Inner demons... Scars... Strongholds/fortresses for demons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Fear is a major, chief, high ranking demon, with all kinds of subordinates...

We must ask ourselves...? Are we acting or reacting out of "fear" or not...? Really think about hard... And you'll find that many people do not even know that they are reacting or acting on and out of the "fear" they feel, or deny they feel... Shooting from the hip without thinking about it/this, and acting and behaving and reacting the way they do or are doing, not knowing that it is order to not feel or succumb to the fear...

A monsterous demon indeed... Fear... Fight or flight response...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll keep this as short as I can which means being to the point and not worrying about offending people.

There are a lot of uneducated, prideful and judgemental comments on here that appear to be from people with no knowledge or experience of dealing with scars from trauma. While demons can cause problems in people who have suffered trauma the results of trauma are often physical or mental illnesses. You need to be very careful blaming demons for this and have spiritual discernment to recognise when it is a demon or something else. Born again believers are filled with the Holy Spirit so although they may have demonic influence where they strongholds, I do not believe they are inner demons, but Satan and his demons trying to influence people. Inner demons is usually a term used to describe their internal thoughts and beliefs.

People on here also seem to completely discount that our experiences in life determine who we are and what we know about. It affects how we develop as people and can affect how the brain functions, potentially causing chemical and synapsis function in the brain to be abnormal. Having people like you accusing people suffering from this of being demon possessed and "delivering" them of this so called demons is wrong and can be outright dangerous. I have seen several people stop taking medication because of people saying they have been delivered and causing serious problems in their lives, often undoing years of improvements and also causing them to leave the church. I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to know exactly what you are dealing with before you start throwing comments like on here around, you can do serious damage to people.

And as for the comment "have you ever seen a demon kill someone" I have known two previously clearly demonically influenced people who were in the church and getting better. They came across people making comments like on this thread and were "delivered" of their demons. They went on to stop their medical treatment, left the church and allowed the demonic influence to affect them again to the point where one committed suicide and one drank themselves to death. For this reason after posting this comment I will be reporting this thread for the mods to review.
Obviously if they were delivered of their demons then they would have been "at peace" within and without, the fact that they were not should have been an indication for them and others seeing them...

And someone probably convinced them that this is or should be a thing that happens overnight and was not told to them that it is a process of working through you issues, to conquer demons...

Someone probably also lead them to believe that if it didn't happen for them overnight, and they were still struggling, that they must not have been born again when they put their faith in Christ, or a Christian either...

None of this is the truth...

But is some of the sad crap that some are peddling unfortunately...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When someone tries to justify behaving badly, they will sometimes just say "This is just who I am", I would say "wrong", that's an excuse, that's who the world shaped you and made you to be (like), not what God, or how God would make you to be without or apart from that (them, the demonic influences)... Your going to let the demons decide who you are...? Instead of God...?

How do we separate ourselves from the crap of the world, and become who we were truly meant to be, in God and in Christ...

Who are we truly meant to be apart from that...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll keep this as short as I can which means being to the point and not worrying about offending people.

There are a lot of uneducated, prideful and judgemental comments on here that appear to be from people with no knowledge or experience of dealing with scars from trauma. While demons can cause problems in people who have suffered trauma the results of trauma are often physical or mental illnesses. You need to be very careful blaming demons for this and have spiritual discernment to recognise when it is a demon or something else. Born again believers are filled with the Holy Spirit so although they may have demonic influence where they strongholds, I do not believe they are inner demons, but Satan and his demons trying to influence people. Inner demons is usually a term used to describe their internal thoughts and beliefs.

People on here also seem to completely discount that our experiences in life determine who we are and what we know about. It affects how we develop as people and can affect how the brain functions, potentially causing chemical and synapsis function in the brain to be abnormal. Having people like you accusing people suffering from this of being demon possessed and "delivering" them of this so called demons is wrong and can be outright dangerous. I have seen several people stop taking medication because of people saying they have been delivered and causing serious problems in their lives, often undoing years of improvements and also causing them to leave the church. I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to know exactly what you are dealing with before you start throwing comments like on here around, you can do serious damage to people.

And as for the comment "have you ever seen a demon kill someone" I have known two previously clearly demonically influenced people who were in the church and getting better. They came across people making comments like on this thread and were "delivered" of their demons. They went on to stop their medical treatment, left the church and allowed the demonic influence to affect them again to the point where one committed suicide and one drank themselves to death. For this reason after posting this comment I will be reporting this thread for the mods to review.

