Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't have a problem with the concept of unity.. if you look at what I said I said the idea that the church was NOT meant to be visible as a UNITED body...

I absolutely believe in the unity of the church. What I do not believe in is the idea that the church is meant to be some amorphous egalitarian group of individuals who are loosely connected by an solely invivisble spiritual bond.

You don't believe in the invisible Holy Spirit of God?

The kingdom heaven is within you, that is true, but it is also in the church visible. You can't say you believe in the unity of the body of Christ, then deny its corperate nature.

But aren't you? Are you a member of the Body? Do I have to join the Anglican church to become visible? Or can you see me if I am standing in front of you?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You don't believe in the invisible Holy Spirit of God?

But aren't you? Are you a member of the Body? Do I have to join the Anglican church to become visible? Or can you see me if I am standing in front of you?

Yes, of course I beleive in the Holy Spirit... Perhaps I should suggest that you don't believe in a visible Bodily Jesus because you question the visible nature of the church?? Be reasonable.

Further, you don't have to join the anglican church to be part of the visible church.. but you and I, and any number of other people standing next to each other do not a body make.
A body is bound together, it is not a loose collection of individuals.. it is something that when united as one is greater than the some of its parts.. it is an entity that supercedes its mere individual parts.

Obviously the body is given life by the indwelling, invisible Spirit. However, just like in an individual life... if the effects of the Spirit are not outwardly visible, then it is unlikely that the Spirit is really there.

The body has structure, and it is visible. If it is not visible, it probably isn't given life by the Spirit.

I'm not saying that you must join any particular denomination, or that all denominations must have organizational unity. Denomination is a man made phenomenon condemned by scripture, but it would seem that people refuse to do without them.

The point is that structure is not denomination, structure existed before denomination, and it will continue to exist in all true churches.

For my part I'm willing to recognize anyone of any denomination, who maintains a basic level of orthodox beleif and practice as part of the visible church.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, of course I beleive in the Holy Spirit... Perhaps I should suggest that you don't believe in a visible Bodily Jesus because you question the visible nature of the church?? Be reasonable.

Further, you don't have to join the anglican church to be part of the visible church.. but you and I, and any number of other people standing next to each other do not a body make.
A body is bound together, it is not a loose collection of individuals.. it is something that when united as one is greater than the some of its parts.. it is an entity that supercedes its mere individual parts.

Obviously the body is given life by the indwelling, invisible Spirit. However, just like in an individual life... if the effects of the Spirit are not outwardly visible, then it is unlikely that the Spirit is really there.

The body has structure, and it is visible. If it is not visible, it probably isn't given life by the Spirit.

I'm not saying that you must join any particular denomination, or that all denominations must have organizational unity. Denomination is a man made phenomenon condemned by scripture, but it would seem that people refuse to do without them.

The point is that structure is not denomination, structure existed before denomination, and it will continue to exist in all true churches.

For my part I'm willing to recognize anyone of any denomination, who maintains a basic level of orthodox beleif and practice as part of the visible church.

Huh? :) There is some double-speak in your post.

Look brother, satan himself already fled from me; So no one is going to take away my faith in Christ and what He has in store for me with their words. If satan couldn't do it then no man can either. Now, I'm not accusing you of trying to do that or saying that satan is using you in any way. But you are barking up the wrong tree trying to change what I know based on the Word of God.

I would share my dream with you; A prayer I have held within for a very long time but Jesus told me not too. What we pray in secret will be rewarded us openly. So I cannot tell you what it is I am praying for and going to see in the future; If I did, then I would be seeking approval of men in doing so. I know there are MANY peoples who want it too so I am not alone in this dream. When it comes to pass, I will not receive one iota of credit for this dream and prayer; For it was first the prayer of my High Priest Jesus Christ and He receives all credit and praise for it.

I suggest that you not post in a thread about our High Priest's most beautiful prayer for the human race; Quite frankly I cannot imagine why you would question it in the first place.

God bless you and yours,
JS

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Huh? :) There is some double-speak in your post.

Look brother, satan himself already fled from me; So no one is going to take away my faith in Christ and what He has in store for me with their words. If satan couldn't do it then no man can either. Now, I'm not accusing you of trying to do that or saying that satan is using you in any way. But you are barking up the wrong tree trying to change what I know based on the Word of God.

I would share my dream with you; A prayer I have held within for a very long time but Jesus told me not too. What we pray in secret will be rewarded us openly. So I cannot tell you what it is I am praying for and going to see in the future; If I did, then I would be seeking approval of men in doing so. I know there are MANY peoples who want it too so I am not alone in this dream. When it comes to pass, I will not receive one iota of credit for this dream and prayer; For it was first the prayer of my High Priest Jesus Christ and He receives all credit and praise for it.

