Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I believe it is bad logic amongst those who deny a creator. How do evolutionist have a basis if there is no God?

Evolution and God are not mutually exclusive concepts. Many people who believe in God also accept that life has evolved over time.

You may want to check out this site for more: BioLogos – God’s Word. God’s World.

Do they expect us to believe that matter is eternal? or that something comes from nothing? Or the complexity we see in creation just happened randomly? All that would take blind faith to believe.

Understanding the universe in which we live requires an honest investigation of that universe. That is the purpose of science.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe it is bad logic amongst those who deny a creator.
Yet they'll label their discoveries with transgender names of our Saviour.

Ever heard of El Niño and La Niña?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand the pitting of the ToE against Creationism when evolution supposedly deals with changes among species and not origins, whereas creationism has to do with origins. If you want to talk about origins without a First Mover...try it.

It was the creationist side that first insisted that the ToE and God were incompatible.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evolution and God are not mutually exclusive concepts. Many people who believe in God also accept that life has evolved over time.

The God of Scripture and evolution are mutually exclusive, as it was Adam who introduced sin and death into the world. If evolution was true it would require many deaths before Adam's first sin at the Fall.

You may want to check out this site for more: BioLogos – God’s Word. God’s World.

Just a bunch of liberal theologians like N.T. Wright, from lib seminaries like Fuller, who don't mind sacrificing God's truth on the altar of 'maintaining intellectual respectability', simply compromisers of God's Word.

Understanding the universe in which we live requires an honest investigation of that universe. That is the purpose of science.

Understanding the origins of the universe requires being there. Evolutionists never observed it's beginnings once, let alone multiple times. God not only was there, He actively spoke it into existence.

By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
(Heb 11:3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet they'll label their discoveries with transgender names of our Saviour.

Ever heard of El Niño and La Niña?
Yes, those are certain weather patterns. (little boy and little girl). Is that what they are calling baby Jesus?

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was the creationist side that first insisted that the ToE and God were incompatible.
Well, that's because they are incompatible. If you as a Christian had someone pushing a lie, that contradicts God's Word on you, would you agree with it?
It was the evolutionists that first challenged the creation account back in the 19th Century. Now the 'tolerant' ToE side won't even let something like Intelligent Design be heard.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, that's because they are incompatible. If you as a Christian had someone pushing a lie, that contradicts God's Word on you, would you agree with it?
It was the evolutionists that first challenged the creation account back in the 19th Century. Now the 'tolerant' ToE side won't even let something like Intelligent Design be heard.

The Kitzmiller vs Dover trial established that there was no coherent scientific theory of 'intelligent design'.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Kitzmiller vs Dover trial established that there was no coherent scientific theory of 'intelligent design'.
So? I find Darwinian evolution incoherent.
At least if science would open it's eyes and examine the intricacies and complexity found in this universe, they would find it quite coherent that a design requires a Designer, intricacy requires an Engineer, matter a Creator and intelligence an Intelligent Being. The last apparently missing with the judges at the Kitzmiller trial.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Just because the theory of gravity says that things fall down doesn't mean we have a moral imperative to push things off tables.

That's only for cats.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So? I find Darwinian evolution incoherent.
At least if science would open it's eyes and examine the intricacies and complexity found in this universe, they would find it quite coherent that a design requires a Designer, intricacy requires an Engineer, matter a Creator and intelligence an Intelligent Being. The last apparently missing with the judges at the Kitzmiller trial.

Science can only answer the 'how', not the 'why'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I realized it wasn't your writing and you were quoting but it was done as if you endorsed it's content.
What I don't understand is that you, being an agnostic, would even care about the Young Earth Creation view at all unless there actually is a God. That YE/OE issue is more of an in-house debate amongst Christians.

You must not be paying much attention to the efforts to teach YECism in classrooms.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sciences classes? We were having the theory of evolution crammed down our throat in the third grade in the '50's. I'd call that brainwashing, not giving us an alternative view.

Histrionic verbiage does not help you to make a rational case. You were taught science in the science classroom. And the science classroom is not the place for alternative views, especially when those "alternative" views are based on garbage and lies from dishonest professional Creationists.

And here's another history refresher for you, there was very little by way of organized YECism in the 1950s. The movement was mostly contained within 7th Day Adventism from the 30s until the 60s. You might want to read up on George McCready Price.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...I was overly joyed years later to find out the theory of evolution was an agenda driven lie.

I don't know what you were actually taught in school, but whatever it was that convinced you of this was, ironically, an agenda driven lie itself. Evolution has an enormous amount of evidence supporting it. If you don't think so, then go to this thread and tell me why the evidence I presented isn't evidence.
The evidence for evolution for Kenny'sID thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The God of Scripture and evolution are mutually exclusive, as it was Adam who introduced sin and death into the world.

If that's what you believe, then that's that. There are many Christians who disagree with that sentiment though.

It also seems odd to me to set up Christianity to be dependent on a scientific theory being false. In effect, you are allowing your own beliefs to be falsified.

Understanding the origins of the universe requires being there.

That makes no sense.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In the 19th century there were many young-earth creationists (some geologists themselves) who were persuaded and conformed to the current fashionable theory of earth history (at the time strict Uniformitarianism),

Yes, by the evidence. Something that modern YECs appear immune to.

and they were eventually shown to be just as wrong as the evolutionists.

LOL

Upvote 0