Is Allah the same God as The Christian God?

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Allah is not the Christian God. That's just the feeling I get from the Koran. He is much harsher and demands ritualistic things, not a personal relationship."

AMEN!!!! Allah is a demon posing as a "god," not the God of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Zico

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbil Alameen
Jun 24, 2002
Kuwait
Visit site
✟578.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Susan
"Allah is not the Christian God. That's just the feeling I get from the Koran. He is much harsher and demands ritualistic things, not a personal relationship."

psssssss pssssssssssss

begining to spread my venom here, then moving to the next thread psssssssssssssssssssss

Upvote 0
IT IS SOOOOOO easy to see that what has occured within the three major monotheistic world religions are differences in the concept of a SINGLE deity.

Yes, I don't understand why intelligent people on this forum are confused by this simple idea.

Again, I believe that Satan deceived Mohammad, as Mohammed himself suspected, however, Islam professes to worship the God of Abraham, which is our God, which is the Jewish God, which is actually Christ.

Praise God!

Upvote 0

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Morning,
I hope u r well. First of all, my purpose here is not to argue about whether the Christian God and Allah are the same but to comment on some of the posts on this thread.

Allah is not the Christian God. That's just the feeling I get from the Koran. He is much harsher and demands ritualistic things, not a personal relationship

What makes you think Allah is more harsher than what you believe to be the Christian God?
As far as demanding ritualistic things is concerned, there is a deeper significance behind all of the rituals than just going through the actions. Indeed, if a person just performs the rituals for the sake of going through the actions, then there is really no point of doing so. For example, the five daily prayers may look like a ritual to any non-muslim. But the point of these prayers is not just to go through all the actions... the point is to remember Allah (with hope and fear) and through these prayers we have a method of speaking directly to Allah and of becoming closer to Him. Perhaps one could even say that this 'ritual' of five daily prayers is a method of developing a 'personal relationship' with Allah. Out of curiousity, do christians have a method through which they can speak directly to God (i.e. the Father in heaven or whatever you call Him)?

I think allah is just a god that the devil made up to keep people from God the father in heaven. I think people worshiping allah are just worshiping the devil.
Do you have any proof for your claims? If you do, I think it would be beneficial if you shared it with everyone on this forum. If you don't, then I believe you should think twice about what you are saying. I know that what I am about to say is most probably very offensive to all christians and I don't mean to offend anybody but what is true must be said and the truth is that if you, I or anyone else sincerely wants to know the truth, then it is vital to ask ourselves questions like these and attempt to answer them with an open mind. If you do not have any proof, is it not possible that you yourselves are the ones deceived by the devil? Is it not possible that the satan made it look right to you to worship Jesus(AS) as God whereas he was not a God (or God in the form of a man) but a slave and prophet of the one true God? Is it not possible that some of the words that exist in the present day versions of the Bible are not from God?

Zeeshan.

Upvote 0

LadyShea

Humanist
Aug 29, 2002
Nevada
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Atheist
From a purely historical perspective Allah and YWH are the same deity, the God of Abraham as Souljah pointed out

According to the Bible, the patriarch Abraham had two sons: one (Ishmael) by his wife's servant Hagar, and one (Isaac) by his wife Sarah?. According to this account, Jews are descended from Isaac's son Jacob, also called Israel, while Arabs are descended from Ishmael. Biblical Judaism is based on the covenant between God and "children of Israel" (descendents of Israel's twelve sons) at Sinai.

From http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Abrahamic+religions

Upvote 0

bouncer

May 30, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From a purely historic point of view it is fairly obvious to anyone who has even a little knowledge of Islam that they worship the God of Abraham. 

Yet, I hesitate to say that they worship the same God as us since they reject the deity of Jesus.  We believe that God came down to earth in human form, and Muslims(for that matter even the Jews) reject this, therefore they no longer believe in the same God as we do.  But again, from a purely historic point of view, yes we do worship the same God.

I think everyone debating this is right in their own way. The difference is subtle, but its there!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
louis booth,
your ignorance shines forth very brightly!

here is an example for those who use their brains!

suppose that three men are discussing something, but each is repeating the words of another. So in this situation we have 6 men in total.

