Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not afraid at all if a women is leader in a group or a managers or what ever. I don't feel in anyway that female should be only house wifes or have not equal rights or salary. It's what I see feminism agenda is doing pushes traditional family values away. For me this group represents ''Dived and Rule'' If Devil was true and it is He would choose to divide women between men. Which this community i feel does best. Most Feminist leaders are as well part of LGBT community. Now in my country we have some scandals and most of this Feminist movement and rights for women leaders are homosexuals. I just don't feel it truly reflects the true agenda of Past feminism that is today.
Yep. I see more misandry than misogyny in the world today. What is comical is that there is so little discussion of misandry these days that the site's spell checker doesn't even recognize the word. ;)

Modern feminism is not a good thing for anybody.

I hate Islam, but I don't hate Muslims.

Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, where do you find evidence for inferring that he accuses anyone who holds strong feminist beliefs must be a lesbian? Are you unaware that some members of the LGBT community are heterosexual feminists? This is why I said it is a false assumption. Forgive me; I just think you took your retort way beyond what is reasonable.
hmm lemme see - must be when he said " Most Feminist leaders are as well part of LGBT community."

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
Is hating homosexuality is a sin? I feel very negative or a bit angry when I think about homosexual relationship. It's not that i hate the people it self ,but homosexuality it self. As well with feminism I don't felt it represents what it truly states. For me it seems like hidden agenda how to destroy families so ifeel sometimes a bit anger on what they are doing.

Hating sin isn't wrong, God hates sin. But it is wrong to hate people whom Jesus died for.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Christians have different understandings on this particular issue, all making a case from Scripture. So, there are Christians who do not believe homosexuality is sinful, and those that think it is. Others make a distinction between sexual orientation and practice, and say only the latter is sinful. So in this diversity, it is important to have tolerance, respect and dialogue with those who hold a different view on this. It's vitally important to understand that those who do accept it (whether they are themselves gay or not) are not "condoning sin", if it's not seen as sinful in the first place. I've yet to meet the Christian who accepts homosexual relationships who also said they were fine with sin.

Feminism is another one where we actually need to define our terms - strictly speaking it's simply believing men and women are equal (cf Gal 3:28) which I am okay with. But this is sometimes taken to extremes of "female superiority" which I would take issue with.

Generally however, Christians should hate sin. Sin is the antitheses of everything that God is (Holy, righteous, pure and perfect). We cannot claim to love God, and be okay with evil.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The other thing to keep in mind is that Christians have different understandings on this particular issue, all making a case from Scripture. So, there are Christians who do not believe homosexuality is sinful, and those that think it is. Others make a distinction between sexual orientation and practice, and say only the latter is sinful. So in this diversity, it is important to have tolerance, respect and dialogue with those who hold a different view on this..
Not necessarily. It just is important not to hate them. :)

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hating sin is not a sin. Hating people is.

There are proper times to hate people, also. If you catch a man in the process of raping a little girl, if, in that moment, you do not hate the man, then you do not love the girl. The hatred, from a physiological standpoint, is there to help you react forcefully against an imminent threat. Imminent threats from people are real, and hatred against them is sometimes necessary.

The real sin is that lingering bitterness, the hatred that continues unnecessarily, long after the threat has passed.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you feel just as angry about other sins? Sin is sin.

All sin is sin, sin is against the Lord. But you are implying that all sins are equal and that is not true. All we have to do is look at both the OT and NT. Specific sins are called out and require being stoned in the OT, which others are not. In the NT certain sins are also called out as being those that would keep people from the kingdom. All sins are not equal.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are proper times to hate people, also. If you catch a man in the process of raping a little girl, if, in that moment, you do not hate the man, then you do not love the girl. The hatred, from a physiological standpoint, is there to help you react forcefully against an imminent threat. Imminent threats from people are real, and hatred against them is sometimes necessary.

