✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"How can I learn to trust that God is in control?"

This is a question answered by "Got questions"; I believe we all should have our own opininion about this because there is room for confusion.

Paul and many others say Satan is the God of this world; Satan is not my God. Could Satan be the God of this world and not have control of it?

If God is in control that would make God the God of this world; Satan presumes to be God and decieves many. God controls Satan, allowing Satan to roam freely to decieve the whole world; creating the situation where we have something to overcome; we are required to overcome the world in the manner Jesus overcame the world.

Isaiah 14:24 (ASV)
24 Jehovah of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely, as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

Does this make us wonder what the last six thousand years have been about; did God create Adam sinful and imperfect, why?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Satan is still the prince of the power of the air - in control of all the sons of disobedience,
which also we all once were - yes, we were all under satan's control at one time. (Ephesians 2).
The idea that everyone should have their own opinion is satan's deception we all were once subject to - the very thought that we were not making our own choices in our life was repugnant to us, but it was always true,
until (IF) we got REDEEMED/ SAVED/ PURCHASED WITH THE BLOOD OF Y'HSUA THE LAMB OF YHWH WHO WAS SLAIN FOR the sins of the world.
Without ATONEMENT, without YHWH'S PLAN and PURPOSE IN Y'SHUA,
we had no chance at all, and no free will at all.

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"How can I learn”

It’s called life

“to trust”

The term “trust” is not in the Lord’s vocabulary

It’s a human creation

We were all born with.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,………..,…………,,.,……….,,…………,.

“that God is in control?"

The God I know does not tell me to “do” anything. He gave me the ability to chose .,/\,.\/..,/-.,

The choice I choose to take is mine alone to make :)-

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is a question answered by "Got questions"; I believe we all should have our own opininion about this because there is room for confusion.

Paul and many others say Satan is the God of this world; Satan is not my God. Could Satan be the God of this world and not have control of it?

I would dispute that understanding that "Paul and others say that Satan is the god of this world": what Paul actually says is that "the God of this world has blinded" 2 Corinthians 4:4. I'm supposing that somewhere along the line, some preacher looked at this verse, concluded that (against scripture) God wouldn't blind people from understanding: therefore "god of this world" must be Satan. How such utterly awful reasoning could be accepted by millions of people, is a sure sign that God is in control of what people believe. I can't imagine this is actually the product of reason independent of manipulation.

The scripture clearly teaches that God is the one blinding people: John 12:39-41, Isaiah 6:10, Isaiah 44:18, Romans 11:8, and when Jesus was asked by His disciples "Why do you speak to them in parables?" Jesus answered: Luke 8:10. So there is no question as to just Whom is the "God of this world" doing the blinding. Couple this with that fact that we already are told Who the "God of this world" is: Genesis 14:22, Exodus 19:5, Revelation 11:4, Ezra 5:11 and that all powers are ordained by God: Romans 13:1. Also that God does according to His will among all the beings of heaven, and earth: Daniel 4:35, Job 9:12, Ecclesiastes 8:4. We also have Satan asking permission in the book of Job: Job 1:12. Notice here that God gives Job into the power of Satan, but that it is God that is ultimately running the show. So likewise the devil said concerning the kingdoms: Luke 4:6, this was delivered to him. However, this did not make him "God of the earth" but simply, put in charge over kingdoms by God. However, later, Jesus would say: Matthew 28:18 as all was now delivered to Him, as rightful inheritor of the heaven and the earth.

So this is all quite clear in scripture. Aside from scripture it's also axiomatically true. Everything is information, and thus under the control of the One Who wrote the information. It's the same as a programmer who writes His program, or, a writer writing a book. He is the only one in control of everything happening within the bounds of that being created. Nothing in the program, or, in the book, can affect the program unless specifically directed to do so which, makes it still a part of the program.

Moreover, all sets of information can always be summed up in one set of information; and that one set will "rule" all other sets contained therein. There is no possiblity that this is not the case; it's axiomatic.