The first man says that the man he spoke to saiys that g-d is a loving g-d. The second person says that the man he spoke to says that g-d is non-existence. The third person says that the man he spoke to says thatg-d came down in the form of a man. Are these men speaking about three different beings or do they have different ideas about the same being?

Case closed!!!

souljah, the idea that muslims are deceived by satan is a purely subjective observation. You can never provide proof, but how about some evidence for that claim? The three religions speak for themselves. If Yahweh is g-d, then I would rather worship his opposite. If Yeshuwh(AS) is g-d, then I might as well find another great HUMAN being to worship since he is no longer in the flesh. If Polytheism and idolatry in all its disguises are tru then there is no need to respect human life since we are not really a unified family.

no, I think I will continue to worship Allah, the ONE G_D, no division in its nature, the truly merciful, truly loving, creator, that which requires nothing so illogical as vicarious blood sacrifice as atonement when g-d should be able to forgive just by saying it. Yhe Christian laws require that g-d adhere to laws that HE CREATED, ON ORDER TO "SAVE" MANKIND"LOL!cHRISTIANITY rquires that man be considered the sinful product of sinless g-d that MAN committed sin BEFORE WE knew what right and wrong were!hmmm

I invite you all to worship Allah in oneness.

peace and blessings

Upvote 0
Originally posted by s0uljah
Yes, I don't understand why intelligent people on this forum are confused by this simple idea.

Again, I believe that Satan deceived Mohammad, as Mohammed himself suspected, however, Islam professes to worship the God of Abraham, which is our God, which is the Jewish God, which is actually Christ.

Praise God!

souljah, please provide evidence and proof that Satan deceived Muhammad(SAW), oh wait a minute you said you believe, not you KNOW, but anyway I await your proof and evidence for this assertion.

peace and blessings

Upvote 0

JLovesUSo

Aug 18, 2002
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟360.00
Faith
Christian
I found this site (and yes, I must preface that it is a christian apologetics site...) to be very imformative on the differences between Muslim and Christian.

http://www.dianedew.com/islam.htm#1

IMO, Jesus Christ is the still the "stumbling block" to many religions - as He said He would be.

"The Stone that the builders rejected, Has become it's chief cornerstone.  Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder."

"Therefore hear the parable of the Sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches it away what was sown in his heart."

Upvote 0

bouncer

May 30, 2002
Canada
Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by ansarthemystic

if Allah is not the G-D, then how in the world did it have power to sen GabriEL(AS)?

Obviously, Christians do not believe that Gabriel ever visited Muhammed.

Originally posted by ansarthemystic

souljah, the idea that muslims are deceived by satan is a purely subjective observation. You can never provide proof, but how about some evidence for that claim? The three religions speak for themselves. If Yahweh is g-d, then I would rather worship his opposite. If Yeshuwh(AS) is g-d, then I might as well find another great HUMAN being to worship since he is no longer in the flesh. If Polytheism and idolatry in all its disguises are tru then there is no need to respect human life since we are not really a unified family.

Your reasons here are so incoherent and illogical, that I wonder if you are as knowledgable as you claim to be.  You say we can never provide proof and in the same breath demand proof.  Yes, there is no proof and the reasoning, though invalid, for such an assumption goes as follows:

We know Jesus is God, and Islam rejects this. So, Islam is NOT from God.  Anything which is not from God is from Satan.

Therefore, Islam is from Satan.

Well obviously this is false reasoning, but the same kind of reasoning many muslims (probably even yourself) will use to say that Christianity is from Satan, or that Christians have been deceived by Satan.

Next, Yahweh is the same God of Abraham and Moses who muslims now call Allah. I dont understand why you would worship his opposite.  And if Jesus was God, then he was NOT any mere human who happened to be great. So again, I dont know what your point is.  In any case if either Yahweh or Jesus is God, you are better off worshipping them no matter what you think of them.  You know the consequences.

Also, having lived in India, and among Hindus, who are polytheists, I happen to know that hinduism in its truest form has one of the greatest respect for human life, or life in general.  No idea what unified family you are referring to.....

