Investigations Starting: You're a Democratic Strategist....

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well Republicans are going to start with some of their investigations pretty quick I'm sure.

If you were a Democrat strategist, what advice would you be giving to those who testify? Or, would you encourage folks NOT to testify?

Quick Reminder:
Kevin McCarty ignored a congressional subpoena
William Barr ignored a congressional subpoena
Jim Jordan ignored a congressional subpoena
Scott Perry ignored a congressional Subpoena
Wilbur Ross ignored a congressional Subpoena
Steve Bannon ignored a congressional Subpoena
Mark Meadows ignored a congressional Subpoena
Donny Trump ignored a congressional Subpoena
Donald Trump consistently attempted to have his staff ignore congressional Subpoenas
I don't think that's an exhaustive list of the previous 6 years.

Now, given all of that, I fail to see how Fauci, Hunter, or Garland have any obligation to testify. I mean, if you want to start the ball rolling down the hill, everyone gets to chase it...not just you.

Thoughts?

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟66,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I would advise every who gets a subpoena to comply and testify. Take the high ground. Show them how it's done.
The realist in me says that anytime Democrats tried that strategy, it rarely works, if not backfires. For years if not decades.

The idealist in me says that's what should happen to change this toxic culture of win at all costs and set some examples to follow.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If you were a Democrat strategist, what advice would you be giving to those who testify?
'Get a good lawyer you can trust. Here are five I recommend.'

Particularly for Merrick Garland and others currently serving Biden, there are legitimate executive privilege and three-branches-of-government issues. But the past few years have given us good examples of Trump appointees answering this but not that. So presumably these issues can be worked out. But Congressional subpoenas should not be ignored.

If I were Hunter Biden, I would ask Congress to grant me immunity in exchange for testimony and then talk all about my drug use, tax issues and gun forms at every opportunity.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Republicans are going to start with some of their investigations pretty quick I'm sure.

If you were a Democrat strategist, what advice would you be giving to those who testify? Or, would you encourage folks NOT to testify?

Quick Reminder:
Donald Trump consistently attempted to have his staff ignore congressional Subpoenas

Now, given all of that, I fail to see how Fauci, Hunter, or Garland have any obligation to testify. I mean, if you want to start the ball rolling down the hill, everyone gets to chase it...not just you.

Thoughts?
We already know people who ignore subpoenas have something to hide.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
'Get a good lawyer you can trust. Here are five I recommend.'

Particularly for Merrick Garland and others currently serving Biden, there are legitimate executive privilege and three-branches-of-government issues. But the past few years have given us good examples of Trump appointees answering this but not that. So presumably these issues can be worked out. But Congressional subpoenas should not be ignored.

For Garland, this also includes the DOJ (and it should be the policy of all prosecutors at all levels) not to discuss ongoing investigations.

There is a proposed rule that would prohibit government employees (like Garland) from bringing government lawyers. They should *absolutely* defy that "rule" if it is passed and do so for *every* executive branch subpoena.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For Garland, this also includes the DOJ (and it should be the policy of all prosecutors at all levels) not to discuss ongoing investigations.

There is a proposed rule that would prohibit government employees (like Garland) from bringing government lawyers. They should *absolutely* defy that "rule" if it is passed and do so for *every* executive branch subpoena.
I'd give up Hunter and Fauci and give a general promise of moving or replacing Garland if Democrats win the next presidency. In exchange, both sides drop the intercongressional investigations and go back to looting the country aka business as usual. Hunter doesn't have any excuse for refusing, Fauci is basically an employee they covered for with no current usefulness....Garland is useful but has a bad public reputation.

That's if I were a Democratic Party strategist....looking out for the party interests. That's the deal but the result can't be that obvious. They'd have to have prosecutors come forward occasionally saying they don't have enough to charge...or investigations have stalled without further evidence.

If they just stopped it all at once, it would look corrupt. Like a deal was made.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would advise everyone who gets a subpoena to comply and testify. Take the high ground. Show them how it's done.
Not Garland, unless ordered by a court, and appealed all the way to the Supreme Court. Even then, he would appear with counsel and probably plead the 5th.

There is a separation of powers.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

No candidate should appear without his or her choice of counsel, period. Congress can quote its rules all the way the Supreme Court and until the next election. Democrats should no issue with campaigning on the right to counsel.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If I were Hunter Biden, I would ask Congress to grant me immunity in exchange for testimony and then talk all about my drug use, tax issues and gun forms at every opportunity.

