United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
50 minutes to 60 minutes.

There is no consistent case of "big bones being shallower or deeper than little bones", as the speaker suggests. In some cases it is true that this is how fossils are found but it certainly isnt a rule or anything. Anyone who has experience with fossils knows that this isnt even remotely a consistent case.

for example:
Cross-Bedding - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

In the above link we have a cross section of fossiliferous bedding. The is cruziana above, cruziana below, siltstone above, silstone below etc. there no particular correlation between where fossils exist and their surrounding matrix in any way associated with density of sediment or grain size. the statement in the video is fabricated and is based on some form of misinformation or omission of details.

56:00- An individual suggests that because some remnants of degraded proteins have been recovered from acid treated fossils that this suggests that dinosaurs lived recently.

A. there is no research suggesting that degraded organic material cannot survive millions of years under ideal forms of preservation. Meaning that the argument is somewhat of a straw-man argument. Though certainly an interesting find, it's not objectively contradictory to an old earth.

B. Studies have suggested that DNA can last up to 8 million years when preserved under ideal conditions, and yet no one has ever discovered or sequenced dinosaur dna even though according to YECs dinosaurs were alive maybe even just a thousand years ago or less.

DNA has a 521-year half-life

"The team predicts that even in a bone at an ideal preservation temperature of −5 ºC, effectively every bond would be destroyed after a maximum of 6.8 million years. The DNA would cease to be readable much earlier — perhaps after roughly 1.5 million years, when the remaining strands would be too short to give meaningful information."

Another oversight and omission of detail by the video. If DNA can last millions of years, why dont young earthers have their own jurassic park? We've sequenced DNA of mammoths and neanderthals, sabertooths and other prehistoric megafauna (which lived roughly 10,000 years ago so its no surprise we have their dna to geologists), but why dont YECs have dinosaur DNA?

Thats right, because they've been dead for over 8 million years. Over 65 to be more accurate.

58 minutes in, the YEC uses an acidic solution to dissolve crystalline structures that have protected and preserved the degraded organics. its not like they pulled it out of the ground with blood coming out. But rather the bone has been preserved via permineralization which requires acid treatment to expose.

Ultimately it's an interesting find, but again, it is more of a new or recent discovery than it is a true argument against an old earth.

That's about it for this 10 minutes.

Actually I do have one more comment for the 50-60 minute mark. It can be found here on transitional forms:

Proving that Links Exist

Just a softball I recently made for people to munch on.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't have to buy your own machine.

Just go and collect your own samples, and send them to a local lab. Just don't tell the lab where you've collected them. That's what the Young earth creationists in the video did. However it should be noted that if you do collect and submit samples, you will have to follow quality assurance procedures if you want anyone to take your data seriously. For example, you can submit blind duplicates and blank samples as described above.

Pick a country or a region and if you would like, I could help you find a lab.

I am not really a science guy. My talents are art and writing; And I want to use them to their fullest potential in this life for the Lord’s purposes.

Here is a Christian who did extensive research on radiometric dating and he believes after his research that it is a deception.

It is a rather lengthy article to read, but it should encourage Christians who just read and believe their Bible plainly.

The Radiometric Dating Deception

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually I do have one more comment for the 50-60 minute mark. It can be found here on transitional forms:

Proving that Links Exist

Just a softball I recently made for people to munch on.

If Evolution was true then there should be tons of fossils for the transitional fossils. But they simply do exist in large number like they should if Evolution was true.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Evolution was true then there should be tons of fossils for the transitional fossils. But they simply do exist in large number like they should if Evolution was true.

In my opinion, I don't think this response addresses the information within the link that I offered.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not really a science guy. My talents are art and writing; And I want to use them to their fullest potential in this life for the Lord’s purposes.

Here is a Christian who did extensive research on radiometric dating and he believes after his research that it is a deception.

It is a rather lengthy article to read, but it should encourage Christians who just read and believe their Bible plainly.

