• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is Glitching in Games wrong?

Discussion in 'Gamers Zone' started by Jags, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Jags

Jags Member

+88
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I love glitching in some games on roblox since u can glitch on some games but is this wrong? iv heard this is wrong to glitch but on the game they allow you to glitch on it basically would u say this is wrong / sins if it is even a sin?
    sorry for asking this if it was a stupid question

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Warhead

Warhead New Member

+0
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Married
    As long as you're not breaking the law there is no problem with it. Games are met for fun so just enjoy yourself.

3. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,223
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Glitching can add another dimension of enjoyment to games we didn't anticipate, so I don't think it's wrong in itself. Some easter eggs are even hidden in games by developers, which can only be found by glitching or through other exploits. Using glitches, cheats or exploits in multiplayer games to gain an unfair advantage however is different; I would think that is wrong.

Overall, I don't think it's too much of an issue, unless God is convicting you of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry. Personally, I enjoy playing a game as it was intended. But once I get bored or finish it, I enjoy looking for glitches and exploits in single player, which helps extends the games longevity for me.

4. FaithLife1

FaithLife1 Active Member

+123
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What's that?

5. Jags

Jags Member

+88
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well if you don't play video games manily just getting to places where u can't get in without doing some kind of Glitch like going trough a wall.

6. FaithLife1

FaithLife1 Active Member

+123
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I'm still not entirely sure what "glitching" is, are you talking about taking advantage of bugs or hacking? I think God would want us to play honestly, so no cheating that would give you an unfair advantage over other players.

7. Jags

Jags Member

+88
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    i play a game on roblox thats parkour where you parkour up the tower and you could glitch in someareas and get up that you normally can't glitch would it be wrong to glitch there?

8. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+2,922
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    If you're playing a single-player game, then glitch away. It's your game and the only person who you would be affecting is yourself. If you are playing a multiplayer game, then glitching may be giving you an unfair advantage in which case, you would need to avoid it and play honestly. (And report the glitch to the devs so that they have the opportunity to resolve the glitch.)

9. Jags

Jags Member

+88
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What if the glitch is only effecting you in the Multiplayer game and nobody else?

10. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+2,922
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    See if using glitches is against the game's Terms of Service. If so, then avoid using.

You might also check with the devs if using that particular glitch is okay. If they say it's fine, then you're good.

Remember, you may not always see how your use of something affects other players even if it *seems* it is affecting no one else, so getting clearance from those who are managing the game is a good idea. They're not always against using glitches. For instance, in Everquest 2, house decorators would use a glitch to decorate outside of the bounds of the house walls, and the devs were perfectly fine with it.

11. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,223
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I wouldn't worry if things like this are a sin, unless God convicts you about something in particular. God's yoke is easy; it shouldn't feel burdensome.

I would recommend to just enjoy these games, and trust God to reveal to you what is sin and what isn't.

12. FaithLife1

FaithLife1 Active Member

+123
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You could drive yourself nuts worrying about what little things are sin and what isn't. Video games aren't mentioned in the bible but I don't think we should play anything that has demons and sorcerers, and video games that blasphemes God.

You and God have a relationship and He knows your heart.

13. garryson

garryson New Member

+0
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Separated
    I think glitching in games sometimes can happened. I think if your PC is not enough strong you can download easy games. I like to download easy games to my device and play them when I have spare time.