Is being a Christian and liking Guns mutually exclusive?

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,387.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The Amish and Mennonite are the most pacifistic Christian groups that I am aware of, and they have no aversion to firearms; they hunt and they target shoot.

Our gun club is located near Milverton, Ontario. This is in the heart of Amish and Mennonite country. We have many members who are Amish and Mennonite, for the Old order, we have provided a 40' hitching rail for those who still use horses for their primary transportation, and it gets a lot of use. A number of our Mennonite members even shoot handgun. Neither group would use their guns against another person, even for self defense.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Amish and Mennonite are the most pacifistic Christian groups that I am aware of, and they have no aversion to firearms; they hunt and they target shoot.

Our gun club is located near Milverton, Ontario. This is in the heart of Amish and Mennonite country. We have many members who are Amish and Mennonite, for the Old order, we have provided a 40' hitching rail for those who still use horses for their primary transportation, and it gets a lot of use. A number of our Mennonite members even shoot handgun. Neither group would use their guns against another person, even for self defense.
Thanks for that information. The next time I hear someone saying it isn't right for a Christian to have or use firearms I will tell them that.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,387.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that information. The next time I hear someone saying it isn't right for a Christian to have or use firearms I will tell them that.
We host our mandatory Possession and Acquisition Licence courses and Hunter Safety Courses; not uncommon to have half the course made up of Amish youth. We even schedule these courses to not conflict with chore time at their farms. While they dress differently and live without electricity and cars and trucks, they are just as much a part of our firearms community as everyone else. They do, however, oppose military service, and they do not participate in the governance and polity of the club.

Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't make heads or tails of the point that you are trying to make, @mozo41 .

to measure GOD with our carnal/dual mind is to make Him into an image of our own measurement which is then measured back to us ...

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
browning-black-label.jpg

Doing some pretty heavy breathing over Browning's new 380 even though a 380 isn't my choice, This one is sure sweet :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Llama MiniMax 9mm I bought new 22 years ago has the feel of a compact 1911 and shoots like a higher end unit with a crisp break and solid feel. However, I consider every inch of real estate on the body when thinking about what to carry, when. If I have a holster on the right hip I don't want the heaviest caliber, I want the most versatile and capable. IN this case the Llama is a great gun, great feel, but it only carries 8 rounds of 9mm. I have a Ruger SR9 that carries 17 rounds and loaded weighs the same as the Llama so while I like the feel and look of the Llama the Ruger is my go to. Still, that is a nice looker, even if it is a .380.
llama-minimax-45-mat-2.gif

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I like the Llama as well but the Ruger sr9 is a go anywhere and get the job done type rig.
I have run many rounds through one and found them to be great little guns.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to have a Colt 1911. Great range gun, and if I was inclined to open carry I'd probably have another. But I've never been fond of the 1911-type pistols for concealed carry. Too many things to potentially snag.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Marlin-1894-CST.jpg

Marlin 357 and shoots 38 of course too. I don't know what to think of this as it is mixing some old school cowboy action with new age combat, stars wars, zombie technology... What is your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marlin-1894-CST.jpg

Marlin 357 and shoots 38 of course too. I don't know what to think of this as it is mixing some old school cowboy action with new age combat, stars wars, zombie technology... What is your opinion?

Looks like stainless and polymer - if so, it's my kind of gun!

(Of course, I like blued and wood also, but...usually I want something tough which doesn't suffer from moisture.)

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marlin-1894-CST.jpg

And we wonder why Remington went bankrupt?

Seriously though, I wouldn't buy a Remington made Marlin at half the price they're asking.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And we wonder why Remington went bankrupt?

Seriously though, I wouldn't buy a Remington made Marlin at half the price they're asking.

Better than this:
upload_2018-5-23_18-31-4.png

I tried one at Academy and it was like Harry Bailey shaking hands with Mr. Potter. Why you're nothing more than a scurvey little spider..., slimey and wobbly and poorly fitted everywhere and didn't even feel like a rifle.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better than this:
View attachment 229437
I tried one at Academy and it was like Harry Bailey shaking hands with Mr. Potter. Why you're nothing more than a scurvey little spider..., slimey and wobbly and poorly fitted everywhere and didn't even feel like a rifle.
45D40601-EA17-4822-B23C-8456F8B7E558.jpeg

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Better than this:
View attachment 229437

WHAT is THAT?

Upvote 0