SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,471.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Care to elaborate a bit more on that maybe?

I'm not talking about multiples, but just one for now, etc.

A single solitary choice in this example, etc.
That's where you go completely off the rails and I don't have a clue where you're coming from (and I suspect you don't either).

My post #79 gave two conditions where both a 100% and 0% probability numbers could be assigned 'simultaneously' .. take it or leave it.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's where you go completely off the rails and I don't have a clue where you're coming from (and I suspect you don't either).

My post #79 gave two conditions where both a 100% and 0% probability numbers could be assigned 'simultaneously' .. take it or leave it.
I'm talking about 100% and something other than 0%.

And I meant I'm not talking about multiple instances where there could be two possibilites, which is where I might have confused you, because you confused me, which is why I asked you to elaborate.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If there is an all-knowing God, or entity, or being, or whatever, etc, then how could He/She/It not know all things, and yet also at the very same time, also know all things with 100% absolute certainty at the same time, etc?
I'm not interested in hypotheticals...
If there is any such being, then all those other probabilities/possibilities cannot exist, etc.

At least, not in this universe anyway, etc.

And that is the main point I am trying to make here, etc.
... and I don't really care.

As for the rest of your restatement: This is, as far as I can tell, just a restatement of standard arguments from philosophy. I suspect they've done it more clearly already.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,471.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not interested in hypotheticals...
Neogaia777 said:
If there is any such being, then all those other probabilities/possibilities cannot exist, etc.
... and I don't really care.
Me neither!

Its a double triple(?) whammy hypothetical, what's more!

I mean: since when does a probability/possibility exist, (regardless of the existence of an untestable, non-hypothetical believed-in being), eh?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Here is that other thread.

If you want to talk about "time", let's please put them all there, etc.

Much thanks.

Take Care/God Bless.

Upvote 0