I haven't noticed any comments on this thread that discuss anything related to "Mental Illness", "Psychosis", "Depression" or the like. The reflections discussed seem to be in-line with the accepted "cognitive model" which is the basis of cognitive therapy, a valid form of treatment for such disorders that, again, were not openly discussed.

Cognitive therapy is based on the cognitive model, which states that thoughts, feelings and behavior are all connected, and that individuals can move toward overcoming difficulties and meeting their goals by identifying and changing unhelpful or inaccurate thinking, problematic behavior, and distressing emotional responses. This involves the individual working collaboratively with the therapist to develop skills for testing and modifying beliefs, identifying distorted thinking, relating to others in different ways, and changing behaviors.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prince of the (bad) atmosphere, or feeling of your environment of the world around you, in this world, as you said the pervading tone or mood of a place, situation, that meaning of atmosphere... Can't he be defeated or overcome by good though...?
We can certainly affect the mood or tone of a place or situation and more so in our own individual mind in how we perceive things. The reference to the aer is more related to the subtle influences over the collective masses of people. Similar to how a "Zeitgeist" is the "spirit of the age" and exists on a level far above the individual and influences generations of people. That's where we move from the individual to the group identities and personalities and the forces which influence them...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I haven't noticed any comments on this thread that discuss anything related to "Mental Illness", "Psychosis", "Depression" or the like. The reflections discussed seem to be in-line with the accepted "cognitive model" which is the basis of cognitive therapy, a valid form of treatment for such disorders that, again, were not openly discussed.

Cognitive therapy is based on the cognitive model, which states that thoughts, feelings and behavior are all connected, and that individuals can move toward overcoming difficulties and meeting their goals by identifying and changing unhelpful or inaccurate thinking, problematic behavior, and distressing emotional responses. This involves the individual working collaboratively with the therapist to develop skills for testing and modifying beliefs, identifying distorted thinking, relating to others in different ways, and changing behaviors.
Yes, thoughts/ideas/concepts are the spirit(ual) landscape, and their is lord for every one, thoughts/ideas/concepts are the "land" spiritually speaking, and that land is occupied by giants, or some strong demons, but, we can possess the promised land, by disposing the others of a, or they're place in our own selves, in our thoughts, by fighting evil with good and by figuring ourselves out...

Who we are, who we are meant or supposed to be, that kind of thing...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We can certainly affect the mood or tone of a place or situation and more so in our own individual mind in how we perceive things. The reference to the aer is more related to the subtle influences over the collective masses of people. Similar to how a "Zeitgeist" is the "spirit of the age" and exists on a level far above the individual and influences generations of people. That's where we move from the individual to the group identities and personalities and the forces which influence them...
Yes, that's where and when it can be and get complicated for us... However the masses come together by a similar shared thought/idea/concept/outlook, or idea, and there is a lord of that...

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, thoughts/ideas/concepts are the spirit(ual) landscape, and their is lord for every one, thoughts/ideas/concepts are the "land" spiritually speaking, and that land is occupied by giants, or some strong demons, but, we can possess the promised land, by disposing the others of a, or they're place in our own selves, in our thoughts, by fighting evil with good and by figuring ourselves out...

I use a figurative model of 'heaven and earth' as well and the symbolism varies based on whether it is applied to the individual or group and it fall in line with the language used by the prophets as well as the parables of Christ. The person and their psychological environment is the land/earth, ideas and influences are seeds, our meditation on them is the 'plants' and the outcomes or behavior the 'fruit'... But there is much more to the cosmology...

babyloniancosmologybiblke9.jpg

• Useful
Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The above image is strikingly similar to Babylonian cosmology, the only real difference is that instead of saying "Firmament of the Sky", they deify it into "Anu" which is the name of their god who is "Lord of the Constellations"... Instead of the "Moon" they would call it "Sin" and instead of the sun, "Shamash", etc., etc... The model represents both their understanding of the natural world and the human individual and collective psyche and powers that influence them...
sumerchart2.jpg

• Useful
Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is in this manner than the ancient kings claimed to be gods and claimed the authority of God. The first kings were named after Annu and claimed to be "above the stars of heaven", the chief priests and other ministers of government were associated with their particular deities such as their god of 'war', 'agriculture' and other patrons who are represented in the cosmology by the constellations. Common man and his social status is determined by his level in the pyramid or whether he is in a 'high place' in society or in the desolate valleys. This is the same language of 'images of heaven and earth' that is used by the prophets to describe the fate of the nations in the "last days"...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was having a conversation with someone, who was talking about wrestling with "inner demons", and I said, that I do not any longer have any "inner demons", though I might have at one point int time, but not now... Then I said, my demons are "outer" and come from "outside of me" now... I can tell now when someone else has inner demons, and when a demon is trying to "get to me" from the outside...

