-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
we have thousand of denominations due to division. Leaders have their 'own' understanding and opinions after they read the bible. It's sad I think it's how the Lord want it to be done. If you read the church history all the way up to now, you'll see godly servants of the Lord broke from their origin church and start their own denomination, some turned out to be good and some became really bad, in short no perfect church. Well it's sad and hard to swallow to see so much division for someone who's new to the faith but it's the reality.

I personally believed God is in charge of this, until Jesus's 2nd coming it will stay what is it, what do you think?

(different groups or churches is challenging to a new believer, he might ask 'so which church/community should I go to?')

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
we have thousand of denominations due to division. Leaders have their 'own' understanding and opinions after they read the bible. It's sad I think it's how the Lord want it to be done. If you read the church history all the way up to now, you'll see godly servants of the Lord broke from their origin church and start their own denomination, some turned out to be good and some became really bad, in short no perfect church. Well it's sad and hard to swallow to see so much division for someone who's new to the faith but it's the reality.

I personally believed God is in charge of this, until Jesus's 2nd coming it will stay what is it, what do you think?

(different groups or churches is challenging to a new believer, he might ask 'so which church/community should I go to?')
Depends.

We have thousands of denominations today, but they get along just fine or even support each other.

Still much better situation than few hundred years ago, when there was just 3 and killing and hating each other.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Depends.

We have thousands of denominations today, but they get along just fine or even support each other.

Still much better situation than few hundred years ago, when there was just 3 and killing and hating each other.
it's so crazy back then, what are the 3?

RC, Eastern Church, what is the other one?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Denominations are not of God. Paul rebuked the Corinthians for division within their fellowship. The founders of denominations think that they have no choice. But many of the reasons for division are trivial and are just excuses. I believe that life is more important than doctrine. Christians should seek out churches that are alive, not that just tick the right doctrinal boxes. For sure, stay away from outright heresy. But does it really matter if you are pre, post or a-millenial? For sure salvation does not depend on it!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is important for all churches regardless denomination or non-denominations, to hear what the Spirit have said to the churches throughout time in the Holy Scripture.

Therefore, individuals are called to live by the Holy Spirit. Many who are called the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord, still walk according to the old nature, and they should repent in order that they avert the disgrace that they dread that is spoken in Psalm 7:12-16.

We are called to bear with those who are weak. We are also called to suffer for what is right, and that include to show grace to them, just as the Lord forgives us.

It is of importance that all of us be found in the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ, not having our righteousness of our own but righteousness that comes through faith in Christ, that is, righteousness from God and is by faith.

For from the first to last, the righteous live by faith.

Read Psalm 50, you will come to know when Lord Jesus Christ comes, this is what He speaks.

Nee believer, no need to feel challenged in anyway, to which church to go ! For we are the church including new believers! What we should seek is the Lord’s strength, the Lord’s presence, the Lord’s face continuously!
New believer, together with all who the Lord Jesus Christ their Lord and ours is seek the Lord wholeheartedly and shall find Him.

Reactions: Rhemajoy
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Churches would be much more orderly if they did not have humans in them. However, we humans do not always agree, so we create choices.

By the way, ALL THE OTHER great religions of the world have divisions too, and even the Christian denominations that claim unity have a formal unity, but there is still a private disagreement among the members that is often as strong as that which separates denominations.

Study and pray and join the church that you sincerely believe has the right answers. That is all we can do and it is what we should do.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Churches would be much more orderly if they did not have humans in them. However, we humans do not always agree, so we create choices.

By the way, ALL THE OTHER great religions of the world have divisions too, and even the Christian denominations that claim unity have a formal unity, but there is still a private disagreement among the members that is often as strong as that which separates denominations.

Study and pray and join the church that you sincerely believe has the right answers. That is all we can do and it is what we should do.

Hi Albion,
Only the devil like the church that does not have humans in them !

Human may fall short of glory!
God does not give up hope !
God, even, shows His grace that we may be saved by the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Humans may have choice to choose to trust God or not to trust God, and be found with no hope and God and no promises of eternal life.

As apostle Paul have said:
So too at the present time there is a REMNANT, chosen by grace. -Romans 11:5

You don’t need to worry about the disagreements that happen in church denominations or non denominations.

what we should be concerned :
Have we live according to the will of the Heavenly Father to live daily by the Holy Spirit and continue to belong to Christ and be part of the remnant chosen by grace ?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's coming to a point where, Divisions (Denominations) are causing the individual Christian to have a relationship with God through Jesus on their own, regardless of what might be being taught to them.

After all isn't it your individual, personal relationship with God that matters above all, not what Denomination you belong to, which brings you into the Kingdom?

Maybe it is, all Christians have their own Denomination already, based upon their relationship with God.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It's important to know there are 1000s of ways to misunderstand the word of God, there is only one way to understand the word of God correctly. This may sound strange to some people until they read and study (1Cor. 1:10)(Phil. 2:5 ; 3:16-19).

...that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.(1Cor.1:10)

Php 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

• Agree
Reactions: martymonster
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Well I think we might not unreasonably agree that Mormons, J/Ws, neo-Gnostic cults, et cetera are best avoided.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Division is not always bad.

Later Day Saints
The Way International
Christian Science
Christadelphians
International Bible Students
New Age Theology
Jehovah's Witnesses
Unification Church
and many others

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Depends.

What a generalization! IF you spend any time on here, you will find that they don't get along just fine or support each other, in their differences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
There are 1000s of denominations today that is true. They do not all get along fine and I know this b/c they have buildings which separate each other during worship, they have creed books which do not harmonize with each other. (1Cor.1:10) (Phil. 3:16-19)

Mt 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Just b/c they are friendly to one another (in some cases) does not mean they get along.

Neither does it mean they are right in the sight of God. (Mt. 7:21) (1Jn 2:3-6) (Eph. 5:17)

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Our Publications

• Agree
Reactions: martymonster
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are 1000s of denominations today that is true. They do not all get along fine and I know this b/c they have buildings which separate each other during worship, they have creed books which do not harmonize with each other. (1Cor.1:10) (Phil. 3:16-19)
I took the point to mean that they are separate and do disagree on an intellectual level, but that they do not bear any animosity towards each other.

In thousands of towns, the church buildings of different denominations are next door to each other, but the members see each other as fellow Christians, albeit with some disagreements.

Just b/c they are friendly to one another (in some cases) does not mean they get along.
That hasn't been my experience, at least not most of the time. However, I'd be interested to know what you are thinking of when you say "does not mean they get along." What 'not getting along' have you observed and from which churches?

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I took the point to mean that they are separate and do disagree on an intellectual level, but that they do not bear any animosity towards each other.

In thousands of towns, the church buildings of different denominations are next door to each other, but the members see each other as fellow Christians, albeit with some disagreements.

That hasn't been my experience, at least not most of the time. However, I'd be interested to know what you are thinking of when you say "does not mean they get along." What 'not getting along' have you observed and from which churches?

Church A's doctrine will not be allowed in Church B.

You can pick just about any topic and this is what you will find.

The problem is their creed books which they choose over the word of God. (Jn 12:48)

As long as they use the creed books they will never follow (1Cor.1:10) (Phil. 3:16,17).

Speak the same thing. (1Cor.1:10)

Walk by the same rule. (Phil. 3:16)

Teach no other doctrine. (1Tim. 1:3)

Our Publications

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Church A's doctrine will not be allowed in Church B.

You can pick just about any topic and this is what you will find.
What does "not allowed" mean there? I can walk into almost any Christian church in town this Sunday and not be quizzed on doctrine, nor do I know of very many churches which keep track of or somehow otherwise make sure that all of its members believe all the approved doctrines.

But as for relations between different denominations, it's usually cordial and both sides agree that the other is genuinely Christian *(even with the differences).

The problem is their creed books which they choose over the word of God. (Jn 12:48)
That would need you to be more specific.

Upvote 0

Nova2216

May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
What does "not allowed" mean there? I can walk into almost any Christian church in town this Sunday and not be quizzed on doctrine, nor do I know of very many churches which keep track of or somehow otherwise make sure that all of its members believe all the approved doctrines.

But as for relations between different denominations, it's usually cordial and both sides agree that the other is genuinely Christian *(even with the differences).

That would need you to be more specific.

Just b/c they "agree to disagree" on differing doctrines while trying to show a false unity does not mean God condones their differing creed books.

There are only two reason to have a creed book.
1. To add to God's word.
2. To subtract from God's word.

Why not just use the Bible? (2Peter 1:3)

Our Publications

Upvote 0