Investigative Judgment (Seventh day Adventists)

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You probably wonder how I could possibly write something about the Seventh day Adventist church and their aberrant teachings such as the Investigative Judgment. Because I use to be one for 25 years. One of the things in reference to the judgment is I know that we are judged before the throne of GOD. But recently I started questioning GOD in asking whether or not if He ,too, is being judged not only by us but also by the angels in an indirect way. Don't get me wrong. I know that HE is always right beyond the shadow of doubt. But it is more or less a question placed before HIM. The insight that was given to me personally is that GOD is always being questioned whether or not HE is right or wrong. If you are human, then you have gone through this process, too. whether or not if we choose to or not. My thought and question: Is GOD being judged as well as being Judge? Does this make any sense? If you understand what I am saying, I would love to hear your thoughts on this.​

Yes he is. There are a few instances in Revelation where it is finally declared by the angels that his judgement are true. I am not sure if those are the exact words but the fact is that Satan would have accused God of not being fair, of being selfish and being oppresive. All of the Angels would have heard this accusation. God had to kick Satan out of heaven but allowed him to live so that his true character can be manifested to the entire world so finally when God destroys him in the end, all the Angels could be 100% sure that the Devil was a liar. The Alternative would be for God to destroy the devil and 1/3 of the angels on the spot and that could lead to the rest of the angels serving him out of fear.

I do not know why you tied your question to the investigative judgement at all which is totally biblical but still a separate issue.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly are the elements of this
Investigative Judgment teaching?

How does it relate to the nature of God?

Let me explain it to you simply. The basic concept is that before Jesus comes a second time, there has to be a judgement that would have been carried out because when Jesus comes the dead in Christ are going to rise. Well how is it determined who is dead in Christ if there isn't going to be a judgement before the second coming? Also Revelation 22:12 tells us that Jesus is coming to give rewards to every man. The bible says it is appointment unto men once to die and after this the judgement. So at sometime after death and before the second coming there has to be a judgement to determine who are saved and who are lost. The parable in Matthew 24: 1 - 14 talks about a Wedding Feast where God sends out his servants (prophets) to invite those who were originally intended to be there (Jewish Nation). Instead not only did they reject the invitation but they killed the servants (prophets, see Matt 23:37). So God opened the invitation to whosoever will receive it and many accepted the invitation and showed up to the wedding. These people who showed up represents all the professed Christians. But notice now that one of them was missing the proper wedding garment and God checked to make sure each one has the proper garment and this one follow didn't and he was cast into outer darkness. That garment is the Righteousness of Christ but not all professed Christians would have it because they instead practice iniquity.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So the basic concept of the Investigative Judgement is that before the second coming, there has to be a judgement carried out so that each group would be properly deal with but more so those who profess to be Christians.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Do you think that makes sense?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

NOTICE! This thread has had a Cleaning of posts that were going back and forth goading/flaming one another. Please refrain from doing so. As a reminder of what that means:

Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
● Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address the content of the post and not the poster personally.
● NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys and post ratings clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
● Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
● Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0