• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Inquiring minds --- 100 blessings for first 10 answers

Discussion in 'Blessings Exchange' started by Ariella, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Ariella

Ariella Daughter of the King

+10,776
    Christian
    Single
    What does it mean to you to "be a Christian"?

100 blessings given for the first 10 posters

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ariella

+10,776
    Christian
    Single
    *bumping*

3. Breezy3

Breezy3 Macaw mama tilting the world for Jesus!

+6,139
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    To me being a Christian means striving to have the MIND and HEART of Christ. Being HIS example in all things and relying on HIM for the everyday occurences in life.. big or small! It means spending quality time with him and in HIS WORD. We cannot get to know someone if we do not spend quality time with them.

4. WallabyMom

WallabyMom Senior Veteran

+115
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Being a Chistian is being Christ - like.
    Living for Him..loving Him and spending quality time with Him.
    Jesus is Lord of all or He is not Lord at all...
    He is my Lord and Savior...my Husband and Father to my children (husband to the widows and Father to the fatherless).
    He is my everything.
    Christians are followers of Christ.

5. ctay

ctay What a wonderful day the Lord has made

+23,166
    Lutheran
    Married
    Being a Christian means picking your cross up and following Jesus. Set an example to others, try to follow the 10 commandments, loving the Trinity(Father, Son, and Holy Ghost), love everyone, being faithful.

6. deadandalive

deadandalive Regular Member

+28
    Non-Denom
    Single
    being a christian is following his footsteps.
    being his disciple.
    following so close that you get the dust from his feet.
    staying clean and living for him.

7. mizangelwolf

mizangelwolf ~ Queen Ainirácamë of Laminin ~

+2,599
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    To me being a Christian is being a follower of Jesus Christ. This includes being obedient and praising Him. When we fall short we are to confess right away. We are to pray without ceasing and stay in fellowship with other believers. We are to read and study the Word and follow the examples we are given there. The rewards for this include peace, eternal life and the fullness our faith yields. Having a new life we do not want to continue in sin and when our flesh fails us, as it always will, we know we can turn at once and get back on the straight and narrow road. As we grow we become more Christlike and can be better examples of what a Christian is.

8. JLSgurl

JLSgurl Senior Member

+66
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    To me being a Christian is living for Jesus--you know trying to be like him. I also think to be a Christian you also have to invite him into your heart. You should also look forward to being in heaven and be faithful to Jesus.

9. ysl_75

ysl_75 Love Changes Everything

+6,399
    Christian
    Married
    To me christian means Jesus Christ want us to learned and be like him and also want all the christian to be unity....and become a christian means we have a second chance to be better...and changed to a better person....:D

10. Ariella

+10,776
    Christian
    Single
    room for three more!!! thanks for your responses! :clap:

11. Pure_Joy

Pure_Joy Embracing life with enthusiasm at every turn...

+23
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    To live everyday according to Gods will and try to glorify his name.
    And to reach out and affect my world for him

12. Ariella

+10,776
    Christian
    Single
    thanks pure joy :clap:

room for two more :)

13. FearNot7

FearNot7 Regular Member

+14
    Christian
    Single
    To be a Christian means to REALLY love, respect, serve God, and believe that He sent His ONE AND ONLY Son, Jesus Christ, to die for OUR sins. Being a Christian is a beautiful relationship between you and God.

14. nanajojothatsme

nanajojothatsme Legend

+13,575
    Christian
    US-Republican
    being a christians means to me that God loves me and I can have all things through Him
    I can cast my care onto Him. He loves me and I love Him
    I have my name written in the book of lambs

15. HICKIE

HICKIE Guest

+0
    Being a Christian means knowing in your heart AND confessing with your tongue that Jesus is savior. You must turn over all worries to him and confess all sins.

16. Ariella

+10,776
    Christian
    Single
    thanks for sharing your thoughts!!! :)

game over!!!! lots of great things said - thanks :) :clap: