Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love glitching in some games on roblox since u can glitch on some games but is this wrong? iv heard this is wrong to glitch but on the game they allow you to glitch on it basically would u say this is wrong / sins if it is even a sin?
sorry for asking this if it was a stupid question

Last edited:

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Glitching can add another dimension of enjoyment to games we didn't anticipate, so I don't think it's wrong in itself. Some easter eggs are even hidden in games by developers, which can only be found by glitching or through other exploits. Using glitches, cheats or exploits in multiplayer games to gain an unfair advantage however is different; I would think that is wrong.

Overall, I don't think it's too much of an issue, unless God is convicting you of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry. Personally, I enjoy playing a game as it was intended. But once I get bored or finish it, I enjoy looking for glitches and exploits in single player, which helps extends the games longevity for me.

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glitching can add another dimension of enjoyment to games we didn't anticipate, so I don't think it's wrong in itself. Some easter eggs are even hidden in games by developers, which can only be found by glitching or through other exploits. Using glitches, cheats or exploits in multiplayer games to gain an unfair advantage however is different; I would think that is wrong.

Overall, I don't think it's too much of an issue, unless God is convicting you of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry. Personally, I enjoy playing a game as it was intended. But once I get bored or finish it, I enjoy looking for glitches and exploits in single player, which helps extends the games longevity for me.
i play a game on roblox thats parkour where you parkour up the tower and you could glitch in someareas and get up that you normally can't glitch would it be wrong to glitch there?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
If you're playing a single-player game, then glitch away. It's your game and the only person who you would be affecting is yourself. If you are playing a multiplayer game, then glitching may be giving you an unfair advantage in which case, you would need to avoid it and play honestly. (And report the glitch to the devs so that they have the opportunity to resolve the glitch.)

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're playing a single-player game, then glitch away. It's your game and the only person who you would be affecting is yourself. If you are playing a multiplayer game, then glitching may be giving you an unfair advantage in which case, you would need to avoid it and play honestly. (And report the glitch to the devs so that they have the opportunity to resolve the glitch.)
What if the glitch is only effecting you in the Multiplayer game and nobody else?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
What if the glitch is only effecting you in the Multiplayer game and nobody else?

See if using glitches is against the game's Terms of Service. If so, then avoid using.

You might also check with the devs if using that particular glitch is okay. If they say it's fine, then you're good.

Remember, you may not always see how your use of something affects other players even if it *seems* it is affecting no one else, so getting clearance from those who are managing the game is a good idea. They're not always against using glitches. For instance, in Everquest 2, house decorators would use a glitch to decorate outside of the bounds of the house walls, and the devs were perfectly fine with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i play a game on roblox thats parkour where you parkour up the tower and you could glitch in someareas and get up that you normally can't glitch would it be wrong to glitch there?
I wouldn't worry if things like this are a sin, unless God convicts you about something in particular. God's yoke is easy; it shouldn't feel burdensome.

I would recommend to just enjoy these games, and trust God to reveal to you what is sin and what isn't.

Upvote 0

FaithLife1

May 27, 2019
N/A
✟13,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You could drive yourself nuts worrying about what little things are sin and what isn't. Video games aren't mentioned in the bible but I don't think we should play anything that has demons and sorcerers, and video games that blasphemes God.

You and God have a relationship and He knows your heart.

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2019
ohio
✟8,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love glitching in some games on roblox since u can glitch on some games but is this wrong? iv heard this is wrong to glitch but on the game they allow you to glitch on it basically would u say this is wrong / sins if it is even a sin?
sorry for asking this if it was a stupid question
I run a gaming community that caters towards Christians and families. our rule on the matter is don't do anything that gives you an unfair advantage beyond the rules of the game, unless you inform the other players you intend to glitch.

Upvote 0