I said, "inner demons" have their place and take up residence in our "scars", our trauma's, to a lesser degree, even in our offenses, or things to which we easily take offense... They can get a foothold, that they can make and try to turn into a stronghold, in our scars and trauma's. They think they are "safe" and secure there, cause that's the last place we want to look, let alone face and get down to the bottom of, so as to exorcise them, or kick them out...

Any good psychologist try's to help people with their trauma's or scars, However, I don't think they realize they are in a battle with demons... Strong demons hide in strong scars and trauma's, and lesser demons in lesser ones...

Some don't know how to live or be if their scars are not to be a factor in their lives, it's been a part of them so long, they don't know how to give it up or be different, or live without them... But this is precisely what we need to help other people do... And ourselves too... Take the speck or timber out of our own eyes first, then we'll see clearly how to help another do the same....

I don't have or didn't have to struggle, internally with the kinds of demons some people do, in all fairness, My childhood was very good, my teenage years, very good, in fact, I was a little spoiled compared to most... My problems didn't come till adulthood, and I've dealt with most of those... But I can't imagine having the kind of deep and early scars that some people do, and the demons that come with it/them...

How do we help people with their demons or scars or trauma's...?

Facing them can be hell, but, it is the hell we must go through to get to heaven on the other side of it...

Comments...?

God Bless!

spiritual unrighteousness/lawlessness/wickedness is the original and very sin, the sin of the sins, the evil of evils, the cause of the causes, the iniquity of iniquities, vanity of vanities, etc., which is why all the struggle of the true Saints is against it (Ephesians 6:12), because it is the thing that brings "death"(deterioration), so not scars or traumata came first, but "sin" came first, and then "death"(deterioration) came together with "sin"

Romans 5:12-14 (KJV) "by one man(also: through the generation of the unrighteous spiritual workers/servants) sin(i.e. the devil as well as the system of spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness, a.k.a. the kingdom of the evil/wicked one) entered into the world, and death(i.e. and the (spirit of) deterioration) by sin; and so death passed upon all men(i.e. and so deterioration affected many humans), for that all have sinned(i.e. because many were seized by the system of (spiritual) unrighteousness/wickedness - some as its servants, others as its victims): For until the law sin was in the world(i.e. because the "darkness" was in the universe even before the nascence of human spirituality/religiosity): but sin is not imputed when there is no law(i.e. but there is no sin where there is no spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness). Nevertheless death(i.e. the deterioration) reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression(i.e. even over people that had not committed spiritual lawlessness/wickedness)"

so we have first to overcome "sin" i.e. the system of spiritual unrighteousness/lawlessness/wickedness which manifests primarily in the form of (ostensibly) sacred religions, and this is possible through righteous faith in the One Who is really the true Lord God

Ephesians 6:12 "we wrestle not against flesh and blood(i.e. not against human or other (be)souled beings, also, not against natural bodily activities (remember Romans 14:14-20 and 1 Timothy 4:1-12)), but against principalities(i.e. but against unrighteous spiritual/religious systems), against powers(i.e. against unrighteous spiritual powers/forces), against the rulers of the darkness of this world(i.e. against the manifestations/spirits of the darkness whose kingdom is founded mainly in this world), against spiritual wickedness in high places(also: against great spiritual lawlessness)."

so we have actually to remove the spirits of the "darkness" from humans/souls and the world completely and permanently - remember how Jesus cast out such spirits from demon-possessed people:

Mark 9:25 "He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You deaf and mute spirit, I command you, come out of him and do not enter him again.""

there should be no compromise with them at all, but we have to remove them from humankind and the world completely and permanently, which means there must be nothing in our faith that gives them an opportunity - everything Jesus and His true disciples did was based on exorcism

Blessings

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Fear of persecution has turned people away from God. Sometimes the threat is exaggerated, other times not. There are temptations to sin such as lust, greed, anger and deceit that entered a person's conscience, or surfaced from whence we do not know.

