New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just found this part of the Forum, and how many years? Anyway:

Name: Scott Mansbridge
Marital Status: Married

Christian Denomination: No real fit, only Christ Jesus.

Church attendance: The Church of the Solitary (at sea much of the time), but have an involvement with a gang ministry known as Peacemakers.

Political Views: All over the show.

Interests: Boats, Bikes and Bible. I have 4 kids and a couple of dogs and am enjoying the online thing.

Upvote 0

Alisa Bea Audiobooks

A follower of Christ since 2016
Jul 29, 2017
Queensland
✟11,020.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi I'm new.

Name: Alisa Bea
Marital Status: Happily single
Christian Denomination: To be decided. I'm doing my research. I'm soon to be baptised. Born-again.
Church attendance: To be decided. I'm doing my research.
Political Views: Liberal usually saves the money and Labour usually spends it. Simmered down, they operate for the same side. I trust the other side.
Occupation: Hotel Supervisor and Theology student at university.
Interests: Theology. Also researching freemasonry and occults to understand the hidden hand shaping the world.

Here I'm hoping to discuss and consider opinions about theology, exegesis, ecclesiology, etymology, trinitarianism, eschatology, etc. As well as share advice and stories with new friends.

You're welcome to check out my channel
Alisa Bea Audiobooks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHp_D_yq1iFka4RMahXszsQ/featured

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟610,628.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Name: Philip

Christian Denomination: Anglican

Church attendance: Frequent

Political Views: Somewhere in the middle - conservative with social conscience

Interests: theology, history, reading, photography, websites, graphics

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,418.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not exactly a newbie or lurker, but baptised Presbyterian as an infant, became Christian in the real sense at age 28 (still Presbyterian then), and now Catholic. My father was Catholic, married an Anglican in a Presbyterian Church (probably nobody else would back in those partisan days, despite the fact that just 15 to 10 years before Catholics and Protestants fought and died together defending the nation in World War II).

So I suppose they were obligated to have me baptised Presbyterian. It wasn't as though I came from some centuries old family lineage dating back to Oliver Cromwell or John Knox.

Partisan stupidity I call it.

And before we get into any arguments about the Catholic / Protestant divide, I think I'm right where God wants me to be.

Upvote 0

Firewraith

Feb 3, 2019
Melbourne
✟7,712.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Name: G M

Christian Denomination: Christened in Uniting Church of Australia in 1978 when I was 7. Family never went to church though, and after my first marriage to a Roman Catholic, began to explore other things starting with Scientology (which is a bs religion), Spiritualism, Buddhism, Hinduism, then Islam, before giving up and becoming an atheist and declaring all religion evil.
January last year, and army mate was posting stuff account Chuck Missler and prophecies which I ridiculed him for, so he challenged me to watch them. I couldn't watch them for even 5 minutes, so I browsed online for something better and came across the Alpha Series on YouTube. I got hooked and remembered that a church I used to drive past a lot (Crossway Baptist) held the Alpha course, so I attended one Sunday to see when the next course was, and was hooked on the service (Hillsong songs) and the sermon which was very relevant to me.
I got baptised properly with full conviction in believing Jesus, and can now say I'm a Baptist.

Church attendance: Every Sunday :)

Political Views: Secular (centre of the political spectrum) but Liberal otherwise.

Interests: Fishing, kayaking, sups.

My biggest challenge at the moment is accepting the trinity. Hard to grasp, but definitely believe in Jesus the son, and God the father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Firewraith

Feb 3, 2019
Melbourne
✟7,712.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi I'm new.

Name: Alisa Bea
Marital Status: Happily single
Christian Denomination: To be decided. I'm doing my research. I'm soon to be baptised. Born-again.
Church attendance: To be decided. I'm doing my research.
Political Views: Liberal usually saves the money and Labour usually spends it. Simmered down, they operate for the same side. I trust the other side.
Occupation: Hotel Supervisor and Theology student at university.
Interests: Theology. Also researching freemasonry and occults to understand the hidden hand shaping the world.

Here I'm hoping to discuss and consider opinions about theology, exegesis, ecclesiology, etymology, trinitarianism, eschatology, etc. As well as share advice and stories with new friends.

You're welcome to check out my channel
Alisa Bea Audiobooks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHp_D_yq1iFka4RMahXszsQ/featured
Still doing audiobooks? I can't seem to find any.

Upvote 0

xefere

Feb 14, 2019
Te Horo
✟15,800.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Name: Eugene Ferreira

Christian Denomination: Born and bred Pentecostal.

Church attendance: I've moved to NZ from South Africa about 3 years ago. Finding a suitable church is a problem since I struggle to be comfortable in all the charismatic churches and there doesn't seem to be a true Pentecostal church around

Political Views: Conservative left, I guess.

Interests: Serving God with joy, gaming, model boats, trains and aircraft, fishing

Upvote 0

Acts2:38Apologetics

Jan 6, 2022
NSW
✟16,265.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Single
Name: Jane Nicolle
Marital Status: Single

Christian Denomination: Born and raised Anglican, back slidden for a very long time. Tried anglican church again but left once they started referring to the Holy Spirit as "she". Discovered a local Oneness Pentecostal Church, got born again, and haven't looked back

Church attendance: Doing home church now thanks to a certain pandemic, but we're makin' it work

Political Views: Conservative

Interests: Horses and singing

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And Family First - anyone who thinks they are worth voting for is clinically insane. They have to be the biggest jokes in the history of Australian politics.

As I write this I (2022) I don't think they're even still around, but I have to say that anyone who would vote for a party that is to the left of the Liberal Party must have rocks in their head.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟610,628.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As I write this I (2022) I don't think they're even still around, but I have to say that anyone who would vote for a party that is to the left of the Liberal Party must have rocks in their head.
Given how far right the Liberal Party has drifted, that is a big space you are writing off.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaaten
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟610,628.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Liberal Party has drifted right? I really do think you made a mistake here, and meant 'left'.
No, I don't think so. The liberal (lefter) edge of the party has gone teal. Mind you the Greens have gone so far left that they have fallen off the edge of the spectrum.

Upvote 0