Is artistic nudity okay?

DollIsMine

Sep 7, 2012
✟15,731.00
Faith
Unitarian
Wrong. Read what I posted along with the links. And if everyone actually was one, then nobody would EVER have casual sex.

I'm already familiar with that particular neologism. I daresay most women and many men would agree that having an emotional connection to someone greatly enhances their sexual attraction to them, and nearly every human being needs some form of emotional reaction to get in the mood. Virtually no one experiences sexual attraction in a purely logical and abstract way. I really don't see 'demisexuality' as a very useful label, but then again I don't see it as beneficial to categorize sexuality beyond the broadest strokes, either.

People can and do form instant emotional bonds so casual sex can and does happen with folks who need the emotional aspect to make it happen. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard one of my friends say "I just felt like we had the connection," in the context you would imagine, I would have many dollars. Emotional connection is also how I narrate my own sexuality even when it happens at a distance the internal feeling is that there's some connection between us.

IMO if we didn't live in a society that pushes men into relating to others as objects and that denies women the ability to fully express their sexuality, even to themselves, we would almost all of us behave as 'demisexual.' Which is another way of saying I think that word describes a significant aspect of human sexuality common to nearly everyone and for that reason don't think it's a very useful label.

It also doesn't help that tumblr seems to be the birthplace and most common place to find that label, among a whole slew of needlessly-specific categories. There's a special kind of social phenomena happening in online communities like that involving a kind of identity tribalism that makes it impossible to take their self-descriptions, so packed full of recently-invented words, at face value.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good thing I decided not to do the live nude thing, because I found out this week they're going to do a male nude. Definitely not going to hang around for that.

Yes, if you could not handle the nudity of the male model, it would not be well for you to participate where there was nudity of a female model. But in the perfect design from Yahweh God it was not meant to be so.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
it seems to me that a great deal of the finer things in life require an endless humorous stream of self-deception to appreciate. me? I'm a simpleton who just sees that rather shallow surface where a pair of knockers are just that.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The question isn't whether the nudity is okay or not. It's whether you're okay with it or not. If it tempts you to lust, then it's not okay for you. If it doesn't, then there's nothing wrong with it for you.

EDIT: After reading the thread, if artistic nudity is no less sexual than inappropriate content, then there must be something wrong with me, because it doesn't do anything for me at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawthorne
Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
(blind post)

Provided that the artistic nudity is Pre-Raphaelite in nature, or is painted by by William-Adolphe Bouguereau, or one of the other great realistic painters, I have no problem with it. In fact, I would not be uncomfortable having a print of Bouguereau's Evening Mood or Nymphs and Satyr on my wall. For that matter, I wouldn't mind having a print of Rossetti's Venus Verticordia, even though Jane Burden wasn't my favourite of his models.

The works are not sexually charged, and--especially in Bouguereau's case--the colouring is spectacular. I have one of his prints (Youth - non-nudity), but he is one of a few artists whose prints I buy on sight.

I understand why some people are against nudity in art, and for some people, it would be wrong to collect it. I do not feel it is wrong that I appreciate some artistic depictions of nudity.

Upvote 0

garydoc

Mar 12, 2012
✟15,253.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nude art or photography is not inappropriate content in its simple nature. A naked body is a naked body and there is nothing wrong with that. What we bring in our hearts and minds can make simple nudity inappropriate contentographic. Nudity is neutral, unless we make it something it should not be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Nude art or photography is not inappropriate content in its simple nature. A naked body is a naked body and there is nothing wrong with that. What we bring in our hearts and minds can make simple nudity inappropriate contentographic. Nudity is neutral, unless we make it something it should not be.
NOOOOOOOOOO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!

8365d1353423498-nyc-does-not-reflect-our-entire-state-y-u-no-let-thread-die.jpg

Upvote 0

Going Merry

‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏
Mar 14, 2012
✟16,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well I think this should be pretty obvious lol
Nudity it self is not wrong. Being naked is not a sin.
Seeing someone naked is not a sin.

...But if your heart is not in the right place it's sin.
If you go around showing your body to be promiscuous then that is sin.
If you go around and your boobs fly out because they have wings then that is not sin.
Simply being naked, to do art, is not sin.
But if for you you lust after her then it is sin.
Now I don't think looking at someone and seeing them as beautiful or even attractive is sin lol, but lusting after her is

Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

Well I think this should be pretty obvious lol
Nudity it self is not wrong. Being naked is not a sin.
Seeing someone naked is not a sin.

...But if your heart is not in the right place it's sin.
If you go around showing your body to be promiscuous then that is sin.
If you go around and your boobs fly out because they have wings then that is not sin.
Simply being naked, to do art, is not sin.
But if for you you lust after her then it is sin.
Now I don't think looking at someone and seeing them as beautiful or even attractive is sin lol, but lusting after her is

red-bull-gives-you-wings2.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.