Iowa Dem asks to withdraw vote for Buttigieg after learning he’s in gay ‘marriage’

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iowa Dem asks to withdraw vote for Buttigieg after learning he’s in gay ‘marriage’

CRESCO, Iowa, February 5, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) ― An Iowa caucusgoer demanded back her voting card after discovering that she had just endorsed a man in a same-sex partnership.

The unnamed woman was recorded by filmmaker Annabel Park responding in dismay to the revelation that Pete Buttigieg, a candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, is “married” to a man.

“Are you saying that he has the same-sex partner?” the voter demanded of Buttigieg’s caucus precinct captain Nikki van den Heever.

“Pete? Yes,” Van den Heever replied.

“Are you kidding? Then I don’t want anybody like that in the White House.”

The voter then asked if she could have her card back.

“I don’t know,” said Van den Heever. “You signed it. We could go ask.”

More at link: WATCH: Iowa Dem asks to withdraw vote for Buttigieg after learning he’s in gay ‘marriage’

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have not read all of the article you will see the self righteous sanctimonious position of the precinct Captain in trying to convince the woman she was wrong for doing so.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you have not read all of the article you will see the self righteous sanctimonious position of the precinct Captain in trying to convince the woman she was wrong for doing so.

Her answers weren’t great, but I still thought she handled herself pretty well facing such a shocking display of cluelessness.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Her answers weren’t great, but I still thought she handled herself pretty well facing such a shocking display of cluelessness.
I was surprised the woman did not know as well. The article says she may have changed her vote to Warren. Wonder if she knows Warren supports same sex unions.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
endorsed a man in a same-sex partnership.
From what I understand he is the wife. If Hillary had been elected would Bill have been the first man instead of the first women? Does that mean if Buttigieg is elected his husband would be the first man? I wonder if they saved those rainbow color light bulbs Obama used when he was in the white house.

Attachments

• 170627-allen-white-house-lgbt-tease_vvnh4d.jpeg
    170627-allen-white-house-lgbt-tease_vvnh4d.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

CRESCO, Iowa, February 5, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) ― An Iowa caucusgoer demanded back her voting card after discovering that she had just endorsed a man in a same-sex partnership.

The unnamed woman was recorded by filmmaker Annabel Park responding in dismay to the revelation that Pete Buttigieg, a candidate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, is “married” to a man.

“Are you saying that he has the same-sex partner?” the voter demanded of Buttigieg’s caucus precinct captain Nikki van den Heever.

“Pete? Yes,” Van den Heever replied.

“Are you kidding? Then I don’t want anybody like that in the White House.”

The voter then asked if she could have her card back.

“I don’t know,” said Van den Heever. “You signed it. We could go ask.”

More at link: WATCH: Iowa Dem asks to withdraw vote for Buttigieg after learning he’s in gay ‘marriage’

Maybe the voter should have done more homework on the prospective candidates before making a decision. She'll learn that for next time.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the voter should have done more homework on the prospective candidates before making a decision. She'll learn that for next time.
Yes where has she been. But not everyone who votes “keeps their ear to the railroad tracks” as much as others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is withdrawing votes going to be a thing in the general elections now, too?
Don’t think so. This was a party run caucus. In the caucus voters can change votes. For example if they think after the first caucus vote the candidate they voted for is non viable, they can change their vote.

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my state and likely in most other states as well, it is illegal to campaign within or near a polling place. I realize this is a caucus not a state ran poll, but are the laws regarding campaigning while voting the same?

If they are, this polling worker should not be allowed to be a poll worker because her trying to change the voters mind while at the "polling place" would be considered campaigning where it is (at least in my state) illegal. In my state you can't wear a candidate's hat or t-shirt, pass out or post literature, or even discuss the issues or candidates with another voter standing in line to vote. Trying to get a voter to change a vote by any means and for any reason whether right or wrong within the polling place no matter how, is not proper and likely illegal there too.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my state and likely in most other states as well, it is illegal to campaign within or near a polling place. I realize this is a caucus not a state ran poll, but are the laws regarding campaigning while voting the same?

If they are, this polling worker should not be allowed to be a poll worker because her trying to change the voters mind while at the "polling place" would be considered campaigning where it is (at least in my state) illegal. In my state you can't wear a candidate's hat or t-shirt, pass out or post literature, or even discuss the issues or candidates with another voter standing in line to vote. Trying to get a voter to change a vote by any means and for any reason whether right or wrong within the polling place no matter how, is not proper and likely illegal there too.
I think the purpose of the caucus is to influence the voters. With that in mind it was more a matter of the woman wanting to change her ballot after signing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I understand he is the wife. If Hillary had been elected would Bill have been the first man instead of the first women? Does that mean if Buttigieg is elected his husband would be the first man? I wonder if they saved those rainbow color light bulbs Obama used when he was in the white house.
I think he would be called the first partner or the first spouse.

A title of “first man” would be too binary in nature given the era of gender confusion.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was surprised the woman did not know as well. The article says she may have changed her vote to Warren. Wonder if she knows Warren supports same sex unions.

Democrats support LGBT rights for both civil unions and marriage. Is there really a difference between an advocate for legalizing them and a person who is actually in one? I don't care. She should have known he is gay and married before going to the caucus.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Does it matter what the title is? I'm also curious to know why conservative Christians are concerned about a homosexual man in a same-sex marriage when the majority of their political party has spent the last four years supporting a twice divorced man in his third marriage to his former mistress.

(I apparently quoted the wrong post and I have corrected my mistake).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious to know why conservative Christians are morally indignant about a homosexual man in a same-sex marriage
Maybe they are not. This article is about a Democratic voter at the Iowa caucus.

It would be appreciative for you and others to stay on topic.

If mayor Pete was conservative and pro life I would consider voting for him.

It’s not like I would be voting for mayor Pete for pastor or elder of my church.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe they are not. This article is about a Democratic voter at the Iowa caucus.

It would be appreciative for you and others to stay on topic.

If mayor Pete was conservative and pro life I would consider voting for him.

It’s not like I would be voting for mayor Pete for pastor or elder of my church.
Actually, I thought she made a valid point. One it doesn't seem you read all the way thru.

• Friendly
Reactions: GACfan
Upvote 0