In your opinion, what makes a woman, well...a woman?

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Somewhere in my psyche there is an ideal picture of a woman - mentally, emotional, spiritually, physically. I think Jung called this picture "the anima". To me, the more a person approaches that, they are a woman. Otherwise they are just male or female. There aren't that many women in my world. But that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Strange but interesting question. Well, what makes a man?

Being a woman myself, i regard it essential to be a lady, to be the best I can be. That means being opposite but complementary to a man.
Beyond that i find it hard to answer.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally, being married to a woman that resembled the woman in Proverbs 31 would be pretty awesome and well qualifies as a woman in my mind. Someone a man can trust; she works hard and skillfully; provides for her house and subordinates; purchases real estate, and gardens, and she's strong; she's generous, well prepared for the future, and confident; and most importantly she is wise and fears the LORD.

I suppose ultimately God is what makes a woman, and a man, and I think the path for every person is probably different.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A woman makes a home. She dictates it. A proper woman is guided in all things by God. That means being disciplined and hard working and full of joy and love for everyone.
The only way is through Jesus. To be the best person, fulfilled as man or woman.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In your opinion, what makes a woman a woman? (Other than biology)

Only biology makes a woman a woman. How else would someone be considered a woman if not by biology?

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel like the OP is way too open-ended to really be able to know how to answer. Are we talking about from a psychological or philosophical perspective? Or are we talking about drawing distinctions between a woman and a girl?

Either way, the thought of a bunch of males opining on this topic is kind of funny to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I feel like the OP is way too open-ended to really be able to know how to answer. Are we talking about from a psychological or philosophical perspective? Or are we talking about drawing distinctions between a woman and a girl?

Either way, the thought of a bunch of males opining on this topic is kind of funny to me.

This is why you are completely fine :)

This Topic is disgusting

Reactions: Paulie079
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
65d.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is this thread about what men fine feminine and thus attractive in women? Seems like it's somewhat subjective, although biologically not as much as some might want to think. Although if we do go down this road for the sake of equality it's probably best to create a thread asking women what makes a man a man. This could be quite fun.

Upvote 0