Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many if not most Christians believe that the baby is (just as important) as the mother.

((Who is anybody)) to belittle the little one?

What if that was you in there?
I guess that might make a difference?

M-Bob

I have miscarried twice over the years and I know the pain and anguish of losing a child like that all too well. I never even once thought about intentionally taking the life of any of my unborn children.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read my above posts you will see we agree abortion is wrong

Truly it is just to get the reflection of the heart as i find no other way to ask the question

Do you believe that humans are able to decide who lives and who dies? can we be cut short when God says to live on? Can we live on when God says to die?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you read my above posts you will see we agree abortion is wrong

Truly it is just to get the reflection of the heart as i find no other way to ask the question
Let me rephrase. I believe that everyone God intends to live will live. And every Soul created will have a chance to walk the earth. I do not believe that the actions of humans can change this. Therefore this is more of a moral issue....than a religious one......as God's plan cannot be halted by man.....

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think there's more than just the reflection of our hearts being seen here (Luke 6:45).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even when i was so far from God i thought genocide of non whites was acceptable i STILL struggled with the issue of killing in the womb regardless of race if that don't show how down to the core wrong it is i don't know what could

Read my testimony to know who i was before i was born again

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It seems there are two questions here.

The first is, when does the new life become a human person? I haven't seen any definitive answers of exactly when from those who hold the opinion that it is not. We would say that at conception, it is a human person. If allowed to grow, it will become a born human child (in most instances) and if nurtured, it will grow into an adult human. It's just a matter of stage. But it certainly isn't any kind of life other than human, and it clearly is alive, able to grow and move, and if female it already has the eggs that can become the next generation while still in the womb.

I realize that some consider "human person" or "human life" to have some other line in order to be true - I just haven't heard in this thread of when that is.

The second question is - is that life important/more important than the mother's. That's why I answered that question in my first post or two in this thread. It always come up. Our value (Orthodox Christians) is to preserve life. If the only way the mother can survive is to bring the child into the world, even prematurely, she can make that decision. If we had the medical ability to save the child, we would still attempt to do so. There is no sin in any of this. (If the mother chooses to risk her life in order to carry the child, as some women do who refuse cancer treatment if diagnosed during pregnancy, that is their right to decide too. No one can force such decisions on another person.)

But abortion is very rarely about saving the life of a mother who will die of it is not performed. A tubal pregnancy, perhaps, when both will die if not treated, and the baby with our current medical ability has no chance at all.

It always dissolves into talking about other issues and muddying the water. This has been discussed since the days of the Apostles - babies were being killed in utero and exposed to die after birth. In every case, Christianity condemned it as murder. (It was never done to save the mother's life at that time.) Our reasons now (except to save the mother) go against the teaching of Christianity. Period.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟118,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sick is the people who try and justify this.

I assume you are fully aware not everyone is interested in watching graphic videos that show what taking an unborn baby's life away looks like. It is disgusting for sure, and pro-choice people know it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Let me rephrase. I believe that everyone God intends to live will live. And every Soul created will have a chance to walk the earth. I do not believe that the actions of humans can change this. Therefore this is more of a moral issue....than a religious one......as God's plan cannot be halted by man.....
Can you expound and actually explain what this means? It sounds like you're saying that aborted babies don't have souls, because "every soul created will have a chance to walk the earth". Aborted babies obviously never have a chance to walk the earth, so you seem to be saying that aborted babies have no souls.

If that is your position, if you believe that all aborted babies don't have souls, then how does that play into what you believe about the morality of abortion?

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why punish murders?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems there are two questions here.

The first is, when does the new life become a human person? I haven't seen any definitive answers of exactly when from those who hold the opinion that it is not. We would say that at conception, it is a human person. If allowed to grow, it will become a born human child (in most instances) and if nurtured, it will grow into an adult human. It's just a matter of stage. But it certainly isn't any kind of life other than human, and it clearly is alive, able to grow and move, and if female it already has the eggs that can become the next generation while still in the womb.

I realize that some consider "human person" or "human life" to have some other line in order to be true - I just haven't heard in this thread of when that is.

The second question is - is that life important/more important than the mother's. That's why I answered that question in my first post or two in this thread. It always come up. Our value (Orthodox Christians) is to preserve life. If the only way the mother can survive is to bring the child into the world, even prematurely, she can make that decision. If we had the medical ability to save the child, we would still attempt to do so. There is no sin in any of this. (If the mother chooses to risk her life in order to carry the child, as some women do who refuse cancer treatment if diagnosed during pregnancy, that is their right to decide too. No one can force such decisions on another person.)

But abortion is very rarely about saving the life of a mother who will die of it is not performed. A tubal pregnancy, perhaps, when both will die if not treated, and the baby with our current medical ability has no chance at all.

It always dissolves into talking about other issues and muddying the water. This has been discussed since the days of the Apostles - babies were being killed in utero and exposed to die after birth. In every case, Christianity condemned it as murder. (It was never done to save the mother's life at that time.) Our reasons now (except to save the mother) go against the teaching of Christianity. Period.
Personhood is not a basis for anything

The fact is it IS a life no matter how anyone tries to muddy the water

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why would they censor the truth?
I knew someone would say that.

No, it's not about taking sides. Violent images, for example, could be cause to shut the thread down. Whether it was denouncing satanism or promoting martyrdom - it's not the cause. Just the visual content.

I'm not the police. I'm just trying to keep folks out of trouble and allow discussion. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Personhood is not a basis for anything

The fact is it IS a life no matter how anyone tries to muddy the water
Forgive me, it's a matter of words. Perhaps you understand them differently?

Life could mean a blade of grass. We don't give it the same importance. Human beings, persons, created in the image of God - are what we are talking about.

I apologize if you misunderstood my post. Language has its limitations. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I knew someone would say that.

No, it's not about taking sides. Violent images, for example, could be cause to shut the thread down. Whether it was denouncing satanism or promoting martyrdom - it's not the cause. Just the visual content.

I'm not the police. I'm just trying to keep folks out of trouble and allow discussion. :)
i understand your position but one must decide if bureaucracy is above truth my friend people need to see what they support

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why punish murders?
Murders, outside the wound, is punished it breaks the laws of the land.....discussion of breaking laws, and the morality of the actions are both good topics to discuss.....but should be separated.

What are your thoughts on the most prevalent type of abortion.....the Spontaneous abortion?.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
@Gregory95 @SPF side note.....Georgia just past a law prohibiting abortion of a fetus after heartbeat is detected. Is this a win for you? Can you tell me approximately how soon after conception a heartbeat can be detected?
Feel free to answer me in Reply #69 and we can continue our discussion.

Upvote 0