✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed certain things which I do not like:

Personally I don't feel like going to this church, BUT MY MOM FORCES ME TO GO EVERY SUNDAY AND IS VERY MEAN TO ME WHEN I DON'T WANT TO GO. SHE WANTS ME TO FALL ON MY BACK LIKE THOSE PEOPLE AND LOOSE MY CONSCIOUSNESS ON NATIONAL TV (THEY HAVE A TV STATION OR SOMETHING)

I DON'T LIKE THIS CHURCH AND IM AFRAID OF PEOPLE IN THERE TOUCHING ME AND TRANSFERRING THEIR CRAP TO ME, WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THIS CHURCH?

[/B][/B]

I wouldn't let them touch me if I were you either. However- it can sometimes be unavoidable in churches like this. You will get random people coming up to you to lay hands on you to pray in tongues. I know what I'm talking about because it used to happen to me. Some of these folks have no concept of personal space and consent. I've also experienced the demonic nightmares, the 'speaking in tongues', the falling out. My advice to you is that if you're forced to go by your mom to find ways to stay in the back of the church near the door so you can make frequent trips/escapes to the water fountain, bathroom, hang out in the lobby, etcetera. Church should NEVER invoke fear in anyone. That's the number one red flag that God isn't in charge there. Let me say this: Everyone and I mean EVERYONE that I ever took with me to the church I grew up in (Pentecostal) was scared to death by the experience. I've been scared out of my wits at churches and church camps exactly as you described.

Regarding the raising of the dead man thing- without seeing documented and verifiable proof- I wouldn't believe it. While it is possible- with churches like this it isn't probable.

Regarding the $45 dollars- it's more about getting the money than about any kind of deliverance.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I just caught Maldonado on the TV and watched a good deal of it. No doubt whatsoever that hes got the all too typical idea of Word of Faith theology and antics to go along with them . Binding and Loosing Satan / Spirit of Tobacco / Spirit of Depression / Spirit of a Cloudy Day, etc

hhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I never laughed so hard here as I did just now.

Upvote 0

ashleyluz

Oct 10, 2013
✟7,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hey honestly people pray in tongue cause you know its a type of prayer and in order for you to get healed you must believe in god to heal you. not depend on the person ..apostle calls out random peoples names to come get prayer because god tells him to and he has to be obiedient :) i used to get attacked to in my dreams simply coverself in the blood of jesus and ask him to protect you god sent me to this church because he told me apostle was his son someone who work hard for him trust me god wouldnt send me and you if it wasnt good dont worry .people fall when the apostle touches them because god simply touches their spirit . apostle simply also has a big house and nice things cause he works very hard for it. they started with 7 people in a room and they have increased so much because he was obiedent to to god .the retreat is 45 because it includes food and bus charges for the 3 days its not cause their charging you for prayer .its okay though id understand why you think that cause its a sudden change for you trust me i wish i knew you personally honestly ive been there for a years and they all helped me change my life completely and am only 16. i wish you the best and i hope you see this god bless

Upvote 0

jossus

Oct 11, 2013
✟15,121.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I just registered because of this thread, and also because I watched an archive of Guillermo on Sid Roth's website. This is also my first post, and I hope I will have many after it.

On topic, I think the OP is a crybaby. First, he is 24, living with his mother or whoever he is talking about, and yet he complain about being forced to do something. Without even going into christian fact, he should understand that when you depend on someone, you have to go by their rules. This is the very first principle of anyone who call himself a Christian. Failing to notice this and complaining about his relative is a easy way for him, and also place a question mark on his own attachment to God.

Second, the OP and many people who are accusing Guillermo ignore the Bible. Jesus made Peter take money from the mouth of a fish in Matthew 17:2 in order to pay their tax because they did not have cash. Jesus said that anyone who believe in him will do greater things than what he did. Jesus said that nothing is impossible to those who believe in him. I could go on and on to show that while a Christian should not rely on miracle to believe, miracles should be a normal daily even in every church of Jesus Christ. Thus, it is just a sign of ignorance to accuse Guillermo of being a false prophet or to place a doubt on his ministry because of miracles performed by the power of his prayer in Jesus Name.

Next, if the OP and those who I think may be misleading him are not sure of Guillermo's ministry being of Jesus, then, they can ask the Holy Spirit. This is possible only if they are themselves operating in the Holy Spirit. However, I doubt they even believe in the Holy Spirit because of their arguments. The reason is that the Holy Spirit is not a natural decoration. He is not even visible to normal human eyes. Rather, everything the Holy Spirit does is supernatural. Thus, given that the OP and his friend think that supernatural is of false prophets, I can only be certain that they do not believe that Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to his followers.

Consequently, the OP and is followers are at best dead christians. By dead christians, I mean Christians who operates in the flesh and by their natural senses and feeling. It is then understandable that some of them are offended by people laying their hands on them, something that Jesus, his disciples and the apostles did daily in their ministries. This make them taking a huge risk to judge someone who officially pray in the name of Jesus. If his a false prophet, his ministry will die as Gamaliel said to the jewish leadership concerning the followers of Jesus. If he is right and serving God, then those who are accusing him without any revelation from God would be going against an anointed of God. You should know what this will mean for you.

