dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I feel rather unsure about prayer in this area. I have read some Christian teaching on it but want to understand it better. I see at times people professing to be Christians yet they espouse views that are of the world, sometimes to do with homosexuality, and no amount of debate, reasoning, seems to persuade them, its wearying and I find myself having to continually untwist my mind from their carnal reasoning. Some of the material on spiritual warfare I read (John and Paula Sanford) is suggesting something called an 'archetype' at work on these people in their thinking.

They write that 'an archetype is simply a habit or practice not inside an individual but in the flesh of mankind. An archetype is any developed way of thinking, a tradition, a cultural norm, an 'empty philosophy', an habitual way of emoting and rationalising - which can clamp upon individuals. The specific function of an archetype is to rob us of our free will, to prevent true conscience from enabling good decisions..." (page 302 Transformation of the Inner Man)

What's the best way to pray about this, I know there is no set formula as such but sometimes I have seen prayers that form a litany of protection (for the intercessor). Does anyone begin with something like that?

Have you interceded and known people set free.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I feel rather unsure about prayer in this area. I have read some Christian teaching on it but want to understand it better. I see at times people professing to be Christians yet they espouse views that are of the world, sometimes to do with homosexuality, and no amount of debate, reasoning, seems to persuade them, its wearying and I find myself having to continually untwist my mind from their carnal reasoning. Some of the material on spiritual warfare I read (John and Paula Sanford) is suggesting something called an 'archetype' at work on these people in their thinking.

They write that 'an archetype is simply a habit or practice not inside an individual but in the flesh of mankind. An archetype is any developed way of thinking, a tradition, a cultural norm, an 'empty philosophy', an habitual way of emoting and rationalising - which can clamp upon individuals. The specific function of an archetype is to rob us of our free will, to prevent true conscience from enabling good decisions..." (page 302 Transformation of the Inner Man)

What's the best way to pray about this, I know there is no set formula as such but sometimes I have seen prayers that form a litany of protection (for the intercessor). Does anyone begin with something like that?

Have you interceded and known people set free.
Satan is trying to lead us astray. Many people are governed by immoral sexual lust, pride, and substance abuse.

It seems to me the most dangerous of all, and I've heard it called the deadliest of the sins, is pride. Look at all these pastors who give their blessing to homosexuality, despite the fact the Lord called it an abomination. Why do the pastors do it? It seems obvious to me: They see it as their path to worldly acclaim.

• Agree
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
pray is all we can do about the junk that is going around .. the Church is being attacked from with in when it comes to spiritual warfare. the apostle paul wrote in Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. i do not understand pastors church members saying same sex marriage is ok. we have just enough oil to take care of our selves .that alone is a full time job..i sometimes think parts of the Christian world has gone nuts. i am a minister of about 19 years ..
i have sat under many seasoned ministers 30-50 years preaching...they simply will not budge on this new age movement . if not careful we will catch our self compromising with the world.. when in reality we need to be more like naboth when ahab asked him to sell his vineyard he said Lord forbid ..put up that not for sale sign. do as Paul said in Ephesians 6 having done all this stand,
i cant control you and you cant control me the Holy Spirit helps us to stand we just have to be willing .

james writes submit ourselves to God... question is are we? same sex marriage transgenders school shootings murders the list grows on and on.. the word that comes to my mind is PERILOUS TIMES .lets make sure the world is not influencing us. but let us be transformed changed by the renewing of our mind. which is a 24/7 job.. JESUS SAID WE ARE SALT AND LIGHT .I WONDER ON MY PART HOW MUCH LIGHT AND HOW MUCH SALT AM I REALLY USING ... so let us pray ask the Good Lord to intervene.. our land is dry and parched and needs the out pouring the latter rain . lets draw from the well of living water that gives us true life.......amen

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for (wisdom) and discernment over the things of this world and the devil and our flesh.