The Radiometric Dating Deception

For those unconvinced by the articles from green screen computer science creationism websites, in which the author is unmentioned, I offer an alternative set of Christians, those better credentialed of the biologos foundation.- link below
BioLogos - God's Word. God's World.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those unconvinced by the articles from green screen computer science creationism websites, in which the author is unmentioned, I offer an alternative set of Christians, those better credentialed of the biologos foundation.- link below
BioLogos - God's Word. God's World.

Seeing the video you offered from a guy who did not know that Evolutionary thought existed before Darwin (of which I posted an article proving that), I am going to side with my fellow Young Earth Creationist on radiometric dating because the Bible supports a Young Earth. There are also many evidences for a Young Earth, as well. Also, Evolution and an Old Earth is in line with the secular atheistic way of thinking in trying to eliminate God. There are testimonies of those who believe in an Old Earth, and their children end up believing in Evolution and then not believing in God at all. It's easier to abandon the faith when folks abandon the Bible. The biggest problem is that you are not dealing with the Bible. I posted verses that refute an Old Earth. Yet, you did not deal with them. I posted a passage from Genesis 7 in defense of a global flood. Yet, you believe it is local when the Bible clearly says it is global. So while you think you are correct with your Science, I will trust in what God's Word plainly says instead. You were not there when God created everything in six days. We take it by faith that God created everything in six days. Do you have science to confirm that it was created in six days? I just take it by faith and believe God's Word. I don't believe you are doing that. By the responses in your post, you put Science as your response instead of Scripture. This means that Science comes before Scripture for you. But Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. I don't believe you are doing that.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion, I don't think this response addresses the information within the link that I offered.

I don't have to go into detail because my point is sufficient alone to refute Evolution (of which you fail to understand or refuse to see). If Evolution was true, then by logic there should be tons of transitional fossils in just as equal amount as there are regular fossils. The fact that there are so few (i.e. few so called transitional fossils) means that Evolutionists are cooking up imaginary stories that they want to be true. Meaning, they have not really proved that transitional fossils exist like they should exist. This means their belief is bankrupt. The few rare transitional fossils they think they have discovered is not what they think they are. God simply created animals to look similar to each other on rare occasion is not really proof of Evolution. Evolution is a joke. No human evolved. God created man on the sixth day in Genesis 1. You either believe your Bible or you don't believe it. The choice is yours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have to go into detail because my point is sufficient alone to refute Evolution (of which you fail to understand or refuse to see). If Evolution was true, then by logic there should be tons of transitional fossils in just as equal amount as there are regular fossils. The fact that there are so few (i.e. few so called transitional fossils) means that Evolutionists are cooking up imaginary stories that they want to be true. Meaning, they have not really proved that transitional fossils exist like they should exist. This means their belief is bankrupt. The few rare transitional fossils they think they have discovered is not what they think they are. God simply created animals to look similar to each other on rare occasion is not really proof of Evolution. Evolution is a joke. No human evolved. God created man on the sixth day in Genesis 1. You either believe your Bible or you don't believe it. The choice is yours.

I disagree, I would say that there are many transitional forms including the one I talked about in my link.

I think that because you aren't addressing the information in my link, I would say that my position still stands and my response. My link also notes an additional site listing dozens of transitional forms. So to say that we don't have any isn't really a reasonable response.

And either they exist or they don't exist, saying that there should be more or less has nothing to do with whether or not they exist. Of course there are more today that we know of than there were 50 years ago or 100 years ago. And to say that even more do not exist or are yet to be uncovered is unreasonable as well given that we keep finding more and more of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree, I would say that there are many transitional forms including the one I talked about in my link.

I think that because you aren't addressing the information in my link, I would say that my position still stands and my response.

But there are no large amounts of transitional forms on the same level as regular non-transitional fossils. There should be an equal amount if Evolution is true. Anyways, you have not dealt with any of the verses that refute an Old Earth and a local flood. This is where our faith should begin from. The Bible and not Science. This is not to say we don't use Science. We do. But we need to look to the Bible first before looking at evidences (Science) around us. If not, you are using the wrong glasses.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But there are no large amounts of transitional forms on the same level as regular non-transitional fossils. There should be an equal amount if Evolution is true.

Why do you think this? I don't think your case makes sense, but let's see if I can figure out what you're trying to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proving that Links Exist

Here's my link again. And from my link I've posted the following figure:
Screenshot_20210526-070355~2.png

When I look at this figure, I see two end species with 3 transitionals in between, in which case there are more transitionals than non transitionals on either end.

What do you see? Do you see one transitional in the middle and two non transitionals on each side? Or no transitionals at all? Or all transitionals? And if none of the above are, in your opinion, then do you think any transitional forms exist at all?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proving that Links Exist

View attachment 301373

When I look at this figure, I see two end species with 3 transitionals in between, in which case there are more transitionals than non transitionals on either end.

What do you see? Do you see one transitional in the middle and two non transitionals on each side? Or no transitionals at all? Or all transitionals? And if none of the above are, in your opinion, then do you think any transitional forms exist at all?

Reptiles and fish look very similar. Try that with other animals.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Proving that Links Exist

View attachment 301373

I just see 5 different 'species'.

• Useful
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Right, I agree. Plus, where are the transitional fossils between these animals? We should see progress of bones changing subtly between many transitional fossils, but this is just not so.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I see 3 transitional forms between fish and amphibian.

I think that if someone doesn't see any transitionals in the figure, it suggests that perhaps they don't think any transitional species exist at all. In which case, the argument that "there aren't enough transitionals" or that "there should be just as many transitionals as non transitionals fossils" I think comes off as a bit...I guess dishonest is a fair word to use for the following reason:

The language of the YEC argument suggests that perhaps at least some transitional species exist, though "not enough" and yet upon closer examination, the YEC making the argument doesn't believe that any exist at all. Thereby making their own argument meaningless.

"But there are no large amounts of transitional forms on the same level as regular non-transitional fossils." -Bible Highlighter

The above is worded as if perhaps in their view, there may at least be "small amounts". But they don't even believe in that.

Which begs the question of why the counter argument was worded in such a way.

Because there doesn't appear to be agreement on what a transitional form even is, or if any exist, I would just defer to my prior post discussing one.

Proving that Links Exist

And until this post can be addressed, then arguments about quantities of transitionals are meaningless.

Can't talk about quantities of apples unless you both agree on what apples are beforehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right, I agree. Plus, where are the transitional fossils between these animals? We should see progress of bones changing subtly between many transitional fossils, but this is just not so.

I'll just defer to my above post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-070355~2.png
    Screenshot_20210526-070355~2.png
    707.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see 3 transitional forms between fish and amphibian.

I think that if someone doesn't see any transitionals in the figure, it suggests that perhaps they don't think any transitional species exist at all. In which case, the argument that "there aren't enough transitionals" or that "there should be just as many transitionals as non transitionals fossils" I think comes off as a bit...I guess dishonest is a fair word to use for the following reason:

The language of the YEC argument suggests that perhaps at least some transitional species exist, though "not enough" and yet upon closer examination, the YEC making the argument doesn't believe that any exist at all. Thereby making their own argument meaningless.

"But there are no large amounts of transitional forms on the same level as regular non-transitional fossils." -Bible Highlighter

The above is worded as if perhaps in their view, there may at least be "small amounts". But they don't even believe in that.

Which begs the question of why the counter argument was worded in such a way.

Because there doesn't appear to be agreement on what a transitional form even is, or if any exist, I would just defer to my prior post discussing one.

Proving that Links Exist

And until this post can be addressed, then arguments about quantities of transitionals are meaningless.

Can't talk about quantities of apples unless you both agree on what apples are beforehand.

To be clear:

There are no transitional fossils.

Evolution is such an obvious lie. But you are free to believe in it, friend.

Anyways, may God bless you even if we disagree. I am going to move on.

Peace be unto you in the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be clear:

There are no transitional fossils.

Evolution is such an obvious lie. But you are free to believe in it, friend.

Anyways, may God bless you even if we disagree. I am going to move on.

Peace be unto you in the Lord.

Ok, I disagree, and here is an example of a transitional with supporting information:

Proving that Links Exist

If you would like to respond to the details of the post, you're more than welcome to.

Otherwise, I'll move on with the OP video then.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0