Finally, my advice is that we should always follow the Bible whenever we have a question. Jesus is still alive and the Holy Spirit is on earth and ready to operate in and through anyone who want him to. THe OP should definitely get himself together, acknowledge his own condition of dependence, and go humbly before God to inquire his help and guidance. If any, from the lack of knowledge of the Bible he displayed, he should not accuse or place a doubt on the ministry of someone who is praying in the name of Jesus. I have seen things like this in my country where a prophet foretold a civil war. He was accused of being false prophet because of the miracle he performed, yet the war happened after his death.

Upvote 0

scar1034

Oct 13, 2013
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All i have to say is that i visited the church and i know from experience that the holy spirit moves in that church the presence of God is so beautiful and i feel like what most people miss is if you dont go to seek Gods presence.or to hear the word then you simply wont find anything. Most people who go go hungry for God or if theyr new they belive in God for theyr help or breakthrough most people dont understand that it really has nothing to do with the apostle hes simpky there to carry out the word and lead others likemost pastors do hes a wounderfull guy !and has worked so hard him and his wife who have walked with gid for so long. Im not suprised they are well taken care of thwy serve a mighty God. If your mom is pushing you. To go to church thats ccus she wants the best for your but like i said if you dont want to seek God. Yoyrself your just gonna reason everything and not understand . I pray that God touches you and helps you with understanding and btw laying of hand is under the pystebery. The peope in the church cant make you do or feel anything l every one in the church even the apostles yeild to God they are always giving the glory to god and iv seen people. Grow and do amazing things God moves people in that church and.im gratfull for the apostle for being willing to yeild to god ! Someone once said if you belive that the virgin mary gave birth tojesu how could you not belive n the God of miriclea

Upvote 0

lovelydove

Apr 3, 2016
orlando
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These pastors are false prophets and charlatans.
They deceive people with magic tricks by turning water into wine and gold in oil.
To answer your question, yes in the name and power of Jesus we as born again believers can cast out devils, speak in tongues, heal the sick and raise the dead. But, there are false teachers and prophets out there copying these things.
Praying in tongues is also from God and a gift for all his children. This is not to be confused with the gift of tongues. Yes, people get slain in the spirit and this did occur in the bible a few times. I don't recall what verses but one was when they went to arrest Jesus at the garden and the soldiers said they were there for Jesus, and Jesus responded, "I am he" the soldiers fell to the ground (John 18:6)
Lastly, the word of God tells us not to let anyone lay hands on u hastily because yes demonic spirits can be transferred through the laying on of hands. Best practice is to stay at ur seat and cover urself with blood of Jesus and ask the Lord to reveal to u what is from Him and what is not and pray for a keen spirit of discernment. I believe the Holy Spirit of God is already telling u something is wrong there because u feel uncomfortable - that's Him alerting you. Now u r not going to find the perfect church. There will be some things u may not agree with but if the doctrine they teach overall lines up with the Word of God, you are in a good place. Hope this helps. Blessings upon u!<staff edit>

Pastor Francesca

I have noticed certain things which I do not like:

1.Guillermo Maldonado prayed for a man who was dead in a morgue, 23 hours frozen in a freezer, and he came back to life. What kind of miracles are these? Is this even biblical?

2. Members pray for you in tongues and i find this uncomfortable because I don't know what they are really saying or trying to get into my system. For all I know anyone from the audience ( there are a lot of people that go there) could be an infiltrate from the enemy and praying things in satan's name against me. When someone behind me put her her hands on me and told me i was going to get healed (which I didn't) I had demonic visitations and nightmares which still haunt me, I asked god about this ministry and I keep getting nightmares...

3. People fall on their backs when touched by the pastor, he knows the names of certain people in the audience (which apparently he has never known before) and calls them to the front to be delivered of X problems or healed, but in the bible there is not such thing as falling on your back?

4. He owns a house for 2 million dollars, but im not too sure of his economical situation but he's rich allright...

5. This is how it works : you go to that church and if you are new, you have to go to the front and accept jesus, then they lead you to a small room while service still goes on and pray for your problems, take your address, name, information then you are invited to a private class next Sunday morning where they give you a new bible . If you want to visit a retreat for 3 days you have to pay $45 for them to pray about you and make a deliverance.

There is more stuff I have found on the internet about him being a false prophet. Money seems to be important to them, encouraging the audience to be successful, make money and blah blah blah more money..

Personally I don't feel like going to this church, BUT MY MOM FORCES ME TO GO EVERY SUNDAY AND IS VERY MEAN TO ME WHEN I DON'T WANT TO GO. SHE WANTS ME TO FALL ON MY BACK LIKE THOSE PEOPLE AND LOOSE MY CONSCIOUSNESS ON NATIONAL TV (THEY HAVE A TV STATION OR SOMETHING)

I DON'T LIKE THIS CHURCH AND IM AFRAID OF PEOPLE IN THERE TOUCHING ME AND TRANSFERRING THEIR CRAP TO ME, WHAT CAN I DO? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THIS CHURCH?

[/QUOTE]
Just because u have had a bad experience doesn't make him a false prophet. I have been to this church I no longer go because God has called me else where , however this ministry is real and the power of God is so powerful in that place. Ive had my best encounters with God at their services, retreats. My experience was great. Yes there is some things I did not like but what church is flawless. U just can't say they are false when u can't back it up. As u being a pastor one must be careful talking about a Apostle . God knew what he was doing when he placed him in that position and if he would be taken down if the supernatural power of God was not there. His finances is no ones business this man sells books, DVDs, people pay him to minister in their countries don't hate on God blessing him in what he does. He helps gives money to charities, has events to help the homeless, goes on mission trips to help the less fortunate. He does the work of God . let me ask u this do u do all of that? All I'm saying is be careful who u talk bad about without knowing them personally the internet lies u should know that by now. Be careful when u talk about a man of God. Apostle and Profeta are the real deal.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just because u have had a bad experience doesn't make him a false prophet. I have been to this church I no longer go because God has called me else where , however this ministry is real and the power of God is so powerful in that place. Ive had my best encounters with God at their services, retreats. My experience was great. Yes there is some things I did not like but what church is flawless. U just can't say they are false when u can't back it up. As u being a pastor one must be careful talking about a Apostle . God knew what he was doing when he placed him in that position and if he would be taken down if the supernatural power of God was not there. His finances is no ones business this man sells books, DVDs, people pay him to minister in their countries don't hate on God blessing him in what he does. He helps gives money to charities, has events to help the homeless, goes on mission trips to help the less fortunate. He does the work of God . let me ask u this do u do all of that? All I'm saying is be careful who u talk bad about without knowing them personally the internet lies u should know that by now. Be careful when u talk about a man of God. Apostle and Profeta are the real deal.
The universal cop out for false prophets and their followers is for them to warn everyone to 'be careful of saying anything about them'. It's a lame scare tactic used in an attempt to get people to not look at the facts and call them out on their bologna.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Efosa

May 2, 2018
London
✟7,726.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My sincere apologies for reviving an old post, I am new at this(posting) and did not realizhla the date on it since I was redirected by a Google search!
As to judging is concern, the bible is very clear as to what and how to judge!
We are not to be judging anyone's motives and actions unless we are doing so in a biblically ordained way.
The sins of unbelievers we are not to judge but we are to understand their fallen ways and preach if possible to convince them of their need for salvation. They have a different master and are lost souls in need of salvation.
The sins of believers within our congregations, Paul sets the perimeters and steps to take on such case.
1- confront in love
2- confront with elders
3- bring accusation before the church not to judge but to make them realize that they are in sin and to let the church know that they should disassociate with the un- repented sinner.
Reason given is that we are not to associate with someone who calling themselves brothers in the faith would persist in their sin un-repented! Lots of love and chances!

Judging "wolfs in sheep's clothing" is the one type of judging we are referring to in the original post. This is were Christians that have the ability to distinguish between a true and false apostle. This ability is Holy Spirit given backed by the truth that can only be found in the bible. False apostles have certain characteristics that can be fairly visible,
Lack of love; having unbiblical doctrines; a need to control by means of guilt; fear; or exclusion; uncharacteristic or even persistent need to ask for sacrificial behavior from the church members, such as sacrificing family time, money, individuality; claims to be the only church to have the ability to take you to a perceived level of holiness, spiritual growth, or monetarily benefit.

Not all false apostles can be easily pointed out, that is why the church needs to be a vigilant church, know and teach from the bible, understand how the enemy disguises himself and tries to bring division, confusion, false doctrine and disappointment to God fearing children. Prayer is the only vehicle accompanied by biblical knowledge that can keep us safe, that is why God warns us to be alert as to the devil's demises, he warns us because He wants us to understand that the enemy is always on the lookout for an opportunity to destroy and kill.

As to Maldonado, he is still alive and well, soon he will build an arena that should hold over 10k followers. We pray that he is aware of the dangers of going astray from the true gospel in search of material benefits or personal glory. We pray that God will keep him and his family safe and well. We pray that all that have left the ministry hurt and upset would understand that God can work all things for our good.
How

Upvote 0

Efosa

May 2, 2018
London
✟7,726.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s so sad how the church has become so divided because of everyone seems to think every preacher is a false prophet. Do you know Apostle Maldonado personally? That you would say he does not walk in love and is after personal glory? I mean it’s just so sad. I wonder how you’ll feel if someone who didn’t know you personally start making bold claims that you are not a Christian? If you feel he’s a false prophet, then sonny watch his content, but don’t try and convince people he is. Let God be the one to tell them for Himself. I would advice you to read Romans 14 (the whole chapter)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you know Apostle Maldonado personally?

There are no modern-day apostles. Not one. Any who claim to serve the Church in this office do so falsely. The apostles of the New Testament have no modern-day equivalent. Those who have claimed to be so, have shown themselves repeatedly to be false in their claims.

What is an apostle?

What are false apostles?

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This thread was started in 2012 and has been resurrected several times since. The OP deleted their posts.

I am locking the thread and asking for Staff to look at it and decide whether it should remain open

Anhelyna Senior Ambassador Member

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.