The real sin is that lingering bitterness, the hatred that continues unnecessarily, long after the threat has passed.
I would hate what the man is doing, no doubt about it. I would be quite angry at the man as well. But I don't know if "hate" would be how I felt about him, personally.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is hating homosexuality is a sin? I feel very negative or a bit angry when I think about homosexual relationship. It's not that i hate the people it self ,but homosexuality it self. As well with feminism I don't felt it represents what it truly states. For me it seems like hidden agenda how to destroy families so ifeel sometimes a bit anger on what they are doing.

Do you hate lying, murder, theft, adultery, lust and all other sins?

If you are in Christ, it is expected that you would hate sin and that which destroys relationship with God and it is against what God has commanded. God has defined homosexuality to be sin. If you are in Christ you should hate homosexuality, first because it is sin, and secondly because it brings nothing but death and destruction, the same as the sin of lying, murder, theft, adultery, lust and any other sin.

• Winner
Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. You dont need to participate in the act. And as its legal in your country and mine its superfulous to hate

Just because something is legal by man's law, does not mean it is righteous before the holy God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hating homsexuality is no sin. Hating homosexuals is a sin.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hating homsexuality is no sin. Hating homosexuals is a sin.
So that would also include females that support feminism? U think interpretation feminism is required to qualify that.

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That being moved to hate is helpful or good?

Please thoroughly read the aforementioned comments and you will say that I very clearly advocated that hating sin is perfectly godly, and that was what I was referring to. You cannot discard a God-given emotion; all emotion is from Him. Whether or not they are used in a godly fashion, that's something else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So that would also include females that support feminism?

Feminism is not intrinsically pro-lesbianism, as far as I know. If it is now, historically, it never was. That is making a huge assumption. The OP does not make any such arguments; he speaks about his opposition to feminist values since they seem to contradict true Christian ones.

Hating anyone is a sin. That should satisfy you.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Please thoroughly read the aforementioned comments and you will say that I very clearly advocated that hating sin is perfectly godly, and that was what I was referring to. You cannot discard a God-given emotion; all emotion is from Him. Whether or not they are used in a godly fashion, that's something else.
I can't agree with that--that all emotions are Godly, etc. No. They are human, and he made us, but that doesn't mean that every thought and feeling is God-pleasing.

Upvote 0

Theophan

Mar 3, 2018
Colorado
✟19,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't agree with that--that all emotions are Godly, etc. No. They are human, and he made us, but that doesn't mean that every thought and feeling is God-pleasing.

You misunderstand me once again. Perhaps I am a terrible communicator...very possible.

God created humans; He created their emotions. Hence, all emotion in humans were created by God. If we experience an emotion, then you should know that it is part of God's design.

What I was speaking about was related to how we use our emotions. In this case, do we hate people? If yes, then this is ungodly. Do we hate sin? If yes, then this is Godly. Are we happy that our enemy was wounded? If so, this is sinful. Are we happy that Christ is risen from the dead and granting eternal life to all who believe on His name? If so, this is righteous.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Feminism is not intrinsically pro-lesbianism, as far as I know. If it is now, historically, it never was. That is making a huge assumption. The OP does not make any such arguments; he speaks about his opposition to feminist values since they seem to contradict true Christian ones.

Hating anyone is a sin. That should satisfy you.
Why is feminism a sin that you should hate while not hating the female? That's like me saying I hate masculinity but not men.

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This issue is an issue of balance for me. We must hate sin and all its forms, not just homosexuality, its how we align with the heart of God and his justice. We must also align with God's heart for His children by loving them, not the sin, but loving the person.

Churches seemed to be unbalanced in this. Either people hate the sin more than they love the people or people love the sinners more than they hate sin, both cause an imbalance. We must equally hate sin in all of its forms and love people of all kinds. God is both a loving Father and also a righteous judge. Balance my friend, there's nothing wrong with hating sin or loving people, it becomes wrong when you love people and excuse their sin or you judge sin too harshly and excuse the person.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.