• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters, family says

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Michie, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+32,277
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    From the article-
    The victim, 24-year-old Jessica Doty Whitaker, leaves behind a 3-year-old son.

An Indiana woman was fatally shot earlier this month following an alleged argument between her family and a group of Black Lives Matter supporters, her family says.

The woman, 24-year-old Jessica Doty Whitaker, was walking along Indianapolis Canal Walk with her fiancé, Jose Ramirez, and two other people around 3 a.m. on July 5 when someone in their group used a racial slur, Fox 59 reported.

The woman, 24-year-old Jessica Doty Whitaker, was walking along Indianapolis Canal Walk with her fiancé, Jose Ramirez, and two other people around 3 a.m. on July 5 when someone in their group used a racial slur, Fox 59 reported.

A group of nearby strangers overheard the comment and confronted Whitaker’s group, according to the station.

Ramirez alleged that the group shouted “Black Lives Matter,” to which either Whitaker or someone else in their group reportedly responded with, “All Lives Matter.”

Continued below.
    Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters, family says

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+1,745
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If there is no law and order on the streets you can expect this to be just the beginning, I hate to say that but the writing is on the wall.

3. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+16,283
    Christian
    Married
    From the OP article:
    so really what you have here is: someone shot this woman, they don't know who and they don't know why and now it's being used to attack Black Lives Matter? :scratch:
    tulc(is just wondering)

4. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber

+645
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I don't see that at all.

5. Michie

+32,277
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    This has been on the local news. It was all about BLM and what was said in reply.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. tulc

+16,283
    Christian
    Married
    ...except that's what the reality is: they were out at 3 am walking around, they got in an argument with another group walking around at 3 am, both groups pulled guns on each other, they left and she got shot. Those are pretty much the only facts. What's not a fact is that she was killed for saying "All lives matter!" that's the narrative being used to push an agenda. :wave:
    tulc(just a thought)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Michie

+32,277
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    That could go either way. And knowing the area, lots of people walk in that area at all hours. It’s not unusual at all.

8. tulc

+16,283
    Christian
    Married
    What it sounds a lot like is two drunken groups get in an argument over a racial slur, they pull guns on each other, they wander off, someone gets shot later on. Than anti-BLM people try and use her death to push their agenda. :sorry:
    tulc(just a thought)

9. Arc F1

+645
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Actually we don't know any facts. We just know what was reported and lately I don't put much stock in the news. How do we know that by not reporting that it was a BLM member is the agenda? Maybe the police just don't want to stick their neck out and be called racist.

10. tulc

+16,283
    Christian
    Married
    the same area where several people have been shot recently? :scratch:
    tulc(a point that's been ignored in most of the stories about this) :sorry:

11. tulc

+16,283
    Christian
    Married
    this part is true.
    ...I haven't seen a single report yet that didn't try and blame this on some sort of Black Lives Matter thing. :wave:

Maybe the police are waiting to see what happened before they say something? :scratch:
    tulc(not a bad idea all around)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Arc F1

+645
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The media is all about agenda instead of news.
    Fact check: Trump 2020 campaign shirt criticized for design

The next news story will probably say " Trump has hair and you know who else had hair? Hitler."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. tulc

+16,283
    Christian
    Married
    this thread isn't about President Trump, maybe we should just stick to what's in the OP instead. :wave:
    tulc(just a thought)

14. Arc F1

+645
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You brought up news agendas. I was just giving an example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Arc F1

+645
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I will take "funny" as a compliment. I would much rather make people laugh even if it's at me instead of with me as opposed to how people tend to act nowadays. The world needs more laughter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,589
    Anglican
    Married
    What else happens in Indiana around 3:00 a.m.? Last call.

Guns. Groups spewing stuff at each other. Maybe alcohol. What could possibly go wrong?

Mama always said, "Nothing good ever happens after midnight."

17. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+3,017
    Catholic
    Married
    I haven't read if there has been an update on this but the articles claiming the BLM is at fault seem to showing some prejudice on the matter. Assuming that the people were BLM supporters just because they used the term, after being called a racial slur, doesn't make those the ones who actually shot the girl.

No one actually saw who fired the shot.

18. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+28,830
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Yep! My mama said something to that effect too. She said if it can't be done by midnight, best leave it alone until the next day.

19. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,555
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    nm

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020