London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do the benefits of feminism still outweigh the costs?

Since women won the vote in Western countries there has been a momentum for improving the situation of women all around the world. Much good has come from this as women have been liberated from abuse, oppression and exploitation into a more equal state of being. Clearly in many countries like Muslim ones or indeed India much work remains to be done but in Britain we have now had 2 female primeministers and in Germany a female Chancellor. In these countries the glass ceiling seems to be broken. But the Feminist cause still seems to be an active one even in Western countries. After centuries of oppression they argue the work of restructuring to allow full equality of opportunity remains undone. Some go further and insist on equality of outcome also.

That said it seems certain toxic forms of feminism are now developing which are poisoning political and cultural debate and action:

1) Abortion
2) The breakup of marriages and broken families. It is women who are initiating most of the divorces.
3) Blasphemy - e.g. slogans on feminists banners suggesting Mary should have had an abortion.
4) Lesbianism

Given the pain that toxic feminism is causing to the fathers of murdered children, the abandoned husbands of adulterous wives who ran off with lesbian lovers and the devout Christian disturbed by feminists blaspheming their God is it time to say that legitimate feminism has run its course in the West and it is time to change the focus. For example a persons level of opportunity is more influenced by the wealth of their parents than their gender these days.

Do the benefits of feminism still outweigh the costs?

I attach a list of womens organisations working to promote the wellbeing of women around the world.
List of women's organizations - Wikipedia

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't adhere to any form of feminism. Nor do I believe it is a healthy mindset to embrace. My sense of femininity and respect for the opposite sex didn't prohibit me from obtaining a successful career in finance or finding favor in various walks of life.

Men are not the enemy and I appreciate the differences in our makeup and disposition. I am bettered by these things not oppressed. I will not lend my support nor my voice or one penny of my finances to a cause whose messages emasculates and seeks the destruction of God's creation.

God called it good and they are good.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I love how so many men are experts on feminism. I applaud their capacity to know so much about it without having been part of any feminist group, read any feminist theory, or attended any feminist forums. Well done men.

• Agree
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love how so many men are experts on feminism. I applaud their capacity to know so much about it without having been part of any feminist group, read any feminist theory, or attended any feminist forums. Well done men.

I did politics in university and had these discussions ad nauseum with many Feminists. That is not a fair criticism of all men. But is your answer really just to put the man down rather than address the content of the OP.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I did politics in university and had these discussions ad nauseum with many Feminists. That is not a fair criticism of all men. But is your answer really just to put the man down rather than address the content of the OP.
When I get a single post that's actually based on fact - you know.... the stuff that comes from a quote from a feminist journal you read...or research conducted...then OK - but the rhetoric that is aimed to be spiteful eg they are rotten fruit - Anti Cristian etc etc - then I feel rather free to point to the cohort who feels so comfortable to vilify in this way

Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I get a single post that's actually based on fact - you know.... the stuff that comes from a quote from a feminist journal you read...or research conducted...then OK - but the rhetoric that is aimed to be spiteful eg they are rotten fruit - Anti Cristian etc etc - then I feel rather free to point to the cohort who feels so comfortable to vilify in this way

The OP included a list of the positive benefits of Feminism also e.g. the vote and the overthrow of abuse and oppression and equality of opportunity. What amazes me about many Feminists is how quickly the discussion becomes so personal whenever a negative thing is said about Feminists. But the OP is really whether the obvious positive things that have historically been achieved outweigh a clearly antichristian agenda by many in the Feminist movements today.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
To say that the main culprit for abortion, broken families, blasphemy and lesbianism (???) is feminism not only shows an appaling lack of knowledge about feminism, but about history in general. Each of these problems are older than history.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They just want to be attractive to women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you are intolerant to other opinions.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's called an opinion.
Having an opinion is one thing, but when you put it out there in a debate forum, expect to see it challenged. Saying that a statement is an opinion does not make the statement immune to criticism.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The OP included a list of the positive benefits of Feminism also e.g. the vote and the overthrow of abuse and oppression and equality of opportunity. What amazes me about many Feminists is how quickly the discussion becomes so personal whenever a negative thing is said about Feminists. But the OP is really whether the obvious positive things that have historically been achieved outweigh a clearly antichristian agenda by many in the Feminist movements today.
The OP is saying heck - u guys have the vote etc, then made a statement about what feminism is today (though elects to provide no femist writing references)

Its his opinion of course what feminism is today - I acknowledge that you and other men espouse how terrible we women are who still identify as feminist. I am quite accustomed to being accused of supporting all types of atrocities. Just in this thread, my political views are responsible for lesbianism and marriage breakups [as per the OP]. The posts here describe my potential children as 'rotten fruit' and me as anti-christian.

So I do not accept your ..'gee what are you so touchy about ' ( 'What amazes me about many Feminists is how quickly the discussion becomes so personal' ) comment because yes - So far I haven't called your children rotten fruit and nor have I brought your spirituality into any negative light - which is the ambition of this thread.

I am a teen feminist and my friends believe we have a long way to go. We are particularly focused on:
  • the appalling levels of violence of men towards women
  • domestic assaults
  • rape
  • paedophilia
Heck women still cannot occupy some jobs for reasons I do not accept - you only have to look to Christian churches to see the absence of women in clergy roles.

We acknowledge that these crimes occur in both genders, albeit it 90% men. We would prefer that men work with us to turn these problems around, but our efforts are met with attitudes that are similar to what you are now displaying.

