USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am far more concerned with the Barely-dox. The luke-warm, prayer and fast skipping, haven't read the Scriptures or Church Fathers in ages, Liturgy avoiding, Modernist embracing types who look on the rest of us old fogies with amusement coupled with disdain.
Huh. I guess maybe I'm not sure what anyone means by "modernist" anymore, but I would have thought that "Modernist" types would be pretty into going to services, reading the saints and the Fathers and Scripture, prayer, etc.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am far more concerned with the Barely-dox. The luke-warm, prayer and fast skipping, haven't read the Scriptures or Church Fathers in ages, Liturgy avoiding, Modernist embracing types who look on the rest of us old fogies with amusement coupled with disdain.

those are two sides of the same coin, where the self is the object of worship and not God.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone here experience some radical Orthodox people here in the Internet? The ones who say stuff like "Zionists", Jewish influence, "Papists", calls heretics to anyone who disagrees, talk about free masonery on the Church, and always complain about Ecumenism?
Yeah, there are all sorts of things on the Internet. It's best to avoid such people and probably to hang out in places with rules against them or at least strong social norms that make it clear this is not the teaching of the Church. Fora where such (canonical) people abound are not healthy fora.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0