Following your line of reasoning, would it be fair for me to say; If Allah is God, I would rather worship a loving and merciful God found in the Bible, rather than one whose religion breeds terrorists who find the need to kill innocent people, whose prophet married a child of the age of 9, whose people are the cause of almost all known conflicts in the world today...........?

no, I think I will continue to worship Allah, the ONE G_D, no division in its nature, the truly merciful, truly loving, creator, that which requires nothing so illogical as vicarious blood sacrifice as atonement when g-d should be able to forgive just by saying it. Yhe Christian laws require that g-d adhere to laws that HE CREATED, ON ORDER TO "SAVE" MANKIND"LOL!cHRISTIANITY rquires that man be considered the sinful product of sinless g-d that MAN committed sin BEFORE WE knew what right and wrong were!hmmm

Christianity requires no such things.  I think you need to spend some more time really studying Christianity in order to understand it truly.  If you did understand it, you would know that Christianity does not require God to "adhere to laws he created".  We believe God came down out of love for us.(John 3:16, i'm sure you know that one).  The theme in the Bible has been, 'the least among you is the greatest' and God himself set an example by becoming that lowly creation--a human.  Sure, he could have chosen to forgive us just by saying it, but what greater example of love can there be? 

In a different discussion with a muslim friend, he was adamant in saying that God could have come down as a human but DID NOT since he is above such things.  All I could think of at the time was, our concept of God is so different!  We believe that God is the greater in his mercy, in his love, by becoming a lower being.  You believe God is Omnipotent, merciful and loving; everything we believe in, but you also belive He is above certain things, like a master who is above doing the things his slaves do.

God to us is a master and at the same time a friend and a personal companion.  He is above us but we believe he chose not to be. 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
souljah, please provide evidence and proof that Satan deceived Muhammad(SAW), oh wait a minute you said you believe, not you KNOW, but anyway I await your proof and evidence for this assertion.

"I am the Truth, the Way, and the Life. Nobody comes to the Father except through me." - Jesus Christ

Islam teaches that Jesus is simply a prophet, and that He is not the way to God.

Therefore, they are contradictory teachings. I believe Jesus Christ, and if that is the case, Islam must be wrong. If Islam is wrong, then Gabriel (the real one) couldn't have spoken against Jesus Christ. Even Mohammed wasn't sure if it was a demon in disguise.

Upvote 0
From a purely historical standpoint catholics are a bloody religion. Now I don't agree with the "purely" historical standpoint, I hope you dont' either.

Louis-

Such a statement serves only to divide us. True Christians, no matter if they are "protestants" burning witches, or "Catholics" in the Inquisitions, woud not do such things.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2713welcome3-med.jpg

Upvote 0
bouncer,
"Obviously, Christians do not believe that Gabriel ever visited Muhammed."

But who sent Gabriel?

"Your reasons here are so incoherent and illogical, that I wonder if you are as knowledgable as you claim to be. You say we can never provide proof and in the same breath demand proof. Yes, there is no proof and the reasoning, though invalid, for such an assumption goes as follows:"

You see I got you! There is a difference to proof and evidence. I asked for evidence and Souljah gave it to me, and it was subjective still!

"Well obviously this is false reasoning, but the same kind of reasoning many muslims (probably even yourself) will use to say that Christianity is from Satan, or that Christians have been deceived by Satan."

This kind of reasoning is false I agree, which is why muslims,including me, must not use it, but certain christians do use it. However, I will never say that christianity comes from Satan. Christianity is very mixed up just like Israelite religion. Evidence and proof is the number of denominations and the differing opinions within each denomination. Some christians worship EL, some worship Yahweh. They are two distinct beings,ask the catholics. Yahweh is an evil being, although he is not Satan, he is evil nonetheless.He is a nother jinn type being, with the abilityto do good and evil. This jealous being wants to own a specific froup of people:the Israelites. Read the OT and see what Yahweh does and demands. See the difference between the Loving Father El?

"And if Jesus was God, then he was NOT any mere human who happened to be great. So again, I dont know what your point is. In any case if either Yahweh or Jesus is God, you are better off worshipping them no matter what you think of them. You know the consequences."