((Please have mercy on me)) a sinner and help me to stay close to the Word as found in the Bible.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Archetypes are what we are made of good and evil. The primary archetypes are 'Man' and Woman' Adam and Eve. From them is our image and likeness of God that is lost and from them emerge what is evil in our fallen nature and what is good in our fallen nature. The son of man is an archetype of the repentant Adam and Eve the first born in the image of Adam. The evil counterpart of son of man is Cain who is an archetype of Satan as 'murderer from the beginning.' Son of man in salvation history is manifest in new genesis events like their father. Noah, Abraham are archetypes of faith preserved in the line of Seth, son of Adam.(man) The archetypes of sin are a woman riding a beast. They are types of matriarchal religions and spirituality. Worship of natural powers(demons) Fertility gods and idols temple prostitution, the worship of things and all that pleases the senses of the body. the son of man Seth, was the first to invoke Yahweh. The God of Abraham. From the beginning the natural man is lifted up by a future archetype the New Man. Son of man in the Prophets. Ezekiel is called 'a' son of man. He has a vision of 'one who looks like a son of man coming on a throne.' This is the Son of Man that is born of a virgin. Jesus' receives her human nature and honors her when He calls Himself Son of Man. These are the invisible spiritual forces that are what we are made of. Within each of us is the entire history from the archetypes from our genesis, to judgement and salvation in Christ. The evil in them rejects Christ and continues as Woman(woman of sin)riding a beast(man of sin). The evil archtypes emerged from Man and Woman (Adam Eve) of sin from the beginning. Original sin is still unfolding in history in the sublime darkness within all their children. We all share the same genesis event. These are the deepest and most sublime archetypes. Antichrist is called the man of sin, the lawless one. These are terms given to archetypes. Archetypes incarnate and become personified at the beginning and end of ages. They asked John the Baptist if he was 'The Prophet" or Elijah, a son of man. Archetypes of the son of man. So the Son of Man Jesus the son of Mary, Son of God His Father in heaven. fulfill and at the same time replace the archetypes of Adam and Eve in as much as man is Christian or acting on the promptings of the Holy Spirit. The Evil in man originates from man and woman of sin that does the will of their father the serpent. As Jesus accused the Jews of, for following their father the father of lies. They were the woman riding the best spiritually. These are the primary and original archetypes of fallen human nature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou for your reply.

In the Sanford's writings they speak of these 'archetypes' as habits in the corporate flesh (carnal nature) of mankind, that may or may not be connected to a demonic power. They seem to understand this as something that can be 'bound' by a Christian but say they always seek the go-ahead from the Holy Spirit first if they discern another Christian who is under the sway of one of these archetypes.

It does seem to make sense that man and woman could be described as primal archetypes.

Do your reflections on this come from a particular teacher on spiritual warfare, I'd like to read further sometime?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome.

I didn't learn it from a particular source or teacher. My ideas build on a foundational experience that resulted in a breaking down of obstructions within me and a lifting up in the Holy Spirit and truth. A truth I've been building on since. The ideas form from accumulated previous understandings applied to understanding new experiences. Especially experiences of suffering. Sometimes situations present opportunities to suffer and forgive like Jesus did. Most of these situations are very confusing while experienced. It's in resolving the confusion that comes with this suffering that I learn the most.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
n the Sanford's writings they speak of these 'archetypes' as habits in the corporate flesh (carnal nature) of mankind, that may or may not be connected to a demonic power. They seem to understand this as something that can be 'bound' by a Christian but say they always seek the go-ahead from the Holy Spirit first if they discern another Christian who is under the sway of one of these archetypes.
I'm not familiar with Sanford's writings but what you have learned about how to treat their manifestations of sin from the unconscious is good in my opinion. Sometimes it's our own spirit or can even be the Holy Spirit. Although I doubt they would be asked for help for that. Jesus can operate within our permissive will in a hidden way and sometimes we do good without knowing what we did would be good to do. When it happens I know I wouldn't have known that what I did would be good to do until the results that I didn't expect are understood. "The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". I'll look Sanford up online. Thank you.

Upvote 0