Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not from Iowa, but my "first love" is from there.
I believe he is a pastor in Clarion.

Hi. :) Welcome to our thread. I'm not sure where Clarion is. At first glance, I thought you said Clinton - that's not too far away from me. But I have no clue where Clarion is. :D

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WE are home now, and Baby Mary and Big sister Christian could have been twins at birth!!!

IM001061.jpg

Upvote 0

IowaLutheran

Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi. :) Welcome to our thread. I'm not sure where Clarion is. At first glance, I thought you said Clinton - that's not too far away from me. But I have no clue where Clarion is. :D

North central Iowa, kind of between Fort Dodge and Mason City.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Great picture Bobbie!

I made it back. O'Hare was nothing. However, there were alot of cancelled flights because of weather delays in Dallas. None of my flights were cancelled, but my boss's from O'Hare to Appleton got cancelled- she was scheduled out of Washington/ Reagan and O'Hare before I was. Luckily, she has a daughter that lives in Chicago and was able to spend the night there. As it was, my plain was one hour late getting into DSM. My flight was a plane from Dallas. We had a maintenance delay (lavatory issues), and then we had to join the line-up for takeoff.(ten planes were ahead of us) We sat on the tarmac and runway for 55 minutes.

The first takeoff was in a commuter puddle- jumper. A 30 passenger plane. At least the thing didn't have propellers. I woulda walked away if it had. :p It was like the first one or two rides at the amusement park. You have to get your "sea legs"- let your body adapt to the motion. The pressurized cabins made me feel heavy and tired. It was a chore to get myself to eat. (I loved flying into Reagan and seeing the monuments from a birds-eye view)

We stayed at the JW Marriott on Penn Avenue. (1300 block) After we got checked in, we toured the mall. We checked out the memorials- very moving. I used up a roll of film. I'll incorporate this trip into my lesson plans next week.

When I told you what this was about, I hadn't even seen the itinerary. We were 2005 recipients of a General Mills grant- Champions for Healthy Kids. We went to Senator Harkin's office on Wednesday evening for a meeting. He ended up being on the Senate floor, but we met with his aid- Jenelle. Later, there was a reception. Harkin, Senator Klobacher (sp?)of Minnesota, and a senator from New York spoke. (can't recall his name) Harkin "recognized" me and Mary by name, looked us in the eye. (we were in spitting range- maybe ten feet away)

On Thursday morning, we attended the summit. Have you heard of "Body by Jake"? Jake was one of the speakers. Sen. Amy Klobacher spoke again. Two of this year's grant recipients spoke. We got ideas on who to go to for some future grants. At the summit opening, some of the film footage from our school was shown. We'll be getting copies of that. It will be used for marketing by General Mills.

I thought I'd give you guys the run- down of the two days of events. It was moderately exciting. I wish we had planned to stay one more day. Maybe Mark and I will make a trip back. I really want to see the Holocaust Museum and the Smithsonian Museums.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We want to fly back. At least in one direction. I know I don't want flights through Dallas. I'm sure O'Hare would be another story if I had to go through security. I was lucky to get to go from one gait to another without the check-in. I just had to check the boards to find the correct gait number. I heard O'Hare will change gaits on you at the last minute. That wasn't an issue for me.

I need to go to DSM for some shopping soon. I outgrew most of my dress clothes,so I only have three or four church outfits, two of which are winter weight. I need some khakis and some other slacks. (oh yeah- I've been back in church) Speaking of which... my first Sunday back was interesting. Pastor never said a word to me that first time back. Makes ya go hmmmm... We're going to start adding on to the building this summer. We got a stained glass window at the front of the sanctuary. It looks really nice- like a church should. We'll be getting a steal roof, larger fellowship hall, new sanctuary carpeting, bigger restrooms, and a larger kitchen. There may be a few other things, but I can't recall them right off. I'm going primarily to get this thing paid for. Our attendance is way down again. Sunday School has thirty kids- that's down by about twenty. Back to square one again...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

STARINELSON

The song of the star enchants my heart
May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have added my nephew to the Presidential Prayer Team Adopt A Troop for prayers. I am posting the link for any of you to go *adopt* Randy to pray for. I know he is one of many..... and they ALL need our prayers. But, if you can please do this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

http://www.presidentialprayerteam.net/findtroop.php?TroopID=10023758

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am a newbee and don't know my way around this website very well. I live in Moline, which is right across the mississippi river from Davenport IA. Any helpful suggestions? God Bless
Sherrie

Hi Sherrie, :wave:

I live in the QC area, too.

This website is pretty big. Depending on what you like to talk about, a lot of people like starting out in their congregational forum - there's a forum for Methodists to discuss their faith amongst themselves. Another good place to start might be the Friendship Court, Deeper Fellowship, or the Women's Discussion forum.

Welcome to the website. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.