• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Introducing MonicaNeva!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MonicaNeva, Oct 4, 2005.

1. MonicaNeva

MonicaNeva Regular Member

+24
    Christian
    Married
    Hi everyone! :wave:

This must be a good website, because I have spent the last two days nonstop on here! It's addictive, and so much fun! I'm glad to meet all you wonderful people; everyone that I've talked to so far has been extremely nice and friendly.

MonicaNeva is a name that I gave myself after reading James Bryan Smith's Rich Mullins: An Arrow Pointing to Heaven. In that book, Jim the author described Rich's mother Neva Mullins as being a very kind and loving woman with a desire to be holy. He even compared her to Saint Monica, who is Saint Augustine's mother. I read up on Saint Monica, and found out that she was a very extraordinary woman. Her marriage started off to be a very rough one, as her husband was known for his adultery and his acts of violence and abuse toward her. She would encourage other women who were also in bad marriages by telling them, "If you can master your tongue, not only do you run less risk of being beaten, but perhaps you may even, one day, make your husband better." She kept her faith and prayed for her family daily, and with time both her husband and her son came to know Christ. Because I was so moved by the wonderful things that have been said about both Neva Mullins and Saint Monica of Hippo, I named myself after them when choosing a nickname for use on the Internet.

I work full-time and I spend as much time as I can with my husband, whom I've been happily married to for four years. He has a child who is now twelve years old, and he visits us from time to time. But for the most part it is just my husband and me, and we enjoy just walking and talking or watching TV together or going shopping together. Then on the days that he has to work and I don't, I spend my time singing along to my favorite Contemporary Christian songs or teaching myself how to play my musical keyboard. God has spoken to me in a lot of ways and through a lot of people, and though I do love reading His Word I find that listening to Christian music is also very fulfilling for me spiritually. Songs like the one by Third Day that goes, "I won't worry about tomorrow, for it brings me one more day closer than I was to You," give me the strength I need to continue on. Plus, I find that it is much easier for me to get through a workday if I keep a song of God in my heart. :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JesseBassett

JesseBassett Always a prayer warrior..... Angels Team Supporter

+1,032
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Welcome to Christian Forums! If you need a friend on this HUGE site, send me a PM! :wave:

3. GarnetRose

GarnetRose Let us lift up our hearts.

+33
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hello, and welcome to the best Christian Forums in the world! :) Finding your way around the forum is a challenge, but fun. Check out the FAQ if you haven't had a chance, and that may help with any questions you have.

[​IMG]

4. MonicaNeva

MonicaNeva Regular Member

+24
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you and what an absolutely beautiful rose graphic you have there, GarnetRose!

5. shakingthedustoffmyfeet

shakingthedustoffmyfeet Goodbye

+1,661
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Hope you will find CF a great spot and make many friends. We welcome your friendship!

[​IMG]

6. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,751
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    howdy scratchy and monica and welcome to this fun place to be! hope to see you around :)

7. BubblesRelena

BubblesRelena Manager of Apostolic Love

+44
    Christian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    welcome!

8. White Horse

White Horse Natural born world shaker

+3,096
    Christian
    :) ;) :D :cool: :p :wave: :thumbsup: :amen: :clap: :hug: :kiss:

9. cajunlady

cajunlady Well-Known Member

+93
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Welcome to the forums, God bless ya..:wave:

10. MyLilyintheValley

MyLilyintheValley Consider the lilies; they toil not.

+1,411
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Nice to welcome a new friend.

[​IMG]

11. Topaz

Topaz Well-Known Member

+196
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Welcome to Christian Forums, and may you be blessed here. :wave:

Check out the FAQ at the top, and if you have any questions you may check out the forums for asking questions at the top of the index page. :pink:

Here is the link for asking questions not covered in the FAQ : Questions about CF

12. shakingthedustoffmyfeet

+1,661
    Pentecostal
    Married
    [​IMG]

God bless you, MonicaNeva!

13. Quijote

Quijote a.k.a Mr. Q

+388
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Welcome to the Forums!!!

14. ~PICKLE~

~PICKLE~ Ready For Anything

+184
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi..... I'm Pickle, And I
    wanted to welcome you
    to CF!! I hope you enjoy
    you time here.

[​IMG]

15. shakingthedustoffmyfeet

+1,661
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Hi Pickle![​IMG]
    Hi MonicaNeva!

16. Shubunkin

Shubunkin Antiochian Orthodox Christian

+593
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hello and welcome to Christian Forums. Check the FAQ at the menu on top, and find out answers to any questions you may have about getting started here. The best way to get to know us is to jump right in and participate. :liturgy: :preach: :priest:

17. momofonebaybe

momofonebaybe Senior Contributor

+103
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Welcome to CF!!!

18. shakingthedustoffmyfeet

+1,661
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Hi momofonebaybe![​IMG]

19. momofonebaybe

momofonebaybe Senior Contributor

+103
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I like that picture!!

20. RippledDreams

RippledDreams Member

+4
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome to CF :) I hope you enjoy it here!!