Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just found this on another messageboard:

Bobbie had Mary at 8:53 am. 7 lbs 15 oz, 20 inches.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for letting us know. :) She's been in my thoughts and prayers all day long.

Sorry, just saw this. Things are fine. Hanging in there. Adam made me trade in my Grand Prix late last month because we were coming upon the end of the extended warranty. :( I'm now driving an Acura RDX, which is a crossover SUV that drives like a sports car. I like it, but there's a soft spot on my heart for my Grand Prix - it was my favorite car. I did get an extra long extended warranty this time, so I'm good for 8 years or 120,000 miles! :thumbsup:

The trial regarding the accident I was in on my way up to Iowa the first time to meet Kim and Todd is on May 27. My lawyer still thinks I may get dismissed out of it. We'll see.

Congrats on the new car! :) I can't say that I was sad to see my car go when I bought a new in in '05. :D

Is the upcoming trial something that you would want to be dismissed from?

Boobie told me they let Christian in to meet her new baby sister & she said *Mary's crying!* hahahaa I wish I could have seen that :) Mary was hungry lol

That's precious!

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Is the upcoming trial something that you would want to be dismissed from?

I'm a defendant, so YES. Apparently, there was another accident right after ours, which I don't remember seeing, and the plaintiff is claiming that my accident caused his. It was a shock when I got served because it was 5 years later, and the insurance for the person who hit me paid for my damages.

I found out today that I settled for a nuisance value and the settlement agreement is going to state that I am not at fault. :clap: However, the guy who hit me is still in the case, so I might still get called as a witness.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you were cleared. Would it have just been a fine if they found you to be at fault? Meaning jail time was not a possibility, right?

No, it was a civil case. A lawyer for my insurance company was representing me. If I lost, my insurance company would have had to pay the judgment, but there was no way. My claims adjuster and the lawyer were scratching their heads from the beginning as to why I was in it in the first place.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ah. That's good to hear. That sounds like what happened to me in an accident that I was in about nine years ago.

The other lady was in a mini-van that was full of kids. I was in my little Saab with my ex-boyfriend. She decided to turn right in front of me. She tried to lie her way out of it, but thankfully, there were witnesses that backed my story up. A year or two after the fact, I got a court summons, and it was seemingly out of the blue. The only thing that we could think of for the reason of the case was that the lady was probably facing losing her license, and that the only way to fight it was to take it to court.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Ah. That's good to hear. That sounds like what happened to me in an accident that I was in about nine years ago.

The other lady was in a mini-van that was full of kids. I was in my little Saab with my ex-boyfriend. She decided to turn right in front of me. She tried to lie her way out of it, but thankfully, there were witnesses that backed my story up. A year or two after the fact, I got a court summons, and it was seemingly out of the blue. The only thing that we could think of for the reason of the case was that the lady was probably facing losing her license, and that the only way to fight it was to take it to court.

What happened?

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was on a road between two parking lots. There was no posted speed limit. I was going 25mph or less. The lady was going the opposite direction, and turned in front of me. I had little time to react. I swerved - I knew I wouldn't miss her van, but I saw the kids, and wanted to miss them... So I ended up hitting the rear right corner of the van. Everyone in their car was unharmed, and they were able to drive their van away. My car was totaled.

Upvote 0

LightHearted

Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I went to court, the witness to the accident testified. She was a lady that approached me at the accident scene, telling me not to worry, that she had seen everything, and that she was an insurance agent. After she testified, the judge dismissed us, said that there was no need to proceed. I never had to testify. Thankfully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm flying to Washington D.C. on Tuesday. It's a summit about health and nutrition and the fact that our afterschool program is about the only one still running from the original 21st Century grant. I fly back through O'Hare. I've never flown before. I feel like puking. Excuse me. ;)
General Mills ( a reperesentative) was at the program about three weeks ago to film and interview people.
My face made the front page of our local paper. Yay. (rolls eyes)

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm flying to Washington D.C. on Tuesday. It's a summit about health and nutrition and the fact that our afterschool program is about the only one still running from the original 21st Century grant. I fly back through O'Hare. I've never flown before. I feel like puking. Excuse me. ;)
General Mills ( a reperesentative) was at the program about three weeks ago to film and interview people.
My face made the front page of our local paper. Yay. (rolls eyes)

Sounds exciting!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.