In the Old Testament, kingdoms were taken by military conquest. Jesus did not have the will to physically fight his opponents, but was given his defense in the way he lived and died. His defense was in the power of God to make his resurrection happen. One does not need to be a giant killer to be a Christian. The Kingdom of Heaven has not been taken out by giants or divisions of troops.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about people who their scars are like or have become their crutches...? You work with them, and start to get down to the bottom of their scars, only to find out that, (maybe they get angry at you), only to find out that, they're not willing or ready to really give them up, or they just don't see or can't see how they can...

How do you handle that...?

Like someone in the Matrix who does not want to be woke up, and will even fight you trying to wake them up, and may become, (this is the risk), may become so bitter and angry with you for getting close, (to their problem they don't want to give up) that they see you as an enemy and now hate you for trying to set them free...

God Bless!
People become truly evil ,when they abolutely refuse every effort ,to help them overcome what ever problems they have .I am not sure if there demons in them, or if they themselves become demons , losing all "life ' of the soul and the body ,eventually .
In Spain and the Pays Basque the killing of the bull by the toreador served an important purpose, as the Bull '(the bullie ) is totally stubborn , powerful,unenlightened and carnal ,and people born under the sign of the bull ,the second half of May +,never ever change ,refuse to be enlightened ,and cause a lot of problems .
So ancient societies were often wise to many things which have been dismissed by ignorance among certain christians ,who lack historical wisdom .

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How are we set free from them and they flee, the moment we accept Jesus....?

See, I'm wondering if rather than some instantaneous, miraculous, overnight thing, that, if we do not have to do the "legwork" so to speak, and work through it/them, then, they will be gone, or not...?

If this is not some of the work were supposed to be doing with one another...

Hi,
yes! This is the wonderful and glory of Jesus. He is in charge, not demons, not Satan himself. The moment you believe, trust and call upon Jesus to help you, it happens. All evil things tremble and flee at the very name of Jesus.

I don't say this for no reason. It is in the Bible and I experienced it. Shortly after being bereaved, as I was alone at home in the night, I sensed an evil presence. Terrifying. I called to Jesus and said the Lord's Prayer. It fled. I relaxed, slept fine. It happened maybe three times over some weeks, when I was most vulnerable as I deeply grieved. Each time I was rescued by Jesus. This is the truth.

Once you accept Jesus as saviour and Lord of your life, no demon will wish to or be able to control you. Fabulous or what!

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I must admit that in Europe we would hardly use such terms ,as demon possession would be rare nowadays ,and 'problems would always be dealt with first by 'caring means' , until that had been exhausted . Putting the idea of 'demons ' into a head , as in mine , usually has a negative reaction , bringing on fear , which was not there
before .
It indicates much, about those who spend too much time on such negative ideas .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
indeed yes, we must be careful what we are doing as regards demons and evil influence.
I would say it is safe to pray, ask Jesus to help. Beyond that is an individual choice.

Anyone with serious mental issues especially if on medication should be careful. Don't do anything hasty or drastic. Seek a doctor's advice as well as a vicars or other professional. Be sensible.

I have given my personal perspective, I am not on any medication, nor do I drink. Just so as you know. Put your trust in Jesus and be careful whose advice you take seriously otherwise.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Demons fallen angels... most believers have no clue what so ever about this.. and NO I am no expert. So much is nothing more then guessing wondering speculation. One never plays with this. We can never stand against them. Jesus is the power period that is in us. HE does it all..never us.

So.. the mind.. its part of the body. Yes yes.. things can be caused by demons...but to many times the mind like the rest of the body can get sick..that God has blessed man with the ability to help and heal. And PRAYER ALWAYS works. No matter what it is .. PRAYER .. in JESUS name..what ever it is HAS TO GO! Isa 53:5 1st Peter 2:24 covers EVERYTHING.. sickness demonic.. ALL!

There are very wise men and women in this world that have studied the mind.. and doctors that GOD gave man. USE THEM! For ALL good things ALL..come from God.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is your problem anger, addiction, or other destructive symptoms?

