Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1678225589806.png

This popped up on my FB today.

I must admit, technology doesn't strike me as the heart of the problem, and therefore I'm not sure it's going to be the solution... (any more, than, say, inventing a washing machine but still thinking all things laundry are "women's work").

But it's an interesting question. I've been fascinated to learn about apps designed to help manage mental load in various ways. Perhaps in a society where mental load often ends up being gendered in a household, that disproportionately helps women?

But where does that leave the women who are most disempowered; those for whom the basics of clean water and adequate nutrition are still massive needs? Innovation which tackles the worst outcomes of poverty benefits everyone, but the also disproportionately benefits women...

I have no answers! But maybe it's worth thinking about.

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny, having worked in high tech electronics industry my whole career, I read that very differently. Rather than reading it creating technology to empower women, I read it as taking women seriously as innovators, engineers, inventors, etc. As much as I love my industry, women do start a step behind due to long running perceptions that men are better in those areas.

Upvote 0