We also acknowledge that while I may be safer in Australia, women in countries such as Pakistan or Saudi Arabia face
  • honour killings
  • child brides
  • and significantly poorer access to legal rights.
That said I am very acquainted with the attitudes here on these issues and seriously do not expect anything to change.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you are intolerant to other opinions.
Well of course - certainly if they are vitriolic I agree - I dont imagine if you are a mechanic and I said' All mechanics are paedophiles' you would tolerate that comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well of course - certainly if they are vitriolic I agree - I dont imagine if you are a mechanic and I said' All mechanics are paedophiles' you would tolerate that comment.
But it's not about mechanics or pedophiles.
It's about the animosity between men and women, fueled by feminism.

They want us divided.
Feminism is one of the means to divide us.
It's based on adoption of victim status and accusations.
Same thing as BLM and LBGT does.
Social Justice Warriors horribly overshooting the good cause, violating actual social justice themselves..

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,317.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP is saying heck - u guys have the vote etc, then made a statement about what feminism is today (though elects to provide no femist writing references)

Its his opinion of course what feminism is today - I acknowledge that you and other men espouse how terrible we women are who still identify as feminist. I am quite accustomed to being accused of supporting all types of atrocities. Just in this thread, my political views are responsible for lesbianism and marriage breakups [as per the OP]. The posts here describe my potential children as 'rotten fruit' and me as anti-christian.

So I do not accept your ..'gee what are you so touchy about ' ( 'What amazes me about many Feminists is how quickly the discussion becomes so personal' ) comment because yes - So far I haven't called your children rotten fruit and nor have I brought your spirituality into any negative light - which is the ambition of this thread.

I am a teen feminist and my friends believe we have a long way to go. We are particularly focused on:
  • the appalling levels of violence of men towards women
  • domestic assaults
  • rape
  • paedophilia
Heck women still cannot occupy some jobs for reasons I do not accept - you only have to look to Christian churches to see the absence of women in clergy roles.

We acknowledge that these crimes occur in both genders, albeit it 90% men. We would prefer that men work with us to turn these problems around, but our efforts are met with attitudes that are similar to what you are now displaying.

We also acknowledge that while I may be safer in Australia, women in countries such as Pakistan or Saudi Arabia face
  • honour killings
  • child brides
  • and significantly poorer access to legal rights.
That said I am very acquainted with the attitudes here on these issues and seriously do not expect anything to change.

We can agree about the international situation. Regarding the domestic list you gave does the gender really matter here now though. If man or a woman does these things they are crimes and punishable by law so why must they be considered a part of a feminist agenda per see

When a woman has not had an abortion, broken a marriage, trys to avoid blasphemy and is not that attracted to women sexually that maybe she will resent being placed in the same bag by association as these toxic feminists. But if peoples dominant impression of feminism includes a subscription to things like abortion then when they use the label feminist they are also , by association, affirming these things. My view is that feminism is dominated by people who think my list is now ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We can agree about the international situation. Regarding the domestic list you gave does the gender really matter here now though. If man or a woman does these things they are crimes and punishable by law so why must they be considered a part of a feminist agenda per see

My guess would be that because you have not had an abortion, broken a marriage, try and avoid blasphemy and are not that attracted to women sexually that you resent being placed in the same bag by association as these toxic feminists. But peoples dominant impression of feminism includes a subscription to things like abortion then when you use the label feminist you are also , by association, affirming these things. My view is that feminism is dominated by people who think my list is now ok.
The list I have there now is as prominent today as it has ever been. It concerns feminists because men are the predominant perpetrators of those crimes and the victims are predominantly women.

So we female teens have concerns that I do not like ridiculed. It is not like we don't want men to work with us on this - But I come here ...a Christian site - and note the threads are largely adversarial. Don't deny it. I'm sure you have seen enough posts to know its true.

Now in your post you say
My guess would be that because you have not had an abortion, broken a marriage, try and avoid blasphemy and are not that attracted to women sexually

Well you dont know a thing about me so dont try and personalise this discussion

But peoples dominant impression of feminism includes a subscription to things like abortion then when you use the label feminist you are also , by association, affirming these things

You say you did international politics?????? truly?? Follow your logic - Lets say you vote Republican therefore you must be : anti-immigration, racist, rich, anti-support for anyone needing social benefits etc etc

A republican will tell you - they have views that lie on a continuum with some occupying quite extremist views and some moderate. So too for feminists - I have declared my points of interest.

But I suspect you know all this and suspect you may be trolling.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But it's not about mechanics or
Social Justice Warriors horribly overshooting the good cause, violating actual social justice themselves..

I can't stomach them in either gender. I have no tolerance for people who are determined to foist their opinions on others uninvited. There's an incivility in their disposition that I find distasteful.

I've engaged with feminists and those who've crossed the line and defend men. They have the same fury. The absence of softness is an acquired taste.

I was recently in a group whose intent seemed harmless. But their real motive was undermining men and freeing them from their money. And the audacity was astounding. I stayed long enough to grasp their verbiage and warn others against their treachery.

I won't touch on the others. One calamity at a time. :)

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can't stomach them in either gender. I have no tolerance for people who are determined to foist their opinions on others uninvited. There's an incivility in their disposition that I find distasteful.

I've engaged with feminists and those who've crossed the line and defend men. They have the same fury. The absence of softness is an acquired taste.

I was recently in a group whose intent seemed harmless. But their real motive was undermining men and freeing them from their money. And the audacity was astounding. I stayed long enough to grasp their verbiage and warn others against their treachery.

I won't touch on the others. One calamity at a time. :)
Check the list of issues in Post # 14 - what in there is about
But their real motive was undermining men and freeing them from their money

Upvote 0