IF Yeshuwah(AS) was g-d, which he was and is not, so I am still better off worshipping a great human being as long as I make that great human being a g-d like christianity did. And Yahweh, once again is NOT g-d.

"Also, having lived in India, and among Hindus, who are polytheists, I happen to know that hinduism in its truest form has one of the greatest respect for human life, or life in general. No idea what unified family you are referring to....."

You really haven't learned enough, it seems, about polytheism and Hinduism to see that they truly do not respect human life.Unified family that I speak of is humanity. Anything that creates division among mankind is an enemy to mankind. This includes religion, caste system, each human group having separate g-ds,etc.... This is why christianity is not a religion, but a relationship(albeit a perceived relationship in my mind) with Yeshuwah haMashiach, and Islam is a philosophy governing a way of life. Polytheism allows people to have their own g-ds, thus creating the climate for murder of others in the name of g-d. Hinduism has no respect for human life b/c human beings are placed in categories that Allah did not create, causing strife and unfair and differential treatment of human beings. This is ANTI-LIFE.

"Following your line of reasoning, would it be fair for me to say; If Allah is God, I would rather worship a loving and merciful God found in the Bible, rather than one whose religion breeds terrorists who find the need to kill innocent people, whose prophet married a child of the age of 9, whose people are the cause of almost all known conflicts in the world today...........?"

This is indeed sophistry b/c you did not understand my line of reasoning in the first place so this conclusion you insist my argument breeds is false b/c my reasoning does not support this conclusion.Furthermore, the idea that the g-d of the bible is more loving and merciful than Allah is totally subjective, based on the false premise that the bible does not speak of three g-ds(EL,Yahweh,Shaitan,two of which are not g-d at all), and the false assumption Islam actually breeds terrorists., and the false assumption that Allah shows no love and merscy, and that the bible g-d always does. But I understand why you made the statement,even though is was not based on UNDERSTANDING OF MY COMMENTS. Hope I clarified it a little :confused:

"Christianity requires no such things. I think you need to spend some more time really studying Christianity in order to understand it truly. If you did understand it, you would know that Christianity does not require God to "adhere to laws he created". We believe God came down out of love for us.(John 3:16, i'm sure you know that one). The theme in the Bible has been, 'the least among you is the greatest' and God himself set an example by becoming that lowly creation--a human. Sure, he could have chosen to forgive us just by saying it, but what greater example of love can there be? "

Sorry my friend, but even though g-d may not require it, the existence of christianity IS dependent on the idea that original sin is true, vicarious atonement is true, resurrection is true, Yeshuwah is g-d is true,etc... These all REQUIRE that g-d adhere to his own law: that the wages of sin is death , and the only way to correct it is to sacrifice his "son". Instead of just forgiving us sin, he did this; christians say that he did it out of love but I will talk about that later.

"In a different discussion with a muslim friend, he was adamant in saying that God could have come down as a human but DID NOT since he is above such things. All I could think of at the time was, our concept of God is so different! We believe that God is the greater in his mercy, in his love, by becoming a lower being. You believe God is Omnipotent, merciful and loving; everything we believe in, but you also belive He is above certain things, like a master who is above doing the things his slaves do."

I would agree with the muslim except for the part about g-d being above such things. I simply say that Alllah did no such thing. Also Christians seem to talk of love in the emotional sense. Agape does not mean that Allah will do anything for you, but that he loves you unconditionally. With this in mind you have to ask yourself if love is a subjective emotion or not. If G-d loves then love is not an emotion. If love is an emotion, g-d does not love. But, then how can humans express love if it is something g-d has? Easy, think of life. Existence is not a human thing but a gift given to all living thing by G-d. Love is the same thing. Emotional human love is merely an expression of the love G_d has given us, limited by our finite mechanism for expressing it(our body and brain).Allah for us is also a friend and pesonal companion, but unlike any other we could ever have.Coming down in the form of a human is not an act of friendship, muslims believe.

souljah,
"Therefore, they are contradictory teachings. I believe Jesus Christ, and if that is the case, Islam must be wrong. If Islam is wrong, then Gabriel (the real one) couldn't have spoken against Jesus Christ. Even Mohammed wasn't sure if it was a demon in disguise."

