1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Iowan's where are you???? (3)

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by ChrisBot, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Phoebe

Phoebe TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad

+75
    Lutheran
    Married
    BTW: Had a few simple tests run Saturday at the fair...
    BP was 97/76
    Body fat 24.5%
    BMI 22.1
    Weight 133.4 lbs.
    I seem normal enough. LOL

2. Flipper

Flipper Flippant Dolphin

+195
    Lutheran
    Married

If you are a kid absolutely not reversable, and it could be years before you see anything - the effects are similar to lead poisoning, lowered IQ and cognitive function, etc. Mercury is also linked to some of the autism spectrum disorders. That's why they say to limit the seafood when you are pregnant, because it will travel in-vitro.

As an adult, your body should be able to naturally chelate it better than a kid. It can mess with your head, but not necessarily like with a kid. It's just not good.

3. LightHearted

LightHearted No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm

+561
    Catholic
    Married
    There are other great ways to get your Omega-3's, Kim. Salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts, halibut, shrimp, tofu, and soybeans are all high in Omega-3's. You could always just take an Omega-3 supplement, too. (They can have a bad aftertaste, though.)

4. Phoebe

+75
    Lutheran
    Married
    I like shrimp and salmon. :) I was also consuming plenty of that stuff. Didn't make much difference, though. Exercising is my best bet.

5. StarryEyes

StarryEyes Guest

+0
    I don't eat as much fish or nuts as I should, so I take salmon fish oil capsules to get my omega 3's :wave:

Need to get back to exercising again.. been sleeping so-so lately so not feeling much like exercise^_^

>>SHOUT OUT<< to all fellow Iowans!!!! :wave:

6. PegasusOnFire

PegasusOnFire is currently unsupervised...

+732
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Alice is very mobile now, crawling everywhere. Mary had surgery on her ears on October 13th due to multiple ear infections, Christian is doing great in homeschooling.

7. StarryEyes

StarryEyes Guest

+0
    Awww.. how is Mary doing now?

8. PegasusOnFire

+732
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    she is doing great, she is getting over a cold, but no more ear infections.

9. LightHearted

LightHearted No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm

+561
    Catholic
    Married
    Happy New Year, ladies. :)

10. PegasusOnFire

+732
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Happy New Year to you as well.

11. Flipper

Flipper Flippant Dolphin

+195
    Lutheran
    Married
    Sorry haven't been on here in a while. It's just easier to be on Facebook I guess. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

We are this close to getting our adoption referral. I'm carrying my cell phone on me 24/7. Very exciting. When it happens, I'll probably announce on our blog first, and on Facebook. PM me if you want my blog address.

For the first of the year, I rededicated myself to losing weight and getting in better shape and joined a gym with a few friends, some of whom have been going for years, so it wasn't like a fad for all of us. Also joined Weight Watchers. I had been good about doing either cardio kickboxing or Zumba at least 2x a week until last week when I fell on ice on my driveway and broke my left wrist in 2 places. I'm in the second of 3 weeks with a regular cast, then I move to a splint for 3 weeks. Yuck! However I did lose in WW this week, so I just need to be extra careful.

That's pretty much everything that's going on. The husband is doing well. Family is well. Middle sister is pregnant and due in May - having a girl. Now the nieces will outnumber the nephews. :D

12. Phoebe

+75
    Lutheran
    Married
    My 25 year class reunion is August 14. I'm exercising again to get ready for that. Heh, heh, heh... Take that!
    Flipper, you're about as talented as Mark. He cracked a bone in his left leg a few weeks ago trying not to fall on the ice. He's back to work now.

13. Flipper

Flipper Flippant Dolphin

+195
    Lutheran
    Married
    My 20th is in June, but I don't think I'm going.

14. StarryEyes

StarryEyes Guest

+0
    My 5 year class reunion was a couple of years ago but I didn't go to it..

15. PegasusOnFire

+732
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    my 10 year was last year on Mary's 2nd birthday, needless to say we did not attend.

16. Flipper

Flipper Flippant Dolphin

+195
    Lutheran
    Married
    God has blessed us with the referral of a 5 year old boy and 4 year old girl. The Ethiopian courts get to decide if they agree with God's blessing in 4-6 weeks.

17. PegasusOnFire

+732
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    that is exciting

18. vortexting

vortexting Newbie

+2
    Christian
    Single
    Repping the Quad-Cities, here!

19. PegasusOnFire

+732
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    welcome

20. AshleyLiz

AshleyLiz *Beloved*

+5
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hey everyone! I'm from south central Iowa. :) :wave: