Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People who say that are either unacquainted with the inner workings of science or unacquainted with the evidence for evolution.

It's those "inner workings" that are troublesome, and very mysterious. ;)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really. Anyone can learn this stuff. Most choose not to.

Most who believe it choose not to learn it as well, but just accept it as true.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really like your approach, it's rather refreshing. Can you recommend any further reading on analogous thinking?
Jonathan Cahn's book on The Paradigm is good for helping to understand an analogy.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I actually am taking college courses relevant to evolution, and freely share that knowledge with anyone that wants it. I even dedicated an entire thread to evolution lessons, once.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of us get in on the discussion and so we have some control over the direction popular opinion will go.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my experience, the educational background of individuals on these subjects is strongly tilted in favor of the pro-science side.

And this is even reinforced based on statistics of different beliefs.

I believe this is true even though those with higher degrees may not have taken any courses specifically related to evolution. In a liberal environment one usually becomes more liberal (which is actually a case for evolution).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some of us get in on the discussion and so we have some control over the direction popular opinion will go.

I have been unable to get my incredulity into the discussion. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I actually am taking college courses relevant to evolution, and freely share that knowledge with anyone that wants it. I even dedicated an entire thread to evolution lessons, once.

I'm sure they were totally educational.

Which classes are you taking?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, it does not.

Move along.

According to most research the origin of dogs, and their connection to wolves, remains uncertain. The only thing certain is that both are canids.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Probably because it is foundationless and hackneyed.

I don't think you can get from there (the earliest life form) to here (complex life forms) by any 'natural' process, thus my incredulity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to most research the origin of dogs, and their connection to wolves, remains uncertain. The only thing certain is that both are canids.
The domestication of hunting dogs goes back further than the domestication of most other animals including herding dogs.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you can get from there (the earliest life form) to here (complex life forms) by any 'natural' process, thus my incredulity.
The process is what they call the selfish gene. It is really just a lot of speculation with very little if anything to substantiate their theory. Even Francis Collins who calls DNA the language of God still refers to the mutation theory of evolution being a driving force. Does he think that God studders?

Of course there are mutations. We know that this world is in a fallen condition and in need of redemption and restoration.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The process is what they call the selfish gene. It is really just a lot of speculation with very little if anything to substantiate their theory. Even Francis Collins who calls DNA the language of God still refers to the mutation theory of evolution being a driving force. Does he think that God studders?

Of course there are mutations. We know that this world is in a fallen condition and in need of redemption and restoration.

One problem I have with it is that the process of change itself must be present first in order for anything to change. Natural selection cannot 'select' unless there is something to select from. Another is the growth process, which involves billions of minute changes throughout the entire organism, each of which must evolve successfully and in harmony with all the rest. How is that even possible? The mind boggles. o_O

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

And I note that you do not refer to or link to or cite this research.

https://asu.pure.elsevier.com/en/pu...ds suggest a European origin of domestic dogs

Abstract
The geographic and temporal origins of the domestic dog remain controversial, as genetic data suggest a domestication process in East Asia beginning 15,000 years ago, whereas the oldest doglike fossils are found in Europe and Siberia and date to >30,000 years ago. We analyzed the mitochondrial genomes of 18 prehistoric canids from Eurasia and the New World, along with a comprehensive panel of modern dogs and wolves. The mitochondrial genomes of all modern dogs are phylogenetically most closely related to either ancient or modern canids of Europe. Molecular dating suggests an onset of domestication there 18,800 to 32,100 years ago. These findings imply that domestic dogs are the culmination of a process that initiated with European hunter-gatherers and the canids with whom they interacted.

Upvote 0