I suggest that you not post in a thread about our High Priest's most beautiful prayer for the human race; Quite frankly I cannot imagine why you would question it in the first place.

God bless you and yours,
JS
and I'm the one with the double speak?

Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do I believe God created the entire three-dimensional universe? Yes. Will I ever become 'clear' to you Simon Templar? By the fact that you continue to try and label me I would say no.

Do I believe everyone who ever lived will be 'saved'? Who am I to say what God has planned? Do you know 100% of God's plan Simon Templar? Some choose doom and gloom and of course, and so it appears that's what they get. But I digress, there are still millions upon millions of men who love labels in which to use to approve of a human being or dismiss them; Of course, this is sitting in His judgment seat.

Again, I am completely baffled why you question the prayer of our High Priest Jesus Christ. We are either for Him or against Him.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,832.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do I believe God created the entire three-dimensional universe? Yes. Will I ever become 'clear' to you Simon Templar? By the fact that you continue to try and label me I would say no.

Do I believe everyone who ever lived will be 'saved'? Who am I to say what God has planned? Do you know 100% of God's plan Simon Templar? Some choose doom and gloom and of course, and so it appears that's what they get. But I digress, there are still millions upon millions of men who love labels in which to use to approve of a human being or dismiss them; Of course, this is sitting in His judgment seat.

Again, I am completely baffled why you question the prayer of our High Priest Jesus Christ. We are either for Him or against Him.
I don't disagree with anything Jesus said.

But I find it interesting that you accuse me of "double speak" and then when I notice in your posts across several threads that you appear to be alluding to a universalist concept of salvation, and I ask you if you're a universalist, your response is essentially to refuse to answer the question with a bunch of double talk.

You keep equating your views with the words of Christ... but what you believe, is not synonymous with what Jesus Christ said. You keep trying to insinuate that because I question you.. I'm against Christ.. but I'm sorry.. you are not Christ, and your words are not his words.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't disagree with anything Jesus said.

You sure?

But I find it interesting that you accuse me of "double speak" and then when I notice in your posts across several threads that you appear to be alluding to a universalist concept of salvation, and I ask you if you're a universalist, your response is essentially to refuse to answer the question with a bunch of double talk.

You keep equating your views with the words of Christ... but what you believe, is not synonymous with what Jesus Christ said. You keep trying to insinuate that because I question you.. I'm against Christ.. but I'm sorry.. you are not Christ, and your words are not his words.

Sure I am. All members of the Body are in Christ and Christ in them just as the Father is in Jesus and Jesus in the Father. I have put on the mind of Christ, a Scripture you must not know. What you forgive will be forgiven you; What you do not forgive will not be forgiven you. If we all forgive then all will be forgiven. It's really simple and so many keep diluting the simple truth. Another question for you: Is the lake of fire reserved for human souls? I'll help you. NO! Are there human souls that desire it? YES!

Here's something else you don't believe:

1st Corinthians 15:23 - 26

But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, then comes the end when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. For He (Jesus Christ) must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. THE LAST ENEMY THAT WILL BE ABOLISHED IS DEATH

Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:cry:I will feel like crying for 1000 years.

Is this supposed to be humorous? I see that you are not a believer in Christ so why are you posting in a christians only forum? Are you mocking us or are you beginning to see that He was the Truth. If you are beginning to see it, then why not just repent admit you're not perfect and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this supposed to be humorous? I see that you are not a believer in Christ so why are you posting in a christians only forum? Are you mocking us or are you beginning to see that He was the Truth. If you are beginning to see it, then why not just repent admit you're not perfect and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour?

Servant, Breetai was just saying that he will feel sad for a long time knowing that many are suffering an eternity in hell while he is in paradise. I've known Breetai on this forum for many years and can easily vouch for him - he is a believer. You simply misunderstood what he was trying to say. Hope that straightens things out.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

JesusServant

Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Servant, Breetai was just saying that he will feel sad for a long time knowing that many are suffering an eternity in hell while he is in paradise. I've known Breetai on this forum for many years and can easily vouch for him - he is a believer. You simply misunderstood what he was trying to say. Hope that straightens things out.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

I assumed He was a believer in past posts I ran across; but every time I assume, you know what happens ;)

Guess I got caught in my own logic again; didn't see the label on his profile yet I hate labels. :D

Breetai, do not worry about what you cannot control. This will cause depression (sackcloth and ashes)... Just trust in Him. Don't think that Jesus is not able to redeem His people and if people cannot even make a simple decision to love instead of hate then what can we do about it but pray?

God bless,
nutjob JS ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.