My problem (inner demon?) was always fear - the fear associated with guilt. I attended a boarding school from age 6. Its principal was a man with a very short fuse and a very violent temper. Yes, he was a professing Christian. I learned a new kind of fear at that school - a fear arising from the total uncertainty of what this man might suddenly decide was "wrong" and beat me for it. I graduated with the school's highest award, which I felt I had no right to. For many many years I lived in the fear that I had done something wrong (I had no clue what it might be) and that the school would pursue me and punish me for it.

The moment you believe, trust and call upon Jesus to help you, it happens. All evil things tremble and flee at the very name of Jesus.

This did not happen Lilly54. I had believed in Jesus all this time, and indeed had a very deep encounter with him at the age of 15. The fear, I now believe from a completely false sense of guilt, continued. What was I going to confess? I had no idea what wrong I had committed. And when I asked the Lord what it might be, he gave me no clear answer - because I hadn't done anything deserving this kind of guilt or fear.

Someone has said "the words we use, and the narratives we tell, shape our reality." For many years as an adult my childhood narrative focused on the negative influences, the faults of adults and others around me, "bad" things happening to me. When I learned about "narrative therapy" I started to look at the more positive things of my childhood. This violent school principal was also the man who did more than anyone other than my father to be curious about everything around me, he taught me bookbinding, he taught me to swim, he gave me (together with 2 other kids) the responsibility of building a gravel path 750 metres through the forest to the waterwheel generator house, and he also gave me the responsibility to clean the debris filter for this waterwheel. He taught me to keep weather records (max-min temp, rainfall) and put me in charge of doing so on a daily basis, filling in the tables for submission to the meterological authorities. This was a big deal because we lived 400 kms from the nearest real town, at a real extremity of the country. Along with other kids he taught me to capture and prepare butterflies, moths and dragonflies, for sending to the national museum (one species we caught had not been known to science before, and was given the school's name). And all this before I was thirteen.

In the same way, my earliest (at 5 years of age) memory of God was being told that I should repent of my sin before I went to sleep, because if I died in the night I'd been sent by God to hell - a hell that was made very vivid in my mind. It was decades later that I began to understand the breadth and depth and height of God's love, and that indeed, focusing on the nature of his love for me, bannished that particular fear of reprisal for a wrong I never committed.

Focusing on the positive narrative has more than outweighed all the nasty things that happened. Thanking God for all that happened and understanding that "in everything" he works for the good of those who love him, has also meant that I don't have to deliberately "think positive" - it is becoming automatic because this understanding. Nothing that happens to me cannot be given positive and constructive value through God's working (Rom 8:28) and I need never think that I will miss out on anything that's good for me (Psalm 84: 11).

It has also been said that children at birth have only two fears: the fear of falling, and the fear of sudden loud noises. I have seen both in my grandchildren. Other fears are taught, either by those around us, unpleasant surroundings and circumstances, or assumptions we build up within our own minds (as I obviously did). Those are the kinds of demons I would consider inner demons. Many years in Africa have made me very certain that there are other demonic beings, besides and beyond psychological diseases.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you all for your replies, BTW...

But, i'd like to shift the focus on this thread into how to be dealing with people's trauma's and scars, if possible, using examples would help...

If you were a professional counselor, how would you help and walk people through this...? `How would you help them...? Victims of childhood abuse, or rape, or sexual abuse, or extreme physical/verbal abuse early on...

When they start talking about these things they are going to vulnerable, and in a very "touchy" state, if you say the wrong thing during these times, it could all get very bad and go wrong...

How do you handle it/them...?

How would you try to heal them...? And free them...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you all for your replies, BTW...

But, i'd like to shift the focus on this thread into how to be dealing with people's trauma's and scars, if possible, using examples would help...

If you were a professional counselor, how would you help and walk people through this...? `How would you help them...? Victims of childhood abuse, or rape, or sexual abuse, or extreme physical/verbal abuse early on...

When they start talking about these things they are going to vulnerable, and in a very "touchy" state, if you say the wrong thing during these times, it could all get very bad and go wrong...

How do you handle it/them...?

How would you try to heal them...? And free them...?

God Bless!
If I were a Christian counselor, counseling other Christians, I would tell them that that was a demon trying to get and steal away from you, the best of you...

Then I would ask if they are going to let that happen, or not...?

When they say "no", then I would help them by giving them the whole big picture truth of the gospel and hope that would help...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.