I may get into major trouble for this, but here we go.....

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I debated long and hard about posting this, but in the end, I decided I wanted to know what others thought. A few comments before we begin:

1) I know I am not this woman's target audience. I fully expect to receive at least a few comments about "you're a man, you have no right to make judgements!", or "you're male, you have absolutely no idea!"

2) Speaking strictly for myself, if this is what modern women are like, if I ever end up being a widower, instead of looking for another wife, I believe I'll just get two or three more dogs and call it good.

3) Again, bearing in mind #1 ("You have no right") and #2 (speaking strictly for myself), with a lot of this, she comes across as being extremely whiny: "My life is so hard!" Well, everybody's life is hard, lady. Your difficulties might be different than someone else's difficulties, but whining about it won't help. By the time I got to the cartoon where she was outlining how women's bodies were their lifelong enemy due to their reproductive systems, I was thinking to myself, "For crineoutloud, lady, go get a friggin' hysterectomy and quit bleating about it!"

But again, I am not the woman's target audience, and I know I supposedly don't have any say in what she's illustrating here. But I do know I don't agree with her in numerous ways---and if I were still in the dating scene, I wouldn't touch this girl with a 4,000-foot pole.

Your thoughts?

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Your thoughts?
You can't win. You can't even break even. You were disqualified before you even thought to say something. Sorry to break it to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, I think she accurately reflects how alot of modern women think.

Some of it was funny to read, because it rings so true ... unfortunately.

We have become a very messed up society.
Unfortunately.

Last nite, I listened to a video about the Barbie movie.
That Barbie movie ... more feminist propaganda they are feeding our young girls.

Feminist propaganda, since the 60's, has done much to harm healthy relationships between men and women.
Unfortunately.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2) Speaking strictly for myself, if this is what modern women are like, if I ever end up being a widower, instead of looking for another wife, I believe I'll just get two or three more dogs and call it good.

:oldthumbsup:

... My advice to any happily married older couples?
Cherish, love, and protect whatcha got ... really ... cuz the world outside of it is majorly messed up ...

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:oldthumbsup:

... My advice to any happily married older couples?
Cherish, love, and protect whatcha got ... really ... cuz the world outside of it is majorly messed up ...
I quite agree.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And here you are whining about it. I'm sure they would want a 60 foot pole. Seems they feel they need to justify around you.
Sometimes women go through living hell when they get into their 40s - I had no idea it would be that bad. I now get what they're going through. The hormonal changes are not a joke. I wonder how women make it past 50 years old.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And here you are whining about it. I'm sure they would want a 60 foot pole. Seems they feel they need to justify around you.

Generationally, I 'get' where Wols is coming from.

I do believe it is why we older folks generally find ourselves 'sticking together' as we continue to age.
We come from a different generation. Which means, we pretty much understand where each other is 'coming from'.

I am a senior, but not an 'old grandma type'.
Nothing wrong with the old grandma type; it just wasn't how I turned out.
But still, I prefer the way it 'use to be' between men and women.
It was often good, romantic, sweet ... all those kinds of neat things that seem to have faded away with time.
Maybe it was not that way always ... sure, there were the harassing bosses and construction workers that whistled at you! ...
but overall, my personal remembrances of those times are fond.
I liked it when men were men, and women were women.
(Note: Only my generation will probably understand that! lol)

The modern women today? I see them as missing out on so much ...
No wonder so many are so unhappy.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes women go through living hell when they get into their 40s - I had no idea it would be that bad. I now get what they're going through. The hormonal changes are not a joke. I wonder how women make it past 50 years old.

I can only imagine what it must be like to be a woman in her 40's today.
The world has changed so much since I was one.

