Mississippi
Visit site
✟677.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! :wave:

This must be a good website, because I have spent the last two days nonstop on here! It's addictive, and so much fun! I'm glad to meet all you wonderful people; everyone that I've talked to so far has been extremely nice and friendly.

MonicaNeva is a name that I gave myself after reading James Bryan Smith's Rich Mullins: An Arrow Pointing to Heaven. In that book, Jim the author described Rich's mother Neva Mullins as being a very kind and loving woman with a desire to be holy. He even compared her to Saint Monica, who is Saint Augustine's mother. I read up on Saint Monica, and found out that she was a very extraordinary woman. Her marriage started off to be a very rough one, as her husband was known for his adultery and his acts of violence and abuse toward her. She would encourage other women who were also in bad marriages by telling them, "If you can master your tongue, not only do you run less risk of being beaten, but perhaps you may even, one day, make your husband better." She kept her faith and prayed for her family daily, and with time both her husband and her son came to know Christ. Because I was so moved by the wonderful things that have been said about both Neva Mullins and Saint Monica of Hippo, I named myself after them when choosing a nickname for use on the Internet.

I work full-time and I spend as much time as I can with my husband, whom I've been happily married to for four years. He has a child who is now twelve years old, and he visits us from time to time. But for the most part it is just my husband and me, and we enjoy just walking and talking or watching TV together or going shopping together. Then on the days that he has to work and I don't, I spend my time singing along to my favorite Contemporary Christian songs or teaching myself how to play my musical keyboard. God has spoken to me in a lot of ways and through a lot of people, and though I do love reading His Word I find that listening to Christian music is also very fulfilling for me spiritually. Songs like the one by Third Day that goes, "I won't worry about tomorrow, for it brings me one more day closer than I was to You," give me the strength I need to continue on. Plus, I find that it is much easier for me to get through a workday if I keep a song of God in my heart. :)

GarnetRose

Let us lift up our hearts.
Oct 3, 2005
Diamond Springs
✟8,237.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, and welcome to the best Christian Forums in the world! :) Finding your way around the forum is a challenge, but fun. Check out the FAQ if you haven't had a chance, and that may help with any questions you have.

attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Topaz

Dec 14, 2004
Angels Camp
✟11,662.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to Christian Forums, and may you be blessed here. :wave:

Check out the FAQ at the top, and if you have any questions you may check out the forums for asking questions at the top of the index page. :pink:

Here is the link for asking questions not covered in the FAQ : Questions about CF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.