Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That would explain alot. :p
I was eating it frequently.:sorry::doh: What kind of brain problems? Are they reversable?

If you are a kid absolutely not reversable, and it could be years before you see anything - the effects are similar to lead poisoning, lowered IQ and cognitive function, etc. Mercury is also linked to some of the autism spectrum disorders. That's why they say to limit the seafood when you are pregnant, because it will travel in-vitro.

As an adult, your body should be able to naturally chelate it better than a kid. It can mess with your head, but not necessarily like with a kid. It's just not good.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are other great ways to get your Omega-3's, Kim. Salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts, halibut, shrimp, tofu, and soybeans are all high in Omega-3's. You could always just take an Omega-3 supplement, too. (They can have a bad aftertaste, though.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sorry haven't been on here in a while. It's just easier to be on Facebook I guess. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

We are this close to getting our adoption referral. I'm carrying my cell phone on me 24/7. Very exciting. When it happens, I'll probably announce on our blog first, and on Facebook. PM me if you want my blog address.

For the first of the year, I rededicated myself to losing weight and getting in better shape and joined a gym with a few friends, some of whom have been going for years, so it wasn't like a fad for all of us. Also joined Weight Watchers. I had been good about doing either cardio kickboxing or Zumba at least 2x a week until last week when I fell on ice on my driveway and broke my left wrist in 2 places. I'm in the second of 3 weeks with a regular cast, then I move to a splint for 3 weeks. Yuck! However I did lose in WW this week, so I just need to be extra careful.

That's pretty much everything that's going on. The husband is doing well. Family is well. Middle sister is pregnant and due in May - having a girl. Now the nieces will outnumber the nephews. :D

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My 25 year class reunion is August 14. I'm exercising again to get ready for that. Heh, heh, heh... Take that!
Flipper, you're about as talented as Mark. He cracked a bone in his left leg a few weeks ago trying not to fall on the ice. He's back to work now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.