I do know that alot has to do with 'who' one associates with.
The persons we hang around with the most tend to have a strong influence on us.
If we hang around with positive folks, it is easier to be positive about life.
If we hang around with negative folks, life becomes a real bummer ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I debated long and hard about posting this, but in the end, I decided I wanted to know what others thought.
I'm glad you posted it, difficult to read as it was. A summary, it seemed to me, was this in the series:
"BEING A WOMAN MEANS WHATEVER
A WOMAN WANTS IT TO MEAN FOR HER."
The culture out of which this comes, is so empty of depth and substance, it is painful to realize. Ours is a culture dying of famine - we have no God. Hence "reality" is whatever we imagine or wish or fear, having no finality, maturity or fruitfulness.
We have cancelled God; we have made ourselves pointless.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I debated long and hard about posting this, but in the end, I decided I wanted to know what others thought. A few comments before we begin:

1) I know I am not this woman's target audience. I fully expect to receive at least a few comments about "you're a man, you have no right to make judgements!", or "you're male, you have absolutely no idea!"

3) Again, bearing in mind #1 ("You have no right") and #2 (speaking strictly for myself), with a lot of this, she comes across as being extremely whiny: "My life is so hard!" Well, everybody's life is hard, lady. Your difficulties might be different than someone else's difficulties, but whining about it won't help. By the time I got to the cartoon where she was outlining how women's bodies were their lifelong enemy due to their reproductive systems, I was thinking to myself, "For crineoutloud, lady, go get a friggin' hysterectomy and quit bleating about it!"

But again, I am not the woman's target audience, and I know I supposedly don't have any say in what she's illustrating here. But I do know I don't agree with her in numerous ways---and if I were still in the dating scene, I wouldn't touch this girl with a 4,000-foot pole.

Your thoughts?

She is just another Internet personality trying to ride the wave of wokeness for her 15 minutes.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you posted it, difficult to read as it was. A summary, it seemed to me, was this in the series:
"BEING A WOMAN MEANS WHATEVER
A WOMAN WANTS IT TO MEAN FOR HER."
The culture out of which this comes, is so empty of depth and substance, it is painful to realize. Ours is a culture dying of famine - we have no God. Hence "reality" is whatever we imagine or wish or fear, having no finality, maturity or fruitfulness.
We have cancelled God; we have made ourselves pointless.

I'm really glad you brought in 'the God factor'.
For it is when we live according to God's design for us that we will find peace, order ... happiness.

• Winner
Reactions: fide
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Your thoughts?

She has an option:

Stay celibate.
Avoid relationships.
OTHERWISE; if you think sex is recreation and babies are punishment you're the problem in this world, not the answer.

Can we at least call a spade a spade?
Selfish.

There is nothing more to excuse this.

Selfish.

Now let's all say it together.
She wants sex without responsibility.
Therefore; any inconvenience due to responsibility does not cater to her selfishness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Exploits others without guilt or shame​

Narcissists never develop the ability to identify with the feelings of others—to put themselves in other people's shoes. In other words, they lack empathy. In many ways, they view the people in their lives as objects—there to serve their needs. As a consequence, they don't think twice about taking advantage of others to achieve their own ends. Sometimes this interpersonal exploitation is malicious, but often it is simply oblivious. Narcissists simply don't think about how their behavior affects others. And if you point it out, they still won't truly get it. The only thing they understand is their own needs.

Whenever I see a 'woman' claiming men cannot have a say over her body, yet narcissistically demands she have her way over another humans body [an innocent baby] and has no remorse of her decisions, she is narcissistic to the absolute max.

They do not even conceive how awkward and selfish this is.

So you cannot take a man's ability to speak, who understands the rights of the little one inside of you, but you absolutely should have full control of an innocent victim to your SELFISH wantonness.

Her body wanted sex without responsibility because she is selfish.
AND nobody can bend these facts that it is NOT her body growing inside of her.

SO if she cannot share her body for 9 months she is SELFISH.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The funny thing about this woman is she still refuses to pay for dates, open a door, etc.

Yes, it is peculiar.
It does seem that some ... many? ... women expect very much from a man, but do not expect for themselves to do so much for the man.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but it does seem the agenda being pushed, and that has been pushed for quite some time now, is for women to be very self-centered when it comes to being in a relationship with a man.

Of course, I would hope, and do think, that women truly committed to Christ would not be following the world's agenda for them.
At least, we're not suppose to be ...

Upvote 0