This is still subjective knowledge, or belief.We don't even know if Yeshuwah(AS) said such a thing or that it means what you think it means. I have already showed you that in other posts. The church has TOLD you what that verse you quoted "means", without providing to belivers the text in Aramaic, it's Greek translation, its refernce in the Hebrew scriptures, or the understanding that that phrase would have conveyed in its context. The idea that the Prophet(SAW) wasn't sure that it was a demon in disguise is a false story that certain christian missionaries are spreading based on their understanding hadith readings. The Prophet(AS) was unsure why Allah would choose him ,and he was unsure if he could be really a rasul(messenger) and nabiy(prophet). And prophet means something different in Islam than is other religions and ideologies.

gunnysgt,

what does that post mean? Surely you aren't suggesting that American soldiers and Israeli soldiers aren't terrorists as well! Define terrorist please.Or are you saying that American soldiers are terrorizing Islam? The two words islamic terrorist are mutually exclusive. Just like one can not be a theist and an atheist. A christian and a pedophile. A muslim and a terrorist. They cancel each other out!

peace and blessings
assalamu alaikum
shalom aleykom

Upvote 0

zeeshan

Aug 10, 2002
Visit site
✟163.00
Good Morning,
I hope all of you are well. :)  Again, my purpose is to comment on some things posted in this thread.

Therefore, they are contradictory teachings. I believe Jesus Christ, and if that is the case, Islam must be wrong. If Islam is wrong, then Gabriel (the real one) couldn't have spoken against Jesus Christ. Even Mohammed wasn't sure if it was a demon in disguise.

You know what, all Muslims also believe Jesus(AS). Gabriel(AS) never spoke against Jesus(AS). What we don't believe is what the present day versions of the bible say about Jesus(AS). The present day versions of the Bible were not only compiled after Jesus(AS) left this Earth but even the words in them were chosen after Jesus(AS) left this Earth. The words of the Quran, on the other hand were chosen by God (-> The one true God...i.e. Allah) and alot of the companions of the prophet Muhammad(SA) memorized these words very soon after they were revealed (whilst the prophet Muhammad(SA) was still living). Those who could read and write amongst the companions had written copies of the words of Allah with them. The Quran was written from the memory directly without changing any words and without the addition or subtraction of any words. Hence, We believe that the Quran today (billions of copies exactly the same) is still the word of the one true God word for word. That is one of the reasons why I look to the Quran when there is a conflict between the Quran and the present day versions of the Bible. The Quran tells us that Jesus(AS) was not like us in that he was a prophet of the one true God but he was a human being....he was not the son of God. Where did you get the idea that prophet Muhammad(SA) wasn't sure if it was a demon in disguise?

Following your line of reasoning, would it be fair for me to say; If Allah is God, I would rather worship a loving and merciful God found in the Bible, rather than one whose religion breeds terrorists who find the need to kill innocent people, whose prophet married a child of the age of 9, whose people are the cause of almost all known conflicts in the world today...........?

Allah is loving and merciful as well....whenever a Muslim starts doing something he/she says 'In the name of Allah, the Beneficient, the Merciful'. However, He also possesses alot of other qualities besides these. No offense meant but if you think Islam breeds terrorists who find the need to kill innocent people, then you need to find out more about Islam. The people who kill innocent people and commit terrorist activities do so despite Islam, not because of it. I am not going to argue with you that Muslims are the cause of almost all conflicts in the world (although that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it) but there are cases where Muslims are oppressing others (again, this is not because of Islam, it is despite it). The point that Muslims are trying to make on this forum is not that whatever Muslims are doing today is right but rather that the religion of Islam is the truth and the best path to follow. As far as the prophet(SA) marrying a person so young is concerned, you must realize that the social customs of Arabia were very, very different 1400 years ago than what they are in North America so a conclusion reached based on such a premise is not valid because the premise doesn't give a good reason for the conclusion. In other words, it doesn't make sense to conclude something about a person who has lived in another society in another time based on our society in our times.

Take care. :)

Your brother in humanity,

Zeeshan.

Upvote 0