If God is in control that would make God the God of this world; Satan presumes to be God and decieves many. God controls Satan, allowing Satan to roam freely to decieve the whole world; creating the situation where we have something to overcome; we are required to overcome the world in the manner Jesus overcame the world.

Isaiah 14:24 (ASV)
24 Jehovah of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely, as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

Does this make us wonder what the last six thousand years have been about; did God create Adam sinful and imperfect, why?

Without undertsanding, one wonders; but with understanding, one understands. The word "imperfect" means "not complete" and every creation is "imperfect" until it is "complete" or "perfected" or "finished"; this is also axiomatic. To create, you have to have your creation pass through a state of imperfection until the final touch, upon which imperfect becomes, perfect, or, complete, or, finished.

This is what the words "It is done" means in the Bible. It is meaning, the same thing an artist would say when he puts the final touch on his masterwork: "It's done!": Revelation 16:17

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Satan is still the prince of the power of the air - in control of all the sons of disobedience,
which also we all once were - yes, we were all under satan's control at one time. (Ephesians 2).
The idea that everyone should have their own opinion is satan's deception we all were once subject to - the very thought that we were not making our own choices in our life was repugnant to us, but it was always true,
until (IF) we got REDEEMED/ SAVED/ PURCHASED WITH THE BLOOD OF Y'HSUA THE LAMB OF YHWH WHO WAS SLAIN FOR the sins of the world.
Without ATONEMENT, without YHWH'S PLAN and PURPOSE IN Y'SHUA,
we had no chance at all, and no free will at all.

What you are sharing is institutionalised interpretations maybe sometimes of scripture; Biblically the air is the location of heaven; I doubt that Satan is the prince of the power of heaven; in control of the sons of disobedience is probable but not essential. From Rev. we find the whole world is deceived and deceived by Satan; It is in the deceived environment that we are saved; being deceived is not a sin, but if the deception leads to sin then there is no excuse only repentance. The deception, fundamentally is changing Laws and times but the deception is not singular, it is manifested without end; throwing Daniel's seventieth week down to the end of time is in it self part of changing Laws and times; These changes are only perceived by men, no change has actually happened.

"The idea that everyone should have their own opinion is satan's deception"; wrong, the opposite is Satan's deception; there could be some truth in what you mean, but I have to work with the words you use; what Law do we break when we have our own opinion? There is a possibility of sin in having our own opinion and that is if God was omitted from the process which means not in covenant with God which is the worst possible sin.

It sounds like you do not make your own choices. The Law provides a structure in which we can work; there are around ten things we are not allowed to do but the choices with in this framework are infinite; God expects us to be individuals not clones; all holy but individually Holy, individually in covenant with God.

Every thing about redemption and atonement was known before creation; there has always been the hope and provision for a reprieve from the second resurrection.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
"How can I learn”

It’s called life

“to trust”

The term “trust” is not in the Lord’s vocabulary

It’s a human creation

We were all born with.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,………..,…………,,.,……….,,…………,.

“that God is in control?"

The God I know does not tell me to “do” anything. He gave me the ability to chose .,/\,.\/..,/-.,

The choice I choose to take is mine alone to make :)-

If the Lord has a vocabulary it isn't English, He probably spoke a couple of languages besides Hebrew but a lot of us only speak English; faith and trust differ only grammatical application; I guess the question was steeped in theological jargon.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I would dispute that understanding that "Paul and others say that Satan is the god of this world": what Paul actually says is that "the God of this world has blinded" 2 Corinthians 4:4. I'm supposing that somewhere along the line, some preacher looked at this verse, concluded that (against scripture) God wouldn't blind people from understanding: therefore "god of this world" must be Satan. How such utterly awful reasoning could be accepted by millions of people, is a sure sign that God is in control of what people believe. I can't imagine this is actually the product of reason independent of manipulation.

The scripture clearly teaches that God is the one blinding people: John 12:39-41, Isaiah 6:10, Isaiah 44:18, Romans 11:8, and when Jesus was asked by His disciples "Why do you speak to them in parables?" Jesus answered: Luke 8:10. So there is no question as to just Whom is the "God of this world" doing the blinding. Couple this with that fact that we already are told Who the "God of this world" is: Genesis 14:22, Exodus 19:5, Revelation 11:4, Ezra 5:11 and that all powers are ordained by God: Romans 13:1. Also that God does according to His will among all the beings of heaven, and earth: Daniel 4:35, Job 9:12, Ecclesiastes 8:4. We also have Satan asking permission in the book of Job: Job 1:12. Notice here that God gives Job into the power of Satan, but that it is God that is ultimately running the show. So likewise the devil said concerning the kingdoms: Luke 4:6, this was delivered to him. However, this did not make him "God of the earth" but simply, put in charge over kingdoms by God. However, later, Jesus would say: Matthew 28:18 as all was now delivered to Him, as rightful inheritor of the heaven and the earth.

So this is all quite clear in scripture. Aside from scripture it's also axiomatically true. Everything is information, and thus under the control of the One Who wrote the information. It's the same as a programmer who writes His program, or, a writer writing a book. He is the only one in control of everything happening within the bounds of that being created. Nothing in the program, or, in the book, can affect the program unless specifically directed to do so which, makes it still a part of the program.

Moreover, all sets of information can always be summed up in one set of information; and that one set will "rule" all other sets contained therein. There is no possiblity that this is not the case; it's axiomatic.

Without undertsanding, one wonders; but with understanding, one understands. The word "imperfect" means "not complete" and every creation is "imperfect" until it is "complete" or "perfected" or "finished"; this is also axiomatic. To create, you have to have your creation pass through a state of imperfection until the final touch, upon which imperfect becomes, perfect, or, complete, or, finished.

This is what the words "It is done" means in the Bible. It is meaning, the same thing an artist would say when he puts the final touch on his masterwork: "It's done!": Revelation 16:17

I don't normally read Paul or use him except in moments like this; when I read 2 Cor 4:4 initially I agreed with you but as I researched further I found you are the odd one out. The KJV cross referenced 2Cor4:4 with John 12:31, Eph 6:12 which refer to Satan.

and I found these:
http://www.equip.org/bible_answers/why-is-satan-called-the-god-of-this-age/
https://gotquestions.org/Satan-god-world.html

Looking at:
2 Corinthians 4:4 (NKJV)
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

It is what Paul says minds are blinded to that bothers me and while I am wandering off my own topic I would like to say Jesus and John brought the Gospel of the kingdom being near and the Gospels are about the Kingdom, where Jesus is King, His followers are His subject and the Law of God is the Law of the Kingdom. Pauls Gospel about the mystical Jesus and His glory is something else.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This is a question answered by "Got questions"; I believe we all should have our own opinion about this because there is room for confusion.

I don't like your reason.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't like your reason.

I have not expressed myself well but I am surprised that you are offended. "Because there is room for confusion"; at the time I wrote it I thought I should have omitted it; maybe I should have said, "There is confusion". It is probably true that both Satan and God have their respective duties; Satan is in control of men until such time as they overcome. Institutionalised doctrines of men whether correct or not bypass the Holy spirit and the wrestling with angels; more important than correctness is engaging with God

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't normally read Paul or use him except in moments like this; when I read 2 Cor 4:4 initially I agreed with you but as I researched further I found you are the odd one out.

I will certainly admit to being the odd one out in just about everything scripture related. But bear in mind "Many are called, few are chosen" so it doesn't seem being the odd one out is all too troublesome to me.

But I suppose the real point here is that scripture clearly shows Who is doing the blinding: John 12:40-41 Not to mention the host of other passages previously quoted. If I'm the odd man out, it's because I'm solely relying on scripture and reason. What does that say about those who are 'like masses in'?

The KJV cross referenced 2Cor4:4 with John 12:31, Eph 6:12 which refer to Satan.

John 12:31 This doesn't actually say "Satan" so you're assuming something not in the text. But even if we add that, there is a huge difference between "prince" and "God": so these men are summarily rejecting scripture that clearly teaches that God is the one blinding people, then calling "Satan" "God of the world" because of a verse concerning the "prince of this world": this is awful reasoning.

Ephesians 6:12 is talking about the Christian struggle, does not mention any "Godhood" concerning any of the "principalities and powers", and has nothing to do with "blinding" since the audience of the letter who "wrestle against powers" are clearly Christians and have therefor not been blinded by the God of this world. Only unbelievers are being blinded from understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I will certainly admit to being the odd one out in just about everything scripture related. But bear in mind "Many are called, few are chosen" so it doesn't seem being the odd one out is all too troublesome to me.

But I suppose the real point here is that scripture clearly shows Who is doing the blinding: John 12:40-41 Not to mention the host of other passages previously quoted. If I'm the odd man out, it's because I'm solely relying on scripture and reason. What does that say about those who are 'like masses in'?

John 12:31 This doesn't actually say "Satan" so you're assuming something not in the text. But even if we add that, there is a huge difference between "prince" and "God": so these men are summarily rejecting scripture that clearly teaches that God is the one blinding people, then calling "Satan" "God of the world" because of a verse concerning the "prince of this world": this is awful reasoning.

Ephesians 6:12 is talking about the Christian struggle, does not mention any "Godhood" concerning any of the "principalities and powers", and has nothing to do with "blinding" since the audience of the letter who "wrestle against powers" are clearly Christians and have therefor not been blinded by the God of this world. Only unbelievers are being blinded from understanding.

I believe you are wrong; in the versions: ASV, NKJV, RSV and NIV2011 2Cor 4:4, the word god appears and the word God and theses words are spelled differently in the Greek; Strong doesn't give a number for the first god with little "g"; John 12:40-41 refers to those who were cut off by God from the kingdom where as the people to whom Paul refers most likely are not cut of by God but deceived by the god of this world, which brings us directly to the topic. Paul is not saying God is opposing his work but god is opposing his work.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe you are wrong; in the versions: ASV, NKJV, RSV and NIV2011 2Cor 4:4, the word god appears and the word God and theses words are spelled differently in the Greek; Strong doesn't give a number for the first god with little "g";

No, I can read Greek and it's the same word: ho theos, which means God. The God. Looking at the verse it actually reads "the God of this age" as "world" here is the Greek aionos. But it's definitely, ho theos; which is only ever used of THE God, which is what the definite article "ho" even indicates. It indicates "The" as in "the object you all reading this know well about": There really is no possible way this is not speaking of THE God. Anyone trying to say this "The God" means "The Satan" is absolutely without justification in any way, shape or form; and are also ignoring a host of other scriptures which plainly state that it is THE God that is blinding people.

John 12:40-41 refers to those who were cut off by God from the kingdom where as the people to whom Paul refers most likely are not cut of by God but deceived by the god of this world, which brings us directly to the topic. Paul is not saying God is opposing his work but god is opposing his work.

2 Corinthians 4:4 says "blinded" not "deceived"; let's put it this way, I cited multitudes of passages all clearly showing that THE God is blinding people. Can you post one, single passage (except 2 Corinthians 4:4 which is under evaluation, and would be begging the question) that says anything remotely similar to Satan "blinding" people from understanding, or where anyone other than THE God is called THE God? I'll be impressed if you find a single verse anywhere to show precedent and justifying ignoring a host of scripture, and the very Greek words themselves, to call "Satan" THE God.

Who is THE God in these passages; is it Satan? Genesis 14:22, Exodus 19:5, Revelation 11:4, Ezra 5:11

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.,.,.,.,.,. I guess the question was steeped in theological jargon.

"jargon" ; Here again I find another "word" that is not in the Lord's vocabulary
jargon
Somethings come from the Lords heart and others are mankind made. "Jargon" is an ok term for a movie of fiction but this site is all about the real world in real time

May I ask, would you care to explan, "define" the term "jargon" in your own words

Thanks in advance :)-

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
mY mistake; should have looked it up before responding

