Inner demons... Scars... Strongholds/fortresses for demons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Conscious, sentient beings that must reside in scars/trauma's/issues, or they have no place to go and have to leave, yes...
I have a hard time with the concept that spirits on the level of virtues or vices can be conscious in any way. The spirit of "fear", which is just a word that describes an emotional state that motivates various observable behavior and physical reactions, is a living, thinking personality. Is fear a single spirit that lives in each 'fearful individual' or does each individual harbor a separate, individual entity? Most fears are 'learned' but there are a few that are considered to be innate.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mine have been disappearing with conversations with God, and the more honest I got with him, the more progress was made, I don't know if It's because I got to hear and realize the truth of it (mine) through that (getting more honest), myself, (since God knows/knew all along), or what...? But having him as a mirror has helped a lot...

That certainly makes sense to me. I see much of what you're describing as the general "darkness" or "ignorance" that we have about ourselves, and the more that God's Word shines into our lives, the more out path is lightened the the more obvious our errors/sin become as well as scars or curses which may have been inflicted by others in the past.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a hard time with the concept that spirits on the level of virtues or vices can be conscious in any way. The spirit of "fear", which is just a word that describes an emotional state that motivates various observable behavior and physical reactions, is a living, thinking personality. Is fear a single spirit that lives in each 'fearful individual' or does each individual harbor a separate, individual entity? Most fears are 'learned' but there are a few that are considered to be innate.
Well, I think there are spirits who are "lords" of certain concepts or words or thoughts, or ideas, both good and bad, for the good and bad... You can't really separate the spirit from the concept or thought or idea, but if you get rid of the bad and negative thoughts, concepts, ideas (expressed with words), then the spirits have to go with them...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's that mean...?

It means that more times than not, a persons character is defined by their traits. A person's traits are often linked to past experiences such as trauma and the like. "Johnny was never the same after the War..."

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I think there are spirits who are "lords" of certain concepts or words or thoughts, or ideas, both good and bad, for the good and bad... You can't really separate the spirit from the concept or thought or idea, but if you get rid of the bad and negative thoughts, concepts, ideas (expressed with words), then the spirits have to go with them...

God Bless!

I agree with all of that as well. In regards to "lords" it would be in the relationship that "Anxiety" is a subordinate of "Fear"... At least that's how the Greek and Babylonian demonologists would have it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It means that more times than not, a persons character is defined by their traits. A person's traits are often linked to past experiences such as trauma and the like. "Johnny was never the same after the War..."
Should they be...? Should it be that way...? If not, is there another way...?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with all of that as well. In regards to "lords" it would be in the relationship that "Anxiety" is a subordinate of "Fear"... At least that's how the Greek and Babylonian demonologists would have it.
It can be a good and/or bad thing that the spirits cannot be separated from the thought/idea/concepts or words in you... Good cause they are bound to them, cause if they're gone, then the spirits of them are gone and have to go to... Bad cause none of us start out without them, and they can take strong roots or strongholds in you that are difficult to change or get rid of...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say fear is a high ranking demon... And that the word or thought or concept or idea of "love" is the greatest of all, and none rank over it... And it has authority over all of them... if only we'd believe it/that...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should they be...? Should it be that way...? If not, is there another way...?
A person should be defined by their traits (fruit). How else can you claim to know or remember anyone? Their personality and traits are what always stand out. A person is an amalgam of spirits and they are known for the ones that manifest the most in their lives. How could anyone ever be remembered at a funeral if they were only ever known as a name and a face?

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would say fear is a high ranking demon... And that the word or thought or concept or idea of "love" is the greatest of all, and none rank over it... And it has authority over all of them... if only we'd believe it/that...

All of the spirits are animated by faith/belief and at the end of the day are the 'essence' of faith/belief in some-thing. You would have no fear unless there was a belief that some-thing should be feared—and then you name that thing as well until you get closer to the root cause.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A person should be defined by their traits (fruit). How else can you claim to know or remember anyone? Their personality and traits are what always stand out. A person is an amalgam of spirits and they are known for the ones that manifest the most in their lives. How could anyone ever be remembered at a funeral if they were only ever known as a name and a face?
Yes, but there are good and bad traits, some remember the good things about their childhood, their pasts their histories and associate who they have became with good things, good spirits, and then, some do not, and then, for some that is nearly impossible to do, with their history... Some are what some would call and give up on, as "damaged goods"...

