) c (constant/ speed of light) ^2 (squared)

Energy is matter times the speed of light squared!

So, in other words the invisible (energy) and the visible (matter) are interchangeable through time.

*Something like that...

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 13:12
"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

I imagine that you will not see just any one...you will see One.

so does this play on the idea that
Actually, physicists understand that the invisible can be explained by what is visible, whether it's by the naked eye or through scientic instruments, or procedures, etc...

Hebrews 11:3
"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

What is faith?

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

This is lengthy, but interesting...can you tell I'm a Brad Scott fan?
Actually, physicists understand that the invisible can be explained by what is visible, whether it's by the naked eye or through scientic instruments, or procedures, etc...

Hebrews 11:3
"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

What is faith?

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

This is lengthy, but interesting...can you tell I'm a Brad Scott fan?

Im gonna have to say that it is interesting and I'll have to study further and I actually understand what's being said now which helps alot

and it just so happens I had a powerful deja vu

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,549.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God is nothing (no thing), which is why we can't see Him...He is invisible...

We can't even see heaven-His dwelling place.

So, when we are no longer visible...when we are no longer a "thing" to be pointed at...

Is it then, when we have arrived?

2 Corinthians 4:18
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

1 Timothy 1:17
"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

1 Timothy 6:16
"who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."

1 John 3:2
"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

1 Corinthians 15:52-55
"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal mustput on immortality.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"

And one more question:

Does the invisible die?

*I wanted to change the title to the below, but couldn't:
Is Heaven where/when we finally become invisible?
I saw a testimony about an 8 year old boy who was transported out of his body and into heaven. He said it was very similar to earth, with streets and buildings, and the people there knew his name. He saw angels with and without wings. He said that the great difference in heaven was that there was no negativity there. He heard the birds singing, and he knew what they were singing about. He said that the flowers had a kind of music coming from them,and the colours were more pure, like he said, green was really green. He said that Jesus gave him a guided tour, and when he went into a house and sat on the sofa, the sofa conformed to his body and "cuddled" him. He said that the man in the house had pictures of his family on the wall, and he said those are of his family still back on earth who are still to come.

I don't really care who believes this or not. I am not open to debate out it, but I found it interesting and somehow uplifting. The guy who gave the testimony is now in his 50s, and said that he saw heaven just through the eyes of an 8 year old boy. So, I am inclined to believe that heaven is not too much different to what we have here, except that there is no sin there, no evil, and that love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, patience and self-control pervaded the heavenly environment.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

So, when we are no longer visible...when we are no longer a "thing" to be pointed at...

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

"who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal mustput on immortality.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

And one more question:

Does the invisible die?

Have you ever stopped to think that at the general Resurrection of the faithful, our senses will be elevated and then we will see what is presently invisible to us?

• Agree
Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Like E=mc^2?

Yeah energy is invisible and we are visible (mass).

Einstein proved that all energy has mass and that mass curves space, even black holes that don't emit light can be observed because they bend space-time. The earth is made of energy and we can see it. All mass is energy and energy is mass, that's where they got e=mc^2 from.

But further more, light is a form of energy, which the naked eye can see. Unless the frequency is above or below the visible spectrum, sounds are the same to the ears as light is to the eyes. Above or below frequencies are inaudible.

But God also has a body as we also have bodies. Jesus is God and Father as He explained they are one: John 14:7-9

• Informative
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And one more question:

Does the invisible die?

It is not about heaven, it is about the Kingdom of God where Jesus Christ of Nazareth is our King and we are His Body.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever stopped to think that at the general Resurrection of the faithful, our senses will be elevated and then we will see what is presently invisible to us?
I've often wished I could see the spiritual battle going on so I could see if my prayers had an immediate effect on which side was winning. Then I could keep praying harder and harder until the bad lost.

Sometimes I picture my community being like a map with little dots of black and white all over it representing good and evil forces. As I pray, my home is covered in white dots and the longer and harder I pray the white dots begin to radiate from my location and start to affect the rest of the community as the radius grows larger. But if I stop praying or begin falling into sinful behaviors and thoughts, the good shrinks back to a little me-sized circle again.

Don't say I'm weird. I already know it. ^_^

• Winner
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

With material eyes?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Einstein proved that all energy has mass and that mass curves space, even black holes that don't emit light can be observed because they bend space-time. The earth is made of energy and we can see it. All mass is energy and energy is mass, that's where they got e=mc^2 from

We don't see the vast majority of what exists and most of what we can "see" is not with our physical eyes, e.g., atoms, gravity, magnetism, etc...

Maybe I should have titled this, "Is Heaven where we finally become pure energy?".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It is not about heaven, it is about the Kingdom of God where Jesus Christ of Nazareth is our King and we are His Body.

