Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not look down through time to see what will happen or weather a person will believe.

God does not have to look down through the corridors of time, because he is outside of time and space.
Therefore God had to foreknow all things.

Try not to call Calvinistic Baptists "stupid".

It does not look good for your side of the argument.

How can you reconcile the fact that you agree all humans are born with Adam's sin nature, but you turn around and claim that the children of Christians are different?
If Calvinism was "Biblical" your doctrine would not produce this conflict.

Calvinistic Baptists have attempted to correct this part of your doctrine, through the process of believer's baptism.

The 1689 London Baptists took the flawed Westminster Confession of Faith and corrected the error of infant baptism.
However, some of the other errors were not corrected.

If you start out wrong, you will usually end up wrong.
Trying to correct Calvinism is like trying to trim rotten fruit, when the core is already bad.
The only solution is to throw away the whole thing.

If any Christian tells you he is a ____________ ist, and he believes in __________ ism, you know he is forcing the scripture to fit his man-made doctrine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
God does not have to look down through the corridors of time, because he is outside of time and space.
Therefore God had to foreknow all things.
Either way you would have Him reacting to what He found out. That means that He learned what He did not know before which, as I said before, makes Him changeable and destroys His omniscience. But, of course, you ignore what I said again.

Try not to call Calvinistic Baptists “
It does not look good for your side of the argument.
I didn’t.

How can you reconcile the fact that you agree all humans are born with Adam's sin nature, but you turn around and claim that the children of Christians are different?
If Calvinism was "Biblical" your doctrine would not produce this conflict.
Once more you are putting words in my mouth. I made it very clear that we really don’t know. It would be nice if you would respond to what I actually say.

Calvinistic Baptists have attempted to correct this part of your doctrine, through the process of believer's baptism.
That is simply not true. They corrected the error through a thoroughly biblical Covenant Theology which is entirely different than the peadobaptists. I already told you this but you seem to have blinders on. You see what you want to see and read into what you want to read. Please respond to what I say instead of what you imagine I have said. Honesty demands it.

The 1689 London Baptists took the flawed Westminster Confession of Faith and corrected the error of infant baptism.
However, some of the other errors were not corrected.
We agree where we can and disagree where we must. I personally don’t hold to the 1689 because of some disagreements with it on the Law and sanctification but that is of no concern. What other “errors” do you imagine there are?

If you start out wrong, you will usually end up wrong.
Trying to correct Calvinism is like trying to trim rotten fruit, when the core is already bad.
The only solution is to throw away the whole thing.
Precisely! Your theology, if I may use such a term concerning what you believe, is founded on the error of free will. Therefore all your doctrine is built on it. It leads to a false understanding of who God is and how He acts. Those who hold to this error read it into the Scriptures and ignore what the whole of Scrpture says about God and man. It is a theology of the natural man which must always contribute to or control his eternal destiny. The only solution is for the Spirit to open the Scriptures up to you. Otherwise you will do what comes naturally.

If any Christian tells you he is a ____________ ist, and he believes in __________ ism, you know he is forcing the scripture to fit his man-made doctrine.
Only if his doctrine and theology are unbiblical. Calvinism isn’t.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What other “errors” do you imagine there are?

Both the Westminster Confession and the 1689 LBCF claim the ten commandments were given to Adam before the fall.

Based on Exodus 34:28, and Deuteronomy 5:1-3 this cannot be correct.

It also claims we are to observe the 4th commandment, no matter what we find in Colossians 2:16-17, and Hebrews 7:12, and Hebrews 8:13, and Hebrews 12:18-24.

The Law of Christ is a higher standard than the 10 commandments, which is found multiple times in Matthew chapter 5.
There is also a clear contrast between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant found in many of the references.

Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

(See John 19:30, and Galatians 3:16-29.)

Mat_5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat_5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mat_5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Mat_5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat_5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Mat_5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Mat_5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would agree with you on all but the law of Christ. The law of Christ is faith. We are free from the law of do’s and don’ts. We walk by faith not by sight.

Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Christ contrasts the Old Covenant with the higher standard of the New Covenant:

Mat 5:21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
Mat 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mat 5:23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Mat 5:25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
Mat 5:26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.'
Mat 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Mat 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Mat 5:31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
Mat 5:32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Mat 5:33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
Mat 5:34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
Mat 5:35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
Mat 5:36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
Mat 5:37 But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Mat 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'
Mat 5:39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
Mat 5:40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
Mat 5:41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
Mat 5:42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
Mat 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
Mat 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Confirmation of the contrast between the Old Covenant and New Covenant is found below.

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Gal 4:24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—
Gal 4:25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
Gal 4:26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written: "REJOICE, O BARREN, YOU WHO DO NOT BEAR! BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR! FOR THE DESOLATE HAS MANY MORE CHILDREN THAN SHE WHO HAS A HUSBAND."
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN."
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 12:18 For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest,(Mount Sinai)
Heb 12:19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore.
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW."
Heb 12:21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.")
Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Christ contrasts the Old Covenant with the higher standard of the New Covenant:

Mat 5:21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.'
Mat 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mat 5:23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Mat 5:25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
Mat 5:26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.'
Mat 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Mat 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Mat 5:31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
Mat 5:32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Mat 5:33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
Mat 5:34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
Mat 5:35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
Mat 5:36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
Mat 5:37 But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Mat 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'
Mat 5:39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
Mat 5:40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
Mat 5:41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
Mat 5:42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
Mat 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
Mat 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Confirmation of the contrast between the Old Covenant and New Covenant is found below.

2Co 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
2Co 3:8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

Gal 4:24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—
Gal 4:25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
Gal 4:26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written: "REJOICE, O BARREN, YOU WHO DO NOT BEAR! BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR! FOR THE DESOLATE HAS MANY MORE CHILDREN THAN SHE WHO HAS A HUSBAND."
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREEWOMAN."
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 12:18 For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest,(Mount Sinai)
Heb 12:19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore.
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: "AND IF SO MUCH AS A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT SHALL BE STONED OR SHOT WITH AN ARROW."
Heb 12:21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, "I AM EXCEEDINGLY AFRAID AND TREMBLING.")
Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

1 John 3:23-24 (KJV) 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

There are only two commandments that we are to keep, believe on Christ and love one another. All the other commandments we have already kept in Christ.

The Sermon on the Mount was the Lord Jesus teaching the true and spiritual nature of the law. He was not telling us how to keep it but showing us that it impossible for us. To add a burden to believers that puts them again under do’s and don’ts is legalism.

I am asking you for the third or fourth time to respond to my arguments and statements without cherry picking. If you cannot do this there is no actual debate. There is only you saying what you want to say. I am not interested in giving you a platform to try to spread your doctrine. If you do not start answering my points and arguments then there is no reason to continue.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are only two commandments that we are to keep, believe on Christ and love one another. All the other commandments we have already kept in Christ.

If you do the above then you will do what Christ commanded in Matthew chapter 5, when He said "But I say..."

Any Christian who professes an _____________ ism, or claims to be an _______________ ist, is promoting a man-made system of interpretation which divides the Body of Christ.
Paul warned against this in 1 Corinthians chapter 1.

I have friends who claim to be Dispensationalists, who promote Dispensationalism.

I also have friends who claim to be Calvinists, who promote Calvinism.

I love both groups, even though they continue to promote their man-made systems of interpretation.

I also love you.

Gal_4:16 Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you do the above then you will do what Christ commanded in Matthew chapter 5, when He said "But I say..."

Any Christian who professes an _____________ ism, or claims to be an _______________ ist, is promoting a man-made system of interpretation which divides the Body of Christ.
Paul warned against this in 1 Corinthians chapter 1.

I have friends who claim to be Dispensationalists, who promote Dispensationalism.

I also have friends who claim to be Calvinists, who promote Calvinism.

I love both groups, even though they continue to promote their man-made systems of interpretation.

I also love you.

Gal_4:16 Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

Personal interpretation is dangerous.