BTW I found the following on “Wikipedia

Jargon is a type of language that is used in a particular context and may not be well understood outside of it. The context is usually a particular occupation (that is, a certain trade, profession, or academic field), but any ingroup can have jargon. The main trait that distinguishes jargon from the rest of a language is special vocabulary—including some words specific to it and, often, narrower senses of words that outgroups would tend to take in a broader sense. Jargon is thus "the technical terminology or characteristic idiom of a special activity or group".[1] Most jargon is technical terminology,[2] involving terms of art[2] or industry terms, with particular meaning within a specific industry. A main driving force in the creation of technical jargon is precision and efficiency of communication when a discussion must easily range from general themes to specific, finely differentiated details without circumlocution. A side effect of this is a higher threshold for comprehensibility, which is usually accepted as a trade-off but is sometimes even used as a means of social exclusion (reinforcing ingroup-outgroup barriers) or social aspiration (when intended as a way of showing off).

The philosopher Étienne Bonnot de Condillac observed in 1782 that "every science requires a special language because every science has its own ideas". As a rationalist member of the Enlightenment, he continued: "It seems that one ought to begin by composing this language, but people begin by speaking and writing, and the language remains to be composed."[3]

Various kinds of language peculiar to ingroups can be named across a semantic field. Slang can be either culture-wide or known only within a certain group or subculture. Argot is slang or jargon purposely used to obscure meaning to outsiders. Conversely, a lingua franca is used for the opposite effect, helping communicators to overcome unintelligibility, as are pidgins and creole languages.

If it weren’t for you I would never have looked it up

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.,.,.,.,.,. I guess the question was steeped in theological jargon.

"jargon" ; Here again I find another "word" that is not in the Lord's vocabulary
jargon
Somethings come from the Lords heart and others are mankind made. "Jargon" is an ok term for a movie of fiction but this site is all about the real world in real time

May I ask, would you care to explan, "define" the term "jargon" in your own words

Thanks in advance :)-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No, I can read Greek and it's the same word: ho theos, which means God. The God. Looking at the verse it actually reads "the God of this age" as "world" here is the Greek aionos. But it's definitely, ho theos; which is only ever used of THE God, which is what the definite article "ho" even indicates. It indicates "The" as in "the object you all reading this know well about": There really is no possible way this is not speaking of THE God. Anyone trying to say this "The God" means "The Satan" is absolutely without justification in any way, shape or form; and are also ignoring a host of other scriptures which plainly state that it is THE God that is blinding people.

2 Corinthians 4:4 says "blinded" not "deceived"; let's put it this way, I cited multitudes of passages all clearly showing that THE God is blinding people. Can you post one, single passage (except 2 Corinthians 4:4 which is under evaluation, and would be begging the question) that says anything remotely similar to Satan "blinding" people from understanding, or where anyone other than THE God is called THE God? I'll be impressed if you find a single verse anywhere to show precedent and justifying ignoring a host of scripture, and the very Greek words themselves, to call "Satan" THE God.

Who is THE God in these passages; is it Satan? Genesis 14:22, Exodus 19:5, Revelation 11:4, Ezra 5:11

I thought Ho Ho Ho indicted Santa Clause. The way I read 2Cor4:4, Paul may not be speaking of Satan but in the translations the matter is not determined except in the minds of the translators.

The kJV uses the same Greek word for God in Both Places; the word god is common and universal; when we place a capitol G in front of it we invoke the assumption that we Christians talk about the God of Israel. I have two Greek texts, even though I do not read Greek I am able to compare; both these texts are the same regarding these words; the first god is theta epsilon omicron sigma and the second God is theta epsilon omicron upsilon; I have no idea what the different spelling means but there is no ho.

In 2Cor4:4, blinded is used as a metaphor, therefore the meaning is non-specific; if God is the blinder then judgement has been passed on the unbelievers; If Satan was the blinder he has no power other than to lead people astray, and this sums up the nature of Satan's control. God's control is to ensure the fulfilment of prophesy, Laws and times.

There are scriptures that say that God has healed the blind, the blindness is usually attributed to sin; I am not aware of any scripture that claims God has made any man blind. When God says that He makes the blind see and the seeing blind He is using "blind" as a metaphor for something God does but Satan cannot do.

Paul's statement may not be true because Paul's Gospel about Christ instead of the kingdom; Paul may have started a new religion.

Upvote 0