Is an Open Border Policy a Biblical Mandate?

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Has it expanded to Canada now or does the epoch times write from a Mexican perspective?
Actually, this article showed some Vermonters' perspectives. These are real people dealing with serious situations within their communities.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Actually, this article showed some Vermonters' perspectives. These are real people dealing with serious situations within their communities.
They sound like actual illegal aliens, not the asylum seekers you want to keep out.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"He said he’s heard most illegal immigrants traveling through Pittsburg have been “military age” men—“no women and children.”

“You walk 3,000 miles, and you look like you just came out of the mall with a phone, clean clothes, and you don’t have a bag."
"“It makes no sense to me. It’s making the nation less secure. This is not about immigration anymore. This is about national security and public safety if you look at the crime that’s occurring. It’s not about Arizona and Texas, California, and New Mexico issues. Nobody knows where the federal government is sending these people.”“It makes no sense to me. It’s making the nation less secure. This is not about immigration anymore. This is about national security and public safety if you look at the crime that’s occurring. It’s not about Arizona and Texas, California, and New Mexico issues. Nobody knows where the federal government is sending these people.”
"

View attachment 344204"“They’re coming from everywhere,” Matt told The Epoch Times. “They’re trying to go to New York. They say they have no money, but somebody comes up with the money. Their shoes are high-end. We had a family with a baby with a $300 baby crib. They have money somewhere.”
And many young Chinese men are coming through our southern border. Are any of these men trained CCP soldiers who are ready to sabotage and destroy? No one knows yet...

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And many young Chinese men are coming through our southern border. Are any of these men trained CCP soldiers who are ready to sabotage and destroy? No one knows yet...
Any story will do it seems.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do they even need a story? I don't think so anymore.
You’re the one making them up and posting them. I guess illegal economic migrants isn’t interesting enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Never trust the Canadians.
Somebody shows up with a jug of top shelf maple syrup, some okay lager, and a pile of Rush cd’s and I’ll follow them into a windowless van.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
May the following be true!

March 11, 2024, prophecy for the USA:

Corrected Link

Why, as a Catholic, would you believe a YouTube prophet?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why, as a Catholic, would you believe a YouTube prophet?

-CryptoLutheran
Because God shows no partiality towards people who strive to be righteous, I try to imitate him.

If, in the past, a prophet has been proven to be trustworthy, I will then believe his or her new prophecies until and unless one of these new prophecies is proven to be false.

Acts 10:34-35 Opening his mouth, Peter said: “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35 but in every nation the one who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him.

Ephesians 4:11-13 And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for works of ministry and to build up the body of Christ, 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.

Acts 2:17 “’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

Reactions: Adam56
Upvote 0

Jan001

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A person who strives to be righteous is a person who keeps attempting to do what is right to the best of his ability.

It is Jesus who first makes us righteous. But, then, we must continue in this righteousness until we die if we desire to be called worthy to enter eternal life.

Philippians 1:27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

2 Thessalonians 1:11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.

Revelation 3:4 Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy.

Luke 13:24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.

1 Corinthians 9:24-25

This is not the thread we should use for a discussion about this.

Reactions: Adam56
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Somebody shows up with a jug of top shelf maple syrup, some okay lager, and a pile of Rush cd’s and I’ll follow them into a windowless van.

Uh, I want pancakes too with all of that if I'm going to go into that sort of van ... :dontcare:

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh, I want pancakes too with all of that if I'm going to go into that sort of van ... :dontcare:
Drink the syrup straight from the jug. Thank me later.

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Because God shows no partiality towards people who strive to be righteous, I try to imitate him.

If, in the past, a prophet has been proven to be trustworthy, I will then believe his or her new prophecies until and unless one of these new prophecies is proven to be false.

Acts 10:34-35 Opening his mouth, Peter said: “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35 but in every nation the one who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him.

Ephesians 4:11-13 And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for works of ministry and to build up the body of Christ, 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.

Acts 2:17 “’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

I suppose this is the Lutheran in me then. It seems to me that what has been received since the beginning is sufficient; I am in need of no new revelation; I have Christ, I have His apostles, I have His Word, I have His Church, I have His Spirit in which I receive all gifts from God, to be made righteous, holy, and comforted by the Gospel and instructed in God's way.

And, from Christ, and from His Apostles, and from His Church, and from His Word, and from His Spirit I know the warnings against chasing after false teachers, false prophets, and chasing after doctrines that tickle the ears.

And so when I profess, in the Apostles' Creed, my faith in the Holy Spirit, and in Christ's one and holy catholic Church, and in the Communion of Saints, I am confessing that all that I need, and all I ought desire, is to be found here in the bosom of Christ, where there is rest for my weary soul, and comfort that only the Comforter gives. That in Word and Sacrament I receive everything; and by His Law I am restrained, to know right and wrong and, by His grace and the power of the Spirit, walk in new obedience; to confess my sins, repent, and acknowledge my unworthiness before God as a sinner; and by His Gospel I am freed, awaken and made alive by grace, with an unguilty conscience before God, for Christ having made Satisfaction on my behalf has become my righteousness before the Father, and in this grace I might trust, believe, and live as a freeman. Hoping, trusting, living in Christ and from Christ.

What could a supposed "prophet" offer me what I do not already have from two millennia of faithful Christian teaching and practice? What new insights into the mind of God could there possibly be outside of what God has already declared from the beginning? If I believe what is written, and what has been handed down to me from the very beginning, then I have an inheritance of treasure to which nothing more could be added.

Not all, wrote Tolkien, that glitters is gold.

And, no, I am not against prophets; I believe the history of the Church is filled with many prophets. But they are not those who call themselves prophets, nor do they come bearing "revelation"; but those who boldly speak the word as it has been received, even when the powers and principalities would wish to silence them.

If you were to ask me an example of a prophet in modern times, I would point to someone like Dr. Martin Luther King or Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer. The prophetic is not in "revelation" or fortune-telling; but in a faithful declaration of Christian truth.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0