I don't want to give up on these ones, but have no common frame of reference myself in my own life personally, so as to relate to and better understand theirs, so as to be able to help them...

What do you mean by "trait" isn't a trait (the fruit of a) or formed from (the root of a, or many) thoughts or concepts or ideas...?

Isn't a trait, something formed or made from the personal experiences of the individual, and how they perceive them...?

God Bless!

• Winner
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but there are good and bad traits, some remember the good things about their childhood, their pasts their histories and associate who they have became with good things, good spirits, and then, some do not, and then, for some that is nearly impossible to do, with their history... Some are what some would call and give up on, as "damaged goods"...

I don't want to give up on these ones, but have no common frame of reference myself in my own life personally, so as to relate to and better understand theirs, so as to be able to help them...

What do you mean by "trait" isn't a trait (the fruit of a) or formed from (the root of a, or many) thoughts or concepts or ideas...?

Isn't a trait, something formed or made from the personal experiences of the individual, and how they perceive them...?

God Bless!

A trait is typically a well-defined quality or characteristic and there are many. Many if not most certainly grow from the personal experiences and worldview of the individual.

There is no reason to give up on people who refuse to acknowledge their demons but depending on the approach you take you could damage your relationship with that person. Either a person truly believes that there is 'no problem' or they are too prideful or acknowledge it. In such a case be careful not to add further harm with sharp words or even curses such as "if you don't do abc, xyz will happen" or curse yourself with inner vows such as: "if this person doesn't do abc, i will be forced to do xyz"... This is common in relationships where one person is trying to "fix" another. On the other hand, if you're a therapist or counselor and are simply having a hard time connecting with clients or patients who have issues that you have never dealt with personally then reaching a person can become difficult and your best bet would be to seek counsel from others that may be more experienced in that specific area of 'sin' or 'trauma'...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All of the spirits are animated by faith/belief and at the end of the day are the 'essence' of faith/belief in some-thing. You would have no fear unless there was a belief that some-thing should be feared—and then you name that thing as well until you get closer to the root cause.
Is it truly that the entire kingdom of God is within us by our faith, maybe...? That our faith makes or creates or at the very least gives place to (spirits) maybe...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it truly that the entire kingdom of God is within us by our faith, maybe...? That our faith makes or creates or at the very least gives place to (spirits) maybe...?

The natural world is reflected in our inner-being but i don't think we all contain the "entire kingdom of God"—perhaps we do as a potential...

We have many spirits that can be considered 'kingdoms', 'strongholds' or 'fortified cities' within us, those principalities are usually amalgams of many spirits forming a hierarchy and government within our consciousness (the heavens) or unconscious mind (the underworld). The world of the spirit is analogous to the physical world because there is no other language that we can use to define these 'things' that we perceive other than the language that describes the world around us. This is why today we still call "the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, or work of art" the "Atmosphere", this is the same concept as the Greek notion of the 'Aer', the place in the 'aether' that Satan is said to be 'prince' of.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The natural world is reflected in our inner-being but i don't think we all contain the "entire kingdom of God"—perhaps we do as a potential...

We have many spirits that can be considered 'kingdoms', 'strongholds' or 'fortified cities' within us, those principalities are usually amalgams of many spirits forming a hierarchy and government within our consciousness. The world of the spirit is analogous to the physical world because there is no other language that we can use to define these 'things' that we perceive other than the language that describes the world around us. This is why today we still call "the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, or work of art" the "Atmosphere", this is the same concept as the Greek notion of the 'Aer', the place in the 'aether' that Satan is said to be 'prince' of.
Prince of the (bad) atmosphere, or feeling of your environment of the world around you, in this world, as you said the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, that meaning of atmosphere... Can't he be defeated or overcome by good though...?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Prince of the (bad) atmosphere, or feeling of your environment of the world around you, in this world, as you said the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, that meaning of atmosphere... Can't he be defeated or overcome by good though...?
We should not let outside factors set the pervading tone or mood of a place or situation though... We should be the ones setting that, with good...

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll keep this as short as I can which means being to the point and not worrying about offending people.