And there seems to be no point to all of your rants. You refuse to deal honestly with my posts after repeated pleas for you to do so. I am not going to waste any more of my time on this.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personal interpretation is dangerous.

I would agree.

Forcing scripture to fit the man-made interpretations of Augustine, or Calvin is extremely dangerous.

The man below is a former Catholic who can attest to this fact.

If you have to find something personally wrong with me to make your doctrine work, you may want to take another look at what you are promoting.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t debate with men who cannot answer for themselves. You have clearly lost so might as well give it up.

This thread is not about winning and losing a debate.

If you think God is the author of evil who forced Satan to rebel against Him, and who forced Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit without any freewill, then you have bought into one of Augustine's many errors.

The answer to the question is still "No."

Calvinism is not Biblical.

Any unbiased witness can review the posts in this thread if they want the truth.

Let them decide for themselves, based on what is plainly written in God's Word.

The testimony below of Thomas Dickerson is a powerful testimony of how the false doctrine of "Calvinism" can lead a person to falsely believe they have been saved by Christ.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This thread is not about winning and losing a debate.

If you think God is the author of evil who forced Satan to rebel against Him, and who forced Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit without any freewill, then you have bought into one of Augustine's many errors.

The answer to the question is still "No."

Calvinism is not Biblical.

Any unbiased witness can review the posts in this thread if they want the truth.

Let them decide for themselves, based on what is plainly written in God's Word.

The testimony below of Thomas Dickerson is a powerful testimony of how the false doctrine of "Calvinism" can lead a person to falsely believe they have been saved by Christ.

I answered each of your points clearly and simply, I haven’t nor will I respond to a video. You didn’t bother, or was unable to, to respond to any of my answers. I asked you repeatedly to respond. Therefore it is clear that Calvinism is biblical and true. You making a declaration and trying to back it up with straw man points is what those who read will see. I am now done.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore it is clear that Calvinism is biblical and true.

"Calvinism" goes back to the doctrine of Augustine, based on the research of Dr. Kevin Wilson, who read all of the works of Augustine in chronological order.
Dr. Wilson's thesis at Oxford was on the works of Augustine.
He has also published a book on the topic.
Therefore, Dr. Wilson is one of the few who would know how Augustine changed the views of the early Church.

None of the Early Church Fathers before Augustine argued against "Free-Will", based on Dr. Wilson's research.

Therefore, your statement above cannot be correct.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
"Calvinism" goes back to the doctrine of Augustine, based on the research of Dr. Kevin Wilson, who read all of the works of Augustine in chronological order.
Dr. Wilson's thesis at Oxford was on the works of Augustine.
He has also published a book on the topic.
Therefore, Dr. Wilson is one of the few who would know how Augustine changed the views of the early Church.

None of the Early Church Fathers before Augustine argued against "Free-Will", based on Dr. Wilson's research.

Therefore, your statement above cannot be correct.

Once more your argument is without basis. The reason they didn’t argue against free will was because it wasn’t an issue. The sovereignty of God was a given. Paul, especially, opened up the Old Testament Scriptures to both Jews and Gentiles who understood sovereignty because of being under rulers and kings. Free will didn’t become a debate until Augustine wrote against Pelagius.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sovereignty of God was a given.

Was God "sovereign" when He allowed Satan to rebel against Him?

Was God "sovereign" when He allowed Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit?

Or... did God force Satan, and Adam to do the above?

• Informative
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Was God "sovereign" when He allowed Satan to rebel against Him?

Was God "sovereign" when He allowed Adam to eat of the forbidden fruit?

Or... did God force Satan, and Adam to do the above?

Was God taken by surprise when those things happened? You keep repeating the same mantra but repeating it doesn’t make it true.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep repeating the same mantra but repeating it doesn’t make it true.

You are the one who keeps referring to the "sovereignty" of God, but try to ignore the fact that God was "sovereign" before the fall.

If you think God was not "sovereign" before the fall, please show us the scripture to back up your claim.

Does your doctrine stand or fall on using the word "sovereignty", when faced with opposition?

Can you show us the words "Open Theism" in the Bible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0