Immunity for what? Everything?

Or just the guns and tax issues and drugs....because I promise, they won't be asking about that much. Immunity is usually dependent upon cooperation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would advise everyone who gets a subpoena to comply and testify. Take the high ground. Show them how it's done.
Sadly...won't happen.

This isn't Hillary Clinton we're talking about. The Clintons may have gotten sloppy in later years but they covered their tracks. There will be some people able to effectively acquit themselves or convincingly stonewall....but too many people would get burned.

Pelosi is smart....She saw what's coming and jumped ship.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you haven't noticed....they've continually leaked both pictures and information about classified documents that are the subject of investigations...basically since the start of those investigations.

I don't see it happening. If they can't prosecute...then it appears they promote propaganda. Plugging the leaks would end their usefulness.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
If you haven't noticed....they've continually leaked both pictures and information about classified documents
Filing court documents is not leaking.

1. The photo’s release came as part of a late-night filing by attorneys with the Justice Department in the Florida court where Donald Trump has sued to require the appointment of a special master

2. A federal judge — with approval from Trump’s legal team and Justice Department lawyers — ordered Thursday that the inventory list be unsealed.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Quick Reminder:

Thoughts?
Sure! My thoughts are that Fauci, Hunter, or Garland should be publicly arrested and paraded in front of the cameras (assuming the MSM will have cameras on them) if they decide to ignore congressional subpoenas, just as many of those you listed were. Maybe even get their homes raided, just as many of those you listed had happen.

However, I guarantee you that it won't happen. Instead, excuses will be made for them by biden's people, including those in the MSM. The main excuse will be, "This congressional hearing is just a political stunt to humiliate biden, and therefore is not a legitimate hearing".

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sure! My thoughts are that Fauci, Hunter, or Garland should be publicly arrested and paraded in front of the cameras (assuming the MSM will have cameras on them) if they decide to ignore congressional subpoenas, just as many of those you listed were. Maybe even get their homes raided, just as many of those you listed had happen.
Wow! Raided homes! What a trajesty! I'm sure you'd be able to provide evidence of such a crazy claim...because my google search found nothing. Though perhaps my AlGorerhythm is not getting it done. Could you provide any evidence that such raids took place.

Or are you just gonna say I should do my own research? Cause I did....and nothing came up.

However, I guarantee you that it won't happen. Instead, excuses will be made for them by biden's people, including those in the MSM. The main excuse will be, "This congressional hearing is just a political stunt to humiliate biden, and therefore is not a legitimate hearing".

Just as a sidebar, you may want to read the OP a bit more carefully. You'll note that I wanted to hear what the "Democrat Strategist" in you would advice. I could have guessed verbatim that you would want that to happen to the three of them.

My personal thought is that I think those 3 folks are more principled than the Republicans who refused to testify. I am curious to see if my opinion of them is warranted or not.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow! Raided homes! What a trajesty! I'm sure you'd be able to provide evidence of such a crazy claim...because my google search found nothing. Though perhaps my AlGorerhythm is not getting it done. Could you provide any evidence that such raids took place.

Or are you just gonna say I should do my own research? Cause I did....and nothing came up.
The raid of Trump's home in Florida didn't come up in your "searches"? I guess it must not have happened then.

Did you do a search about the arrest of Peter Navarro? Probably not, or you would have found it: Peter Navarro speaks out on DOJ's reason given for arrest

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The raid of Trump's home in Florida didn't come up in your "searches"?
It didn't have to do with Congressional subpoenas.

And I don't think you'll be able to show Navarro 'paraded in front of the cameras' with or without leg irons.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It didn't have to do with Congressional subpoenas.

And I don't think you'll be able to show Navarro 'paraded in front of the cameras' with or without leg irons.
Then you are disagreeing with NBC News, which is a no-no. They are MSM, and never misinform us about anything.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Quick Reminder:

Thoughts?
Since Hunter is part of an ongoing investigation, he may show up to testify, but less that changes he will just be reminding them of that given advice of council. Fauci I wouldn't worry about, he's smarter than any of them. Garland is under House oversight and has to testify. Yet really, there is nothing to testify about given a special counsel. They can whine about parents who were threatening school board members and were rightly in the purview of DOJ. I mean what has become of America when you can't threaten Doctors, nurses, teachers, school board members, librarians, and poll workers?

Upvote 0