Is Gandhi going to hell?

C

CalebTumanako

I like your christ,I do not like your christians. Your christians are so unlike your christ. - Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi was not a Christian, he was fully aware of how christians act. the doctrine of christianity is "once saved always saved." that you repeat a prayer to jesus by following romans 10:10 by making a quick 15 second prayer. after the prayer the christian is allowed to commit all sins because he is under the grace of god which allows a man to commit adultery, steal,rape children, murder people,take the mark of the beast, etc.. As man is not under the law he is now under grace and grace allows him to do all the evils his heart so desires. This is the Christian doctrine

Now Gandhi who spent his whole life helping people, stopping wars, and even died in the process of stopping a war between Muslims and Hindus.
He will go to hell for being good, because he didn't believe in the genocidal mass murdering god of the bible. The god of the bible sounds worse than Charles Manson.

If you think one could get away with a quick 15 second prayer of "forgiveness" then carry on sinning to an all-knowing, all-powerful God then you are badly mistaken!

Jesus spent his whole life helping others, he raised the dead, healed the sick, feed the needy, before Gandhi was Christ and Gandhi was a man, we are tainted by sin, Christ was sent by God, born of his Holy Spirit.

So if someone inside is dirty, tainted and unclean but on the outside do good works - should they be let into Heaven? How can we even go there, we don't know God's thoughts except his Holy Spirit.

Case in point, your view of God is from the evil one. Do you know what God is? Love? He's the source of it and the end of it.

All I can say is I hope you come to know God with me, through the Lord Jesus Christ because whoever has painted this idea of God in your head, it's not true. We humble ourselves and say, look, we don't know anything but what we do know is that there is a creator. You've given it a thought, and it's easy if you want understanding of his Scriptures, just ask God.

That's all.

God bless, bro! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
I like to add to the thoughts that I said and now more closely to the question of the original poster and that is about ghandi. Like I said:

since I do not know if I will reach the eternal life how can I tell if ghandi will reach it or not.

And I add the following thoughts now:

I prefer to think as Gamaliel thought.

Acts 5:33 But when they heard this, they were cut to the quick and intended to kill them. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the Law, respected by all the people, stood up in the Council and gave orders to put the men outside for a short time. 35 And he said to them, “Men of Israel, take care what you propose to do with these men. 36 For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody, and a group of about four hundred men joined up with him. But he was killed, and all who followed him were dispersed and came to nothing. 37 After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census and drew away some people after him; he too perished, and all those who followed him were scattered. 38 So in the present case, I say to you, stay away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God.”

Of course the goal of gandhi is a very different goal than the apostles and he is no way equal to the Lord Jesus as any other man and woman but if God may choose gandhi to be his instrument in that region who am I to condemn the salvation of that man as the salvation of anyone too, so for me if I completely deny the thought that ghandhi may be saved it is like that I deny that God can work in anyone and that he can use anyone an instrument for his plan and for his glory.

Think about it, if there was a christian person and not ghandhi there then would the majority of the hindus follow him starting from the salt march? it is the same when Jesus man was born in a jewish family and he started to preach to the jew first and he sent the disciples to preach the good news to the nations.

Upvote 0
E

Eric Hibbert

He prolly followed Jesus' sermon on the mount more than most christians ever follow Jesus

He did??? How did you come to that conclusion?

so I don't think that Ghandi will lose rewards. After all he claimed to like the christian God, just not christians.

But if he liked the "Christian God" so much, why did he spend his entire lifetime rebelling against the "Christian God" and breaking the Christian God's laws?

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyones sins past, present and future are all forgiven. Jesus' one sacrifice for sins forever sorted that all out. Forgiveness of sins is a free gift to be received now. If you refuse to accept this free gift of forgiveness of sins by your own free will, then you have your first class ticket to you know where....

Upvote 0
E

Eric Hibbert

Everyones sins past, present and future are all forgiven. Jesus' one sacrifice for sins forever sorted that all out.

Universalism is heresy.

Forgiveness of sins is a free gift to be received now. If you refuse to accept this free gift of forgiveness of sins by your own free will, then you have your first class ticket to you know where....

...so is Pelagianism.

Upvote 0