Is the Kingdom of God where He and His Body are finally seen as One?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We don't see the vast majority of what exists and most of what we can "see" is not with our physical eyes, e.g., atoms, gravity, magnetism, etc...

Maybe I should have titled this, "Is Heaven where we finally become pure energy?".

Well I could say you do see atoms if you're looking at the earthly things, just not the particles of the atoms at their size and structure. Light reflects off atoms and that's how we see earthly things. Also we can see gravity as it bends space-time which is how they proved Einsteins ideas.

But to answer your question. If you believe in the resurrection which is required for salvation, then you believe your body will be resurrected. Romans 10:9

And Einstein proved that bodies are made of pure energy called mass.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I've often wished I could see the spiritual battle going on so I could see if my prayers had an immediate effect on which side was winning. Then I could keep praying harder and harder until the bad lost.

Sometimes I picture my community being like a map with little dots of black and white all over it representing good and evil forces. As I pray, my home is covered in white dots and the longer and harder I pray the white dots begin to radiate from my location and start to affect the rest of the community as the radius grows larger. But if I stop praying or begin falling into sinful behaviors and thoughts, the good shrinks back to a little me-sized circle again.

Don't say I'm weird. I already know it. ^_^

I was just thinking along these lines the other day...imagining the spiritual side and the whole radius thing! I think, when we are really praying according to His will and with the Spirit, it is like a light bomb goes off on the darkness over a huge region!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well I could say you do see atoms if you're looking at the earthly things, just not the particles of the atoms at their size and structure. Light reflects off atoms and that's how we see earthly things. Also we can see gravity as it bends space-time which is how they proved Einsteins ideas.

But to answer your question. If you believe in the resurrection which is required for salvation, then you believe your body will be resurrected. Romans 10:9

And Einstein proved that bodies are made of pure energy called mass.

Yeah, we see with the eyes of faith...the effects of what is unseen.

Yes, I believe in Him (the resurrection)!

Oh, is matter considered pure energy? That's informative, thanks!

*So, are you saying that we are already invisible...in a sense?

• Friendly
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If God were nothing, then he couldn't do anything. From nothing, nothing comes. God is, in fact, the ultimate Thing from whom all other things take their being.

We can't see God insofar as he is incorporeal; insofar as the Son has taken on human flesh, we most certainly can see him.

You speak of invisibility as if it were something to aspire to. I don't understand where that comes from, but there's no reason to think that we'll be invisible in heaven, because we will have physical bodies. And if being invisible means that something isn't a thing at all, then you seem to be looking forward to not existing. But in heaven we will clearly exist, therefore we won't be nothing.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, we see with the eyes of faith...the effects of what is unseen.

Yes, I believe in Him (the resurrection)!

Oh, is matter considered pure energy? That's informative, thanks!

*So, are you saying that we are already invisible...in a sense?

Well God's spirit is perhaps invisible? Then how do we hear from Him in the Holy Spirit? How do we receive the fruits of the spirit if they are invisible to us? Galatians 5:22-23 We hear Him with our spirits and even to the degree of body discernment at times. He makes Himself known to us.

I think the invisibility was just to convince the non-believers at that time that believed in only what they could see with their physical eyes.

But yes, the soul of man has parts invisible to the human eyes, like the spirit and psyche perhaps and other parts also like the consciousness.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I can't see you, does that mean you're invisible?

That's funny, I was just thinking about that. We can't see each other can we...unless we reveal ourselves, which we are, through our words.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I ran a quick calculation that I thought you might find interesting, but if the avg persons body weight was suddenly releasing it's energy it would yield a 1700 megaton sized explosion like a super nuclear warhead.

So our bodies in heaven as a resurrected beings are filled with quite a large amount of stored pure energy.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If God were nothing, then he couldn't do anything. From nothing, nothing comes. God is, in fact, the ultimate Thing from whom all other things take their being.

We can't see God insofar as he is incorporeal; insofar as the Son has taken on human flesh, we most certainly can see him.

You speak of invisibility as if it were something to aspire to. I don't understand where that comes from, but there's no reason to think that we'll be invisible in heaven, because we will have physical bodies. And if being invisible means that something isn't a thing at all, then you seem to be looking forward to not existing. But in heaven we will clearly exist, therefore we won't be nothing.

Well, what I was emphasizing is that God is not merely a thing...He's not just "thing"...a particular doodad you can point to.

I think Brad Scott says it well concerning something coming from nothing:

"...they think that words are just nothing, so therefore the logical question is how does matter, the things we can see, touch, taste, and handle...well then how does it come from nothing, and the answer is, well, it doesn't. Words are energy, words are resonating frequency." (Paraphrase)

So, I believe I agree with you, it's just...I hesitate to call God a mere thing, that's all.

Upvote 0