There are a lot of uneducated, prideful and judgemental comments on here that appear to be from people with no knowledge or experience of dealing with scars from trauma. While demons can cause problems in people who have suffered trauma the results of trauma are often physical or mental illnesses. You need to be very careful blaming demons for this and have spiritual discernment to recognise when it is a demon or something else. Born again believers are filled with the Holy Spirit so although they may have demonic influence where they strongholds, I do not believe they are inner demons, but Satan and his demons trying to influence people. Inner demons is usually a term used to describe their internal thoughts and beliefs.

People on here also seem to completely discount that our experiences in life determine who we are and what we know about. It affects how we develop as people and can affect how the brain functions, potentially causing chemical and synapsis function in the brain to be abnormal. Having people like you accusing people suffering from this of being demon possessed and "delivering" them of this so called demons is wrong and can be outright dangerous. I have seen several people stop taking medication because of people saying they have been delivered and causing serious problems in their lives, often undoing years of improvements and also causing them to leave the church. I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to know exactly what you are dealing with before you start throwing comments like on here around, you can do serious damage to people.

And as for the comment "have you ever seen a demon kill someone" I have known two previously clearly demonically influenced people who were in the church and getting better. They came across people making comments like on this thread and were "delivered" of their demons. They went on to stop their medical treatment, left the church and allowed the demonic influence to affect them again to the point where one committed suicide and one drank themselves to death. For this reason after posting this comment I will be reporting this thread for the mods to review.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll keep this as short as I can which means being to the point and not worrying about offending people.

There are a lot of uneducated, prideful and judgemental comments on here that appear to be from people with no knowledge or experience of dealing with scars from trauma.

Yes there are those like that, but, it is still something wrong with them, a stronghold is in them, of pride, selfishness, overall coldness, rudeness, a lack of caring and compassion, that kind of thing, but they were predisposed to it/that by their experiences in their life, how they were raised/taught, ect, and I think that can be demons at work as well, if they cannot keep you down lower than your supposed to be, then they'll make you go higher than you should be going...

While demons can cause problems in people who have suffered trauma the results of trauma are often physical or mental illnesses. You need to be very careful blaming demons for this and have spiritual discernment to recognise when it is a demon or something else.

I would only call it an irreversible illness when it's an incorrectable physical problem or a physical problem, say from birth, that creates a mental/emotional problem, look, it's all demons ok, but, for most a correctable problem, yet, not all...

Born again believers are filled with the Holy Spirit so although they may have demonic influence where they strongholds, I do not believe they are inner demons, but Satan and his demons trying to influence people. Inner demons is usually a term used to describe their internal thoughts and beliefs.

There are inner demons and outer demonic influences around us and with us...

People on here also seem to completely discount that our experiences in life determine who we are and what we know about. It affects how we develop as people and can affect how the brain functions, potentially causing chemical and synapsis function in the brain to be abnormal.

The brain needs to be reprogrammed or retrained from this world's influence on it, to God's influence on it, and yes, people can form an addicted state in the brain to negative actions, behaviors, attitudes, outlooks, that kind of thing that are hard to break, due to the way the brain has become wired with them...

Having people like you accusing people suffering from this of being demon possessed and "delivering" them of this so called demons is wrong and can be outright dangerous.

How so...? It's the "truth", i think we need to shed our fear (a demon) of this truth and accept it and face it...

I have seen several people stop taking medication because of people saying they have been delivered and causing serious problems in their lives, often undoing years of improvements and also causing them to leave the church. I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to know exactly what you are dealing with before you start throwing comments like on here around, you can do serious damage to people.

I'll take it under advisement...

And as for the comment "have you ever seen a demon kill someone" I have known two previously clearly demonically influenced people who were in the church and getting better. They came across people making comments like on this thread and were "delivered" of their demons. They went on to stop their medical treatment, left the church and allowed the demonic influence to affect them again to the point where one committed suicide and one drank themselves to death. For this reason after posting this comment I will be reporting this thread for the mods to review.

I do not believe i stopping medical treatment, I take my own psych med's and see a doctor (psychologist) regularly for my "stuff"...

The meds can help the biochemical makeup and connections in the brain, invaluable miracle drugs if you ask me, made by God, for this day and age, I say...

And, if they delete this thread I won't be surprised, (they've done it before) when people start getting very close to some, to them, controversial truth, a thread usually mysteriously disappears...

Cause, "You or they can't handle the truth" I guess, but the tread is here right now, and we can talk about it freely right now, for now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.