Is god willing to prevent evil but not able to?

Cosmicteapot

Atheist
Sep 9, 2010
Australia
✟15,163.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Interesting points, to be sure.

Hhmmm, we're going to have to define some terms. Religion? Can we dispose of that term? There's nothing good in it. G-d desires a relationship, w/ each and every one of us. There is ample room for variance in every one of those unique relationships, and all the necessary allowance(s) for our personalities. He actually LOVES us! It's a mind-boggling concept.

Why not use religion?... fine If I chose Allah it is specific in their holy book that you will go to hell if you pray to jesus... in the christian faith you will not... in the jewish faith there is no hell so dont worry about it.

How can the christian god give us free-will and so can allah but both claim if you follow the holy books of each faith (which is a must so you wont burn in hell) that you will burn in hell!?

How is this not a problem, have you studied other faiths? do you understand you may have been in the wrong one? because the qu'ran says if you pray to jesus you will go to hell!

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why not use religion?... fine If I chose Allah it is specific in their holy book that you will go to hell if you pray to jesus... in the christian faith you will not... in the jewish faith there is no hell so dont worry about it.

How can the christian god give us free-will and so can allah but both claim if you follow the holy books of each faith (which is a must so you wont burn in hell) that you will burn in hell!?

How is this not a problem, have you studied other faiths? do you understand you may have been in the wrong one? because the qu'ran says if you pray to jesus you will go to hell!
Chronologically, the Bible foretells of false Christs and false prophets, and the Bible was sealed about 400 years before Mohammad. Somewhere the Bible warns us "do not trust those who come professing to be Christ". Also it tells us to beware of the antichrist spirit, which had already come into knowledge in the world. Those who have dabbled in spirituality might say they have discussed certain concepts of truth with the antichrist. In my opinion that spirit has the ability to cost our salvation by swaying us to believe that the Christ is not real, I believe it is that spirit which gives birth to your idea that Christians will burn in the Muslim hell.

Also that I plainly don't trust the spirits behind the words of the Qur'an, with such a serious matter as life and death I am staying true to my heart, which says Jesus has always been honest, and coupled with the faith He has invested to me that He is the only way to know God. I can also see clearly that if you don't have a relationship with God then you're plainly "non Christian", which could mean atheist, muslim, pagan or whatever identity they claim makes no difference: certain some of these people don't just not believe in Jesus Christ, they are effectively anti-Christ in their opinions and teachings.

It is one thing to sit on the fence, but to throw rocks at God and His people is clearly putting ones self in debt to His favor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cosmicteapot

Atheist
Sep 9, 2010
Australia
✟15,163.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
The above poster has been an atheist for a very long time.

To be accurate, I have technically been an Atheist since birth as you cannot teach a child about the concept of God, because it's simply not understood at that age, I have never believed in a God nor will I ever believe in one (or several).
If somebody doesn't know anything about a creator or a "God" then technically you can be correct in saying we are all born Atheist... It's only the people, location and social networks in your life that really determine your faith, I can guarantee that majority of people on this site are currently a part of the same faith of their parents, and that their parents became believers in that faith from their parents and so on.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you cannot teach a child about the concept of God, because it's simply not understood at that age.

Balogna, baloney, and Oscar Mayer too. And seaman was telling the truth!?! How did that feel?

"Deviant choice" ^_^ And i should rep your for dissing the Pope, but I'll warn you the rules have changed recently about that sort of thing too. (And my "driver's license" is far from spotless)

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or is he able but not willing?
suppose he could be both able and willing... maybe?
or maybe he's neither willing nor able?

anyone know?
God does AMAZING things for we who believe He will. The present religious systems of man are mostly dead and powerless though. That's why today's Christians resort to killing and other ways of Satan.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or is he able but not willing?
suppose he could be both able and willing... maybe?
or maybe he's neither willing nor able?

anyone know?

God has a day set down where he will judge all evil. From that day there will be no mention of evil. It comes down to the standard argument: God has given people a free will, to do as they please. But God is love, he radiates love. The question is do you and I love. I am sure we have all made mistakes and acted out of negative emotions from time to time. But God keeps the Christian thinking about how to be loving, and if we fail for whatever reason, whether it is on purpose or by accident he will direct us through his word to be merciful as he is merciful.

As for is God all powerful the bible says it this way:

Eph 1:21-23 There Christ sits far above all who rule and have authority. He also sits far above all powers and kings. He is above every title that can be given in this world and in the world to come. God placed all things under Christ's rule. He appointed him to be ruler over everything for the church. The church is Christ's body. It is filled by Christ. He fills everything in every way.

When a person becomes a Christian Jesus comes and dwells within that person, so God can express his emotions to and through that person. For me that has been primarily through his written word, he will remind me of his nature as expressed in the bible. Which gives me confidence to maintain a relationship with him. Which is primarily what God wants from each of us, a heart felt relationship.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be accurate, I have technically been an Atheist since birth as you cannot teach a child about the concept of God, because it's simply not understood at that age, I have never believed in a God nor will I ever believe in one (or several).
If somebody doesn't know anything about a creator or a "God" then technically you can be correct in saying we are all born Atheist... It's only the people, location and social networks in your life that really determine your faith, I can guarantee that majority of people on this site are currently a part of the same faith of their parents, and that their parents became believers in that faith from their parents and so on.

Yes and that is why Jesus says He has bought us for a price and chosen us out of the world, that we (those reborn in Christ) do not belong to the world. Naturally we are born "into the world" having all the normal rights and knowledge of "technically an atheist", but our heart craves for God. Those of us who find God for once and for all are quite adamant that this is what our sole purpose is to do - to seek and establish a relationship with the almighty God, that is what your soul cries to you: get to know God. Interesting that I've discussed the soul with the conscience already today, and I was saying that the conscience really is the soul crying to you "don't sin", because if